• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

The Work Thread

Yeah, I'm right beside Smokey Bones, thanks for the recommendation. I'll head over there sometime tonight I think.

got really drunk with my boss/coworkers last night at a brewery I used to work for....

and somehow got convinced to have a "stout tasting party" at my place. I have to convince my wife of how this is going to be a good thing...

also:

Dear lady with 2578 pieces of malware on your machine,

YES, YOU SHOULD STOP SURFING THE INTERNET SO MUCH!!

Thanks,

Me

got really drunk with my boss/coworkers last night at a brewery I used to work for....

and somehow got convinced to have a "stout tasting party" at my place. I have to convince my wife of how this is going to be a good thing...

Let me know when you are having it - I will send you a couple bottle of the stouts I just made...

Welp. Been with Lifetouch for 8 years, and just resigned. Sigh. Lots of different reasons, but the biggest is that I have an outstanding opportunity that I will be starting in a few weeks. I hate saying goodbye, for God's sake, I got choked up telling my boss. Sheesh.

Welp. Been with Lifetouch for 8 years, and just resigned. Sigh. Lots of different reasons, but the biggest is that I have an outstanding opportunity that I will be starting in a few weeks. I hate saying goodbye, for God's sake, I got choked up telling my boss. Sheesh.

Congrats! Change is scary but often healthy!

Dear RDP that won't map the local printer...

**** YOU!!!!

I BEAT YOU! I AM SMARTER THAN YOU! YOU CAN'T DO SHIT NOW BUT WHAT I TELL YOU TO DO!!

love,

me =)

Best of success to you, my friend!

So anyway, the job that I had for a little over ninety days was nice. However, the staff here nixed the idea of another ninety days or anything beyond. Yes, it did affect me a bit. Bah. Now I am back to being bored and relying on hobbies. It stinks.

Well, I was told that working from home is an option they are open to and think it is best for me. I don't like the idea, but it is better than the other alternatives. Again, bah. I have no clue of any good jobs that could be done at home. Any ideas?

Ever watch the show "Weeds"? Might be an interesting career move. Good pay, exciting work days, although the benefits may stink, at least at first. As long as you stay out of your own product, you'll have a pretty good profit margin.

Just sayin'.... :)

I work in a warehouse of a printing & sublimation company. Good company, I guess. Up until today, we have been able to pretty much wear whatever we want as far as t-shirts are concerned. Today, we were all given navy blue tees with our name & the company name on the shirt & told from now on, we are to wear these every day. Not a problem really, but I like being able to wear my own shirts.

That said, we do a lot of customer pick-ups for local clientele & today, a customer was waiting for his order & was being helped by one guy when another guy, Joe, walked up & asked the guy if he had been helped. The customer said he had. Joe, thinking the gentleman seemed frustrated, decided to chat the guy up for a minute, just to ease the wait. The customer mentioned the shirts we were all wearing & was asking about them. Then he asked Joe, "What does 'J-O-E' mean?" Without missing a beat, Joe responds, "It's Joe, sir." I know that guy was kicking himself all the back to his shop for asking something so stupid. I was thankful I didn't hear this first hand. I would have had a difficult time containing my laughter in front of the customer.

I have to say, I love my job! More than just having a camera in my hand...the team of which I am a part, is about as good a group of people as I have ever worked beside and I make a decent living. My photographic skills are not challenged much anymore in this salaried position, I can only get so good in this field of photography. With the proper equipment, I can do some amazing things, but it's not for artistic vision that they hired me...it's because I have quality images, and am as good as just about any sales associate we have on the team.

So, I am going to make the effort to hang up the camera and become a real estate agent. It's time to make a move in my life now that I have 2 children and we are likely going to try for another.

I start classes in a couple weeks.

I never thought I would want to be a salesman, but I truly believe I am fit for this industry. After watching some of our team members become successes, there is absolutely no doubt in my mind I can do what 85% of our team does. We have become the largest Keller Williams dealer in the world, based on gross commissions. I want in on that.

Best part, I am going to still be able to do photography...I simply realize, I will never cross a certain threshold financially as a photographer.

Last edited:
Do it, my man! Come to the dark side of sales, muhahahahaha! ; )

I just started a new job mysef selling donor management software to non profs. Very exciting for me as I've wanted to get into software for a while. Great company, great culture. Based in Indy which is a pretty cool city, too.

You get that license and I'll let you be our agent.....promise

Wow, I find it amazing no posts in this thread for almost two years.

Well, after 12 years I find myself unemployed. Got let go first thing this morning. No worries though, I've not been happy at the job, just complacent. Should have gotten out a few years back when I got screwed over by the service manager.

Already have an interview for Monday morning. I'll likely be asking more questions of them, then them of me.

Onward and upward !

Sorry to hear it brother. I know that's got to be rough regardless of the circumstances. But I also know that you are a stand up and talented guy and won't be out of work for long. What's keeping you from going solo? You appear to have mad skills. If I had the chance to do my own thing I would jump at it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.