• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Draft Day Tailgate

Also I have grilling equipment but it's small scale. I can't imagine there is any use for it at this kind of tail gate?

You would be surprised. Most of the grills range in size from the tabletop toolbox type grills up to a weber kettle. Grill space is usually at a premium.

Man, really wish I could make it! That whole pig sounds amazing!
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

Hope you guys can make it. This will be my 4th pig roast with Pez. They are soooooo good. The best part are the crispy cracklings you see on the back in that pic. Don't know of Henry or Om remembers but they came with to a tailgate and I forever remember them as the trench coat mafia. Both were wearing full length dusters!

Dammit, Bob! Quit telling everyone about the cracklin's! Don't listen to him...they're not that good :paranoid:

As I posted in the Bourbon thread, I'll be there with the Top Shelf Bourbon bar for any of you that want to Try a sip.

:allhail:

Also I have grilling equipment but it's small scale. I can't imagine there is any use for it at this kind of tail gate?

Bring it. You can never have too much grill equipment at our tailgates.

Hey guys, I am going to be in and out here.... I am doing the best I can coordinating with a lot of people. If someone can help coordinate this thread that would be awesome.

I am working several angles, where I might be able to get some redskins players to come out, and I am working on live broadcasts cycling through different folks like Sports Journey, Son of Washington, Bang and others...

Huly and I are in full overdrive at the moment... LOL

I can help with what you need Chris. Just let me know what I can do in this thread. Thanks for putting together the live reports and feeds - that helps for most of us who can't attend. The plan is to still do our virtual tailgate here and would love to combine it with the live feeds and anything else.

Last edited:
Here's a list of supplies I'll be bringing, since it wont change:
Table
13x13 Canopy
Cornhole set
small weber Charcoal Grill

I'll post back food when I have a concrete list... still trying to figure that part out.

Here's a list of supplies I'll be bringing, since it wont change:
Table
13x13 Canopy
Cornhole set
small weber Charcoal Grill

I'll post back food when I have a concrete list... still trying to figure that part out.

Unless you expect to arrive very late I doubt you'll need a canopy. The solar panels do a wonderful job of blocking rain or sun. Unless space under those gets taken up, hasn't happened in the past, but this year seems bigger so it might, you won't have to worry about one.

Oh I didn't even think about that. I just saw it on the list of supplies and thought - hey, I have one of those.

Thanks.

I don't think I can miss this - Henry, Mark, you in? And Bob, all you gotta do is hop on a plane to Greensboro and we can drive up together :)

I would love to, John, but sadly I am committed to helping out a friend and business partner with an event he is doing that weekend, not to mention it is the weekend of my daughter's first ever ballet recital. To say that I am busy might be a bit of an understatement.

However, one of these days I am going to have to find a way to make a trip up for a Skins event happen (be it Draft Day, Training Camp or an actual Game). Three decades is too long to go without some kind of live interaction with my peeps.

Updated original post...

Folks, please post what you are bringing!

I'm trying to get what we're bringing food wise nailed down. I'm sure I'll bring a bunch of cups/plates/napkins.

I want to do burgers but I actually make real burgers and I'm not sure I want to make 50 burgers :)

Hope you guys can make it. This will be my 4th pig roast with Pez. They are soooooo good. The best part are the crispy cracklings you see on the back in that pic. Don't know of Henry or Om remembers but they came with to a tailgate and I forever remember them as the trench coat mafia. Both were wearing full length dusters!
Hopefully no one has the pics. :paranoid:

Brother Boone, just now seeing this believe it or not. I think I have to work on that Saturday but I'm looking into it...

what's traffic like gettin in & out to this thing?

In my experience for DDPs past, traffic is a non-issue. Of course, I haven't driven on the beltway in over 5 years, so normal beltway traffic applies. :)

In my experience for DDPs past, traffic is a non-issue. Of course, I haven't driven on the beltway in over 5 years, so normal beltway traffic applies. :)

thanks Lanky. I have never been to one of these shindigs.

sounds like fun.

Probably our most popular tailgate of the year. It is a chance for folks from different tailgates/groups to meetup in one place, with no pressure of time or win/loss. Its a day to eat, drink and be merry with your fellow redskin fan brothers and sisters.... oh with live music to boot :)

Can someone help me by getting boots to butts in getting folks to post what they are bringing? It would be very helpful as right now I am coordinating on a bunch of different sites/boards!

Just made up my mind for me!

Anything I can contribute?

There's a list on the front page of stuff they need and a list of what people have already signed up for.

Go over the list and post when you know what you want to bring. Not sure if you've ever been to one of these tailgates, but basically anything goes. You can bring basic supplies or cook up some special treat you love to make.

It's getting close so it's probably time to start posting what we're bringing...

Just made up my mind for me!

Anything I can contribute?

Like lanky said traffic around the stadium is a breeze. Just the normal DC area traffic, which can suck. Nothing like a gameday though.

Bring whatever you make or drink that you think is a specialty. That's the coolest part of these tailgates you get some unique and delicious stuff. Last game last year a guy cooked lamb chops, I have never cared much for lamb, but these things were crazy good.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.