• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Returning Redskins most likely to be cut loose this preseason ?

Fear The Spear

The Legend
Reaction score
Which of the following returning Skins are most likely to get cut before the season ? Pick more than one

Jordan Bernstine
Dorson Boyce
Dezmon Briscoe
Tom Compton
Tyler Polumbus
Tristan Davis
Adam Gettis
Dejon Gomes
Maurice Hurt
Jarvis Jenkins
Bryan Kehl
Josh LeRibeus
Niles Paul
Logan Paulsen
Jordan Pugh
Evan Royster
Roy Helu
Aldrick Robinson
Keiland Williams

Others ?

I think Paulsen, Jarvis Jenkins and McRib all stay. I also don't think we get rid of BOTH Hurt and Polumbus. Maybe one but not both since both have played Guard AND Tackle.

I'd say Pugh is gone, and Gomes needs one hell of a camp to stay on the roster. I think Hurt will stick around, but Polumbus is definitely on notice with the signings of Trueblood & Pashos.

IMO the guys who are definitely safe on your list: LeRibeus, Jenkins, Paulsen, Gettis, Robinson, Compton & Briscoe. Everyone else could be cut.

I'd say Pugh is gone, and Gomes needs one hell of a camp to stay on the roster. I think Hurt will stick around, but Polumbus is definitely on notice with the signings of Trueblood & Pashos.

IMO the guys who are definitely safe on your list: LeRibeus, Jenkins, Paulsen, Gettis, Robinson, Compton & Briscoe. Everyone else could be cut.

I agree with this list with the exception of Briscoe. He isn't anything special to me and if Jarboe can impress I can see the staff going with the younger, cheaper player.

I would also add Helu to the safe list depending on his health. If he can get healthy, I think he is fine. If not...well. :(

I might also add Reed Daughty to the "in danger" list, especially if Tanard Jackson gets reinstated. Both Thomas and Rambo are younger, faster and cheaper. Granted, Reed is a Teamer and that might save him yet. I'd sort of hate to see him go.

I agree with this list with the exception of Briscoe. He isn't anything special to me and if Jarboe can impress I can see the staff going with the younger, cheaper player.

I would also add Helu to the safe list depending on his health. If he can get healthy, I think he is fine. If not...well. :(

I might also add Reed Daughty to the "in danger" list, especially if Tanard Jackson gets reinstated. Both Thomas and Rambo are younger, faster and cheaper. Granted, Reed is a Teamer and that might save him yet. I'd sort of hate to see him go.

I think Helu isn't safe because of his health. Everything I've read does not sound promising for him, unfortunately.

As far as Briscoe is concerned - the fact they didn't draft a WR makes me think they're happy with the current corps. If one of the UDFAs makes some noise then Briscoe could be in trouble; otherwise, I'd bet he's safe.

I guess the other option is if they keep 4TEs, and only 5WRs, due to Jordan Reed's versatility.

I think 4 TE's is a given at this point unless Sleepy doesn't make it back. Paulsen is the best blocking TE on the roster and he was more than serviceable in the passing game after Sleepy went down last year. Paul is a ST stud and currently #1 on the depth chart at KR. Reed was a second round draft pick and you just don't cut those in year 1.

We only kept 6 WRs in the past because of Banks so with him gone and Paul filling that roll I think that roster slot moves from the WR column to the TE column.

Pretty sure that Garçon, Morgan and Moss are safe. That leave Robinson, Briscoe and the UDFA's to fight over the 4 and 5 slots. Not sure who is ranked higher, Robinson or Briscoe, at the moment. Both have their strengths but someone like Jarboe, who posses 4.5 speed in a body close to Briscoe's size, might be what the doctor ordered. Assuming he really as something and isn't just a nice story at this point. And yeah, I'm pulling for the kid.

Reed was a second round draft pick and you just don't cut those in year 1.

actually he was third round :)

You think Jarvis is on the chopping block in only his third season and second full one?

I'm not sayin it's likely, but I would say it's a possibility

Last edited:
Gotta agree with Neo, I believe we will see 4 TE's going into the season opener and Briscoe is gone.

Pretty sure that Garçon, Morgan and Moss are safe. That leave Robinson, Briscoe and the UDFA's to fight over the 4 and 5 slots. Not sure who is ranked higher, Robinson or Briscoe, at the moment. Both have their strengths but someone like Jarboe, who posses 4.5 speed in a body close to Briscoe's size, might be what the doctor ordered. Assuming he really as something and isn't just a nice story at this point. And yeah, I'm pulling for the kid.

I noticed you didn't mention Hankerson. Which category do you see him in ? Safe, or at risk of getting cut ?

Yeah...about Hank. ;)

Seriously, I totally forgot him, which means I miscounted last year and we kept 7 WR. So maybe we keep just 6 this year? Or maybe several guys are fighting over just one slot cause I think Hank is safe too. In fact, year 3 is usually about when you find out what you have in a WR so he might just have a great year.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.