• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

PFT: Redskins May Go After Talib

I'm going to say it here and say it now.

These so-called "Redskins Insiders" know diddly squat. Point blank, they know diddly squat. Yeah, they had some insider connections with Karl and others, but not with the Shanahans and Allen.

From now on, I will go with my gut instincts, reports from various (informed) sources, and reliable contacts (via credible media sources). The BBQ threads are fun and certainly a challenge, but enough of trying to rely to any degree on these so called insiders.

Buffoons.

Last year, I relied very little on those "insiders" and did ok with the BBQ FA and BBQ Draft threads. It wasn't perfect, but it was better than any of those who proclaim to reside at Redskins Park. In fact, the draft day game that Neo had the last couple of years produced better results. Just saying.

Lesson learned.

Having 'been there', I can tell you neither a fan website nor anyone associated with it is ever going to get 'insider information' on ANYTHING. Once in a blue moon, when I was involved, we might get a tip that 'something' was going to happen, but never anything specific.

It's just myth (or it's a 'perpetuated myth', encouraged by people who want you to believe they know something).

There are 'insiders' on sites, former or even current team employees, or friends of players who may occasionally feed a morsel to the wolves, but those are few and far between.

Having 'been there', I can tell you neither a fan website nor anyone associated with it is ever going to get 'insider information' on ANYTHING. Once in a blue moon, when I was involved, we might get a tip that 'something' was going to happen, but never anything specific.

It's just myth (or it's a 'perpetuated myth', encouraged by people who want you to believe they know something).

There are 'insiders' on sites, former or even current team employees, or friends of players who may occasionally feed a morsel to the wolves, but those are few and far between.

I always wondered if this were more the case. The rate of inaccuracy has been high enough to show the reality. Honestly, seems like a pathetic ego boost attempt from those so-called insiders to me (and a risky one to boot!)

True insiders know to keep their mouths shut. It's why they are insiders.

True insiders know to keep their mouths shut. It's why they are insiders.

That about sums it up! The "insiders" over there have 2nd-degree connections at best, and stumble across a gem every once in awhile. I remember they were hot and heavy about us trading up for Blaine Gabbert, and instead the traded down and took Kerrigan.

hmmmm...seems to me this is a rehash of an age old problem: trustworthy sources.

Perhaps. Or maybe the problem is with a consumer base that should know better by now.

Sorry, guess I'm just a grump this morning.

I believe we are getting him and that it will happen within 24 hours.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

Chalk this one up as a fail.

This one is depressing. First, I'd like to thank the Academy. Secondly, I'd like to say **** Mara!

I've been offline for a few days, but not getting Talib just absolutely sucks.

I wouldn't be too depressed about it - he had a good year last year, but its not like he was a shutdown CB. Pats had a pretty horrific pass defense last year; only one slot above us.

I wouldn't be too depressed about it - he had a good year last year, but its not like he was a shutdown CB. Pats had a pretty horrific pass defense last year; only one slot above us.

I believe I watched every one of his games last year, for FF reasons.

I'd definitely say he was a shutdown CB. A dream CB from what I saw.

I'm even more pissed because this would have allowed us to focus on other positions in the 2nd and 3rd rounds.

Now I just have to hope that Minnifield comes on big time.

Well, with the signings of Pashos and Trueblood I think the team is channeling that RT will not be among the first couple of picks and that the team is likely to focus on CB, S or even TE if Davis is not resigned.

Yeah Lanky, not only does Talib seem to have the instincts to shut down WR's, he has the speed and more importantly in this day of Calvin Johnson, Andre Johnson...big receivers, he is a big CB. We need someone bigger than Josh Wilson as our (so-called) #1 CB. I just hope Chase Minnifield is recovered because he has the size and has proven at the college level to have the speed and instincts...not that he's ready to be a #1 at this point.

Don't get me wrong, he would have been an instant upgrade - but if he was THAT valuable of a CB, he'd have garnered more interest than he did, off-field issues or not.

Talib is a good player, but there was a reason he was dealt for a fourth round pick. Teams just don't want to commit to him for more tha 1 or 2 years. He wants a 5 year deal with $20M plus guaranteed. He didn't get that this time an my guess is he might not in 2014 either.

Well, with the signings of Pashos and Trueblood I think the team is channeling that RT will not be among the first couple of picks and that the team is likely to focus on CB, S or even TE if Davis is not resigned.

agree...I guess the concept is that if they can merge the two in a fly like transporter they can deliver at least one whole player.

Talib is a good player, but there was a reason he was dealt for a fourth round pick. Teams just don't want to commit to him for more tha 1 or 2 years. He wants a 5 year deal with $20M plus guaranteed. He didn't get that this time an my guess is he might not in 2014 either.

Right, but if he was a true shutdown CB, there should be no shortage of teams that want to give him a one or two-year deal.

To be fair, no one really got that kind of guaranteed money at that position.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.