• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

King says...........

Sarge, on NBC King just stated that Cerrato, Zorn and Snyder sat down and Zorn was told he needs to relinquish his play calling duties. 8:10 PM Sunday night.

Relinquish them to WHO????!!!! Sherm - who's still jet lagged???

I mean - come on....

Snyder and Cerrato still refuse to own this mess, and will continue to do so. They've had a full freaking year and an off-season to see Zorn's playcalling, and they're just getting around to figuring out that's not a strength?

It's comical.

Hey Snyder and Cerrato - you need to relinquish YOUR duties!

Can anything be done to fix this team THIS year? I seriously doubt it.

Stripping Zorn of duties won't accomplish anything but give the organization/FO another black eye for their treatment/undermining another head coach.

OTOH, Zorn probably deserves it. Clevland may be the only offense in the league as bad as the Redskins'. And at least they are trying to do SOMETHING rather than give up and go through the motions.

I don't see this helping anything though.

The worst part of the report by King is that Snyder and Cerrato still appear to be joined at the hip. This is the worst case scenario!

Didn't Vinny and Danny create this mess in the 1st place?

Didn't they hire Zorn to be the OC? And don't most OCs do the playcalling?

So is Sherm Smith now the playcaller? Lewis?

They'll probably hook up Campbell's helmet to some strings and a tin can and let Danny call the plays from his suite.

Vinny ought to relinquish all of his official unofficial GM duties because he doesn't have a clue.

vinny-cerrato-012308.jpg

"Oline? We don't need no stinking O-line"

I mean - come on....

Snyder and Cerrato still refuse to own this mess, and will continue to do so. They've had a full freaking year and an off-season to see Zorn's playcalling, and they're just getting around to figuring out that's not a strength?

It's comical.

That was my reaction as well.

And are they so out of touch that they think playcalling is the primary problem here? This team isn't just bad, it's old bad. It's the kind of bad that gets worse, not better, as time goes on. And that's not on the second-year coach. That's on the guys bringing in players.

Hiring a consultant. Cutting Zorn off at the knees. Firing Zorn. Whatever. At this point they are rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic.

I mean - come on....

It's comical.

Couldn't have said it better myself. Until these two bozos OWN this mess it will never get better.

Zorn may not be head coach material but he isn't the biggest problem this team has, not by a long shot.

Couldn't have said it better myself. Until these two bozos OWN this mess it will never get better.

Zorn may not be head coach material but he isn't the biggest problem this team has, not by a long shot.

While we all know this to be true, Danny can't undo the stupid decisions he and Vinny have already made. Hiring a staff first and then hiring Zorn are among those.

At this point, you have to try to stop the bleeding. While Zorn was probably set up for failure from the get-go, he has done absolutely NOTHING to make Danny or the fans think he can do better. Something has to be done to try to shake things up and prevent this team from going 2-14. That may be an impossible task but you almost HAVE to try.

As I've been saying for while, dumping Zorn is not enough. Blache needs to be fired as well. We need an attacking defense that is capable of creating turnovers. Playing "bend but don't break" defense keeps them on the field too long. Our corners need to press and force teams to beat them over the top. We may give up more long TD passes but we're also more likely to get more sacks and turnovers, thereby giving the offense a short field.

As for firing Zorn, I just don't think Sherman Lewis can do a worse job of calling plays and I'm pretty certain Danny Smith or Jerry Gray can do a better job of managing the game. The BYE week will allow Lewis to become more familiar with the playbook and will also allow him to tweak some of the plays and, perhaps, take better advantage of our personnel, especially given the Offensive Line injuries/woes.

These changes are necessary for the now. Bigger changes are necessary down the road and we all know where that needs to start.

Snyder and Cerrato helped create the present mess on the OL and the uneven talent on the roster.

That said, Zorn has been AWFUL in both game management and in being able to motivate his roster to focus and give 100% effort.

Zorn has also been reluctant to make any changes.

Collins should have replaced Campbell a couple of weeks ago in relief.

ARE should have been replaced on punt returns a long time ago.

If Campbell was going to stay on the field, the stats show he is MUCH more effective in shotgun. The Redskins should have used that formation and the hurry up to start games to build some momentum early.

Instead the team came out and played conservatively YET AGAIN.

What is there to lose? :laugh:

This team wasn't headed to the Super Bowl, Jim. Might as well try and get on top early and see if KC gives up.

Instead the Redskins let KC set up and get comfortable because while KC couldn't protect its quarterback, the Redskins offense showed KC that Washington wasn't going to score unless an interception or fumble was returned on the other side of the ball.

Now, comes the interesting question.

Blache already said he didn't want to become a HC. At 59, he said he was too old for that.

So, who does that leave ready to take over for an interim period? Sherm Lewis at 67?

Or how about bringing back Pepper Rodgers.

I'll agree with you that Zorn is not head coaching material. Most everyone realized he was a bit of a long shot to begin with. That said, I can’t think that cutting the guys’ legs off like this is going to help us win one ball game going forward. It introduces more chaos to an already bad situation.

It’s hard to think of any other teams (other than the Raiders) who have worked so hard to undermine and eventually fire a coach mid season. Now we are on the verge of doing it twice in 10 years. What kind of message does that send? “If you can’t get the crappy talent the front office graciously provides you to overachieve you’re gone.” Nice. I’m sure we’ll have quality candidates lined up around the block to take over.

I know we haven’t officially fired Zorn yet, but we’re going to take away the very thing we hired him to do before we promoted him to head coach; run the offense and call the plays. Zorn is a dead man walking and after we get the crap kicked out of us on Monday might by the Eagles he’ll be replaced. No question about it now.

What a scoop by King! Even I knew last week that Zorn would probably be gone the bye week. Sherm calling plays is to just get him used to the terminology with our offense.

I may be wrong, but has Sherm Lewis ever called plays? Seems to me I read that even though he was an OC he never called plays under Holmgren.

Danny and Vinny have created a major cluster out of the team I so love.

Dan: You know what ya gotta do?

Vinny: You ain't killin my dog

Dan: Son...he's got the hydrophbie

Sherm Lewis running by: B-12!!

Dan: Who the hell let him out of the coaches box??

Karl: I'll get him Mr. Snyder!!

Dan: Bring me the rifle when you come back!!

I think some of you misread the article a bit. Zorn will still have a major role in the offense. He and the other Sherman are being put in to replace Heyer and BMW at OT.

I think some of you misread the article a bit. Zorn will still have a major role in the offense. He and the other Sherman are being put in to replace Heyer and BMW at OT.

You'd think Zorn would come in as QB.

Did you guys listen to the Press Conference?

What did you make of the question/statement that Lewis "doesn't have a good reputation around the league as a playcaller"?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.