• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Site Downtime Coming

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia
We will be taking BGO offline (we believe, ever-so-briefly) in order to facilitate transition to our new site. Exact timeline for the downtime remains to be determined, but likely between now and Monday. When we come back online again, you'll find yourself in a brand new BGO environment. Many of the features you all asked for months ago have been incorporated, others are in progress. Remember that while we've worked hard to do as much work as possible before opening up the new board to you all, that it will not be a finished product. We have intentionally waited to upgrade several core features (like the Arcade, Chatrooms, Gallery, etc..) until after go-live. We will be launching a new mobile skin at go-live, but customizing that skin will occur over the next several weeks (and of course, you can always utilize one of our favorite apps, Tapatalk, when visiting the site on your portable device).

We're excited to show you the new digs within the next several days, and to continue improving it over the next couple months. Thanks for your contributions to BGO over the years - it's exciting to launch a new site fresh off the showroom floor - and it's an opportunity to recommit yourself to this great little community. :cheers:

NO WHAT AM I GOING TO DO WITHOUT BGO THIS WEEKEND #!@*($@(#*$

(have fun with the update ;) )

last time i offered to help i jacked everything up lol.

Hence the site refresh. ;-)

I kid, I kid! You were actually a great help and that whole episode is the big reason behind this update. We were just behind the times and that proved it.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
well you guys have definitely gotten my curiosity on the refresh. can't wait to see what it looks like!

Being IT guys, I suspect if we did call you, you'd just tell us to reboot :)

We will be taking BGO offline (we believe, ever-so-briefly)

Boone, man, your optimism is charming......now I'm going off in the corner and cry on your behalf for a while. It is impossible to overestimate how much longer things like this will take as opposed to wishful thinking and the most carefully constructed sales pitches of web developers. I'm planning on cutting you a lot of slack here, bud. :)

I am seriously looking forward to the gradual emergence of the 2014 S-class BGO with all the new high-tech options and conveniences. Good luck and have fun. :D

NO WHAT AM I GOING TO DO WITHOUT BGO THIS WEEKEND #!@*($@(#*$

Tshile, you ever visit StumbleUpon? The weekend will evaporate right in front of ya before you know it. :uhoh:

So you're telling me we'll have more free time to drink even more beer?

You guys ARE awesome!

;)

While the site's down, we should all just hang out at Mike's house for the weekend, since he's already having "Guys Weekend Out" with his boys, and has 2 Kegerators full enough to provide liquid refreshment for all of us.

I hate this upgrade. I can't find anything. All my favorite features are gone and I don't like the colors.

Much grass, brother. :)

Looking like it will be Monday before we are able to go-live...

I don't know if this is the time or place to ask, but is anyone aware of a problem with the Search Function ? I've had trouble with it for a very long time.
It's not a case of getting an error message, or it not processing at all. It does process, but it always returns zero results....even though I am positive the keyword I typed in was used before.

It looks like we will be bringing the board down sometime later today/this evening. If all goes well, we'll be on the new upgraded board by later tonight. Fingers crossed :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.