• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

The Strain is Showing in Ashburn

Sarge

Not looking good

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/jason-reid/the-strain-is-showing-in-ashbu.html

The Strain is Showing in Ashburn
I wonder how much longer things in Ashburn can continue as they have the last few weeks.

There's no other way to put it: The mood at Redskins Park has been downright depressing since the Week 3 loss to the Detroit Lions. Privately, many players have bemoaned the situation, criticizing owner Daniel Snyder for his handling of embattled Coach Jim Zorn. Snyder has been even more demanding of Zorn's time than usual, many who work in the main building have told me, seeking answers about the problems on offense. (I would tend to look at the dearth of talent and depth along the offensive line.) After cornerback Carlos Rogers spoke out the other day, saying management was part of the problem, at least one team leader congratulated him for his candid assessment. Rogers definitely is not alone in being fed up with how the team operates.

Some players, irritated by reporters' questions about Zorn's status, would welcome an announcement from the front office that Zorn is safe for the remainder of the season. (See the story by Rick Maese and Mike Wise.)

Meanwhile, Zorn has trudged along as best he can, players said, but you can see the strain on his face. And it appears the Redskins will be without Pro Bowl left tackle Chris Samuels for the remainder of the season because of a career-threatening neck injury he suffered at the beginning of the 20-17 loss to the Carolina Panthers.

Samuels plans to meet with physicians Tuesday to re-evaluate his injury, but after speaking with league sources the past two days, I expect Samuels to sit out the rest of the season and seriously contemplate retirement.

Stenosis is what made Michael Irvin retire after being hit on that play in Philly.

The diagnosis then was potential paralysis if he was hit there again.

The fact Chris has made it 10 years with that condition is amazing.

As far as the Redskins go, it's there own fault.

Only a complete fool would use the top half of his draft to select receivers when eveyone knows this team had question marks at quarterback and along both lines.

I have heard enough of the 'best player available' BS.

If an oft-injured Malcolm Kelly, Chad Rinehart and JT Tryon were the 'best' players available in 2008 when the Redskins were up to pick the team definitely needs another set of CLEAR eyes in the War Room.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

This just shows what a cluster this organization is. Snyder needs to learn you can't run a football team like a commercial business. In a business you can fire and hire managers whenever. Football requires continuity to be successful.

You would think a successful businessman like Snyder would see the advantage of advance planning. Maybe the mess and lack on depth on the OL will turn the light on.

I said in another thread, the FIRST person fired in the Great danny Bloodletting at Redskins Park was Charlie Casserly. He got whacked about a half an hour before my Mom

Danny later told Casserly he fired the wrong person. What will it take for Danny to realize he still hasn't fired the right person?

Get well soon, Chris. And if this is the end of your career, I thank you from the bottom of my heart. You have been a rare bright spot in the last tumultuous decade of Redskins football.

Get well soon, Chris. And if this is the end of your career, I thank you from the bottom of my heart. You have been a rare bright spot in the last tumultuous decade of Redskins football.

Yeah, this is definitely a sentiment I share. I hope his career is not over, he has definitely been a bright spot for this organization over this difficult period in Redskins' history.

I do have to say one thing and it is kinda like a silver lining type of statement. His absence on gameday could show the importance of having high caliber offensive lineman, especially at the left tackle position, and open some eyes in the front office.

But then again, maybe that is just wishful thinking.

Samuels is the best player the Redskins have had this decade.

He is really the only one I would put in that category with the Redskins from the Allen and Gibbs years.

Portis has the rushing statistics but he is not a positive influence and team leader. As Riggins said, Portis gets his yards but the team suffers for it over time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.