• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

I Am a Fair Weather Fan I Suppose

The Burgundy Ghost

The Starter
Reaction score
Military Branch
Navy
Alma Mater
Salisbury
I was looking forward to this game vs. the Chiefs if only for the Tailgate and to run around with my Fire Vinny shirt and yell for the team like I normally do.

But after seriously thinking about how horrid the Skins are playing and the lousy weather (and the fact that I have a 2.5 hr. drive each way and have to work on Monday), I decided to pass on going to the game. Just more reason I suppose to pass on my season tickets next year.

I just can't afford to be sick with my job, especially when I deal with sick people all day at work and I have a feeling that sitting in the rain in 40 degree weather with 15-19 MPH winds from about 9AM to 5PM is going to make that a strong possibility that'll I'll get something or be more suseptible.

What makes it even worse is that the Skins game won't be shown over here on the ES, so it will be Sonny, Sam and Larry and the Red Zone channel for me....... frankly I have no interest in watching the Ravens play the Favres. Don't really care for many of the Ravens fan base and I can't stand Favre anymore or his sycophants.

So that's my confession........good luck to those going to the game.
Dress warm and dry.

I understand your situation. I'm going to make the 2.5hr drive from Salisbury, but only because I'm under cover mostly. Besides the opportunity to go and wear the new Snyder Sucks / Fire Vinny t-shirts is too much to pass up. I'm sure we'll pay the price next week.

damn you, snyder -- even your core fan base is falling by the wayside

WD, don't feel bad! We'll see how things go at the Stadium tomorrow. The only reason I'm headed to the game is because I got free tickets. Gonna get bundled up in my Cabelas' rain gear and plenty of layers.

Hail to the Redskins! Let's see a better performance tomorrow!

I don't even think I'm gonna turn the game on today. Got an old Air Force buddy visiting, who is a Pittsburgh fan. May watch that game to see some real football

Turns out I will be watching the game. My dad invited me over to watch.

But I understand why once die hard fans would choose to do something else today.

I'm a glutton for punishment, I'll be watching as always. :)

I'll be watching-CBS here in NC is carrying it-and Fox, of course, has the Panthers-Tampa Bay game locally. I will say this, if Fox was carrying it here I'd be switching back and forth between the Skins/Chiefs and Giants/Saints.

I am at the game now and I must say it was worth it to come see how pathetic Jason Campbell and the play calling is. I can tell you it looks a lot worse live than on TV. Simply pathetic against 29th defense in the NFL.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

How Jason Campbell is still the starter is beyond me. We know Collins can be an effective backup. Why in God's name do you keep hitching your horse to Jason effing Campbell who, by the way, is getting worse as the season progresses?

Zorn must have a death wish.

FINALLY!

Maybe the Campbell experiment is finally over. I hope so. At least Collins gives a chance, however remote, to win.

Go Collins!

You almost have to wonder if Snyder just pulled Zorn aside at halftime and told him - 'you lose today, and you're done in DC'.

Wouldn't surprise me a bit. And might explain Collins as well.

I am at the game now and I must say it was worth it to come see how pathetic Jason Campbell and the play calling is. I can tell you it looks a lot worse live than on TV. Simply pathetic against 29th defense in the NFL.

The Stadium only loks about 2/4 full on TV. That about right?

There you have it. After perhaps the worst 2 minute drill in the history of the NFL, Jason's days as starter may be over in Washington.

Campbell is one of the nicest guys in the NFL - but he's not a starting NFL quarterback. All the hoping in the world will never change that.

You watch a single drive with Collins at the helm and you think 'holy **** - he's just taking what they give them, and we're actually moving the chains.'

Campbell is one of the nicest guys in the NFL - but he's not a starting NFL quarterback. All the hoping in the world will never change that.

You watch a single drive with Collins at the helm and you think 'holy **** - he's just taking what they give them, and we're actually moving the chains.'

I must have missed that drive, Boone. Was it the first drive of the second half? I missed that drive because I switched channels to watch a football game.

Ok, so I watched the whole game.

Why do I feel like I was just punished for something?

Boone, watching Collins back there didn't convince me QB is the problem. He had one good toss and a few other ok throws, but in general our offense was horrible either way. This is in no way meant to be an apology for Campbell, mind you. But this offense is horrible across the board.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.