• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Philip Thomas

Most of the comments I've seen about Amerson is that he's not an ideal-press-coverage corner but operates best in off-coverage route jumping and needs to be backed up by a deep safety in cased he gets beaten by a shifty receiver. He also apparently is helped a lot by heavy pressure on the QB forcing the QB into quick decisions which allows him to read the QB's foot and hip placement better-this seems to be how he got so many INTs in 2011-NCSU's QB pressure in 2012 wasn't as good as 2011.

He sounds similar to DeAngelo Hall actually-minus the mouthy bravado.

Every draft pick is a potential bust. Amerson, imo, has a great opportunity to succeed here. Its up to him to take advantage.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

My friend who is an avid NC State fan told me that Amerson gambled too much because he thought he had to last year. State's defense had lost it's pass rush from the year before(when he had all those ints) and he tried to do too much.

Now my friend is sick, he's a Dallas fan, but claims "With your guy Orakpo coming back you guys will have a good rush and he'll help you out big time."

Hope he's right. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.