• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

AP: US poll finds widespread support for Redskins name

Yeah got a full blood Navajo I worked with and asked him about it. Not only does it NOT offend him but guess what NFL team he rabidly cheers for?

I was wondering if Snyder and the PR staff ever thought about sponsoring or donating in some way to a reservation, set up a scholarship, or something related to Indians that may ease some of the pc grandstanding going on?

Yeah got a full blood Navajo I worked with and asked him about it. Not only does it NOT offend him but guess what NFL team he rabidly cheers for?

I was wondering if Snyder and the PR staff ever thought about sponsoring or donating in some way to a reservation, set up a scholarship, or something related to Indians that may ease some of the pc grandstanding going on?
It would be written off as him trying to buy their support.

The gutless attention whores who champion this drivel should be ashamed of themselves for wasting a nanosecond on anything that wouldn't immediately improve the lives of Indians, in any meaningful way.

The gutless attention whores who champion this drivel should be ashamed of themselves for wasting a nanosecond on anything that wouldn't immediately improve the lives of Indians, in any meaningful way.

Robert Griffin III said:
If we speak..we say it the wrong way
If we do not speak we are cowards....

A sad state of affairs.

LHS.jpg

If a high school in a place known as Liberal can have a Redskins name and mascot, then what's the problem?

The disease known as Political Correctness will eventually do this country in unless we stand up and point out bull **** when we see it.

Yeah you're probably right. Meanwhile I'm just hoping all the whores get taken to task with this and every other survey showing how stupid and wrong they are about our team name being offensive.

It would be written off.

It actually was. I interviewed DC Councilman David Grosso yesterday, the guy who authored a resolution demanding that the Redskins change their name and I pointed out to him the Annenburg poll which showed that in 2006 only 9 percent of Native Americans polled found the name offensive when associated with the team.

His response was that even if ten percent found it offensive, even if one percent found it offensive that would be too much. I countered asking if that was a responsible threshhold and if it was possible to find anything that would not offend one percent of some group in the US. He stuck to his guns and I think his heart is in the right place, but his logic isn't.

I don't want the name change and don't believe it should be changed. However, if someone group were honestly offended by it and I can't judge what offends you... I'd probably be okay with a change. That said, if a subgroup of a subgroup is offended... that's not good enough. You will always find unhappy individuals. Look at BGO even after a win or the PA every day of the week.:daisy:

Was looking for a blurb outside of Redskins Nation (Larry's propaganda machine) to see if his interview with Chief Dodson made any headway into mainstream.

Here's my Google results, Check out the timing of the post dates for the videos listed.

Clicked on the "SEE!...." link and didn't find much of anything about Dodson's interview but the change-the-name-crew was well represented.

Never thought that Redskins Nation and Aljazeera would be on my viewing list during the same day.

David Grosso's face offends me...what will he be willing to do to right that?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.