• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

PFT: Redskins May Go After Talib

Maybe if we offered him a "Get Out Of Jail Free" card.

Or we could get a 5 year amnesty card.

You know, just in case.

Our strategy this year is the same as NE's every year, except that our's is bourne of necessity. This year, there were a few big name, high profile guys that teams spent huge money on in the first couple of days. The thing is, defensive backs are particularly deep in FA this year, and we should be able to get a steal on a couple of guys in we're willing to wait. The longer we wait, the more desperate some of these players are going to get, and the more their price will drop.

The talent differential between the guys at the top and the guys I'm talking about isn't that big. Look at safety. Bernard Pollard is available, and probably will be in a week. The guy isn't the best in coverage, but is incredibly good in run support, and brings a mean streak to the defense. In a week, we may be able to get him for 2 years, $5M or so, if Bruce and Mike want him. There are still servicable corners out there, placeholders for a year or two while we draft their eventual replacements and groom them, and we can get them in a week or two for little money.

Talib would be nice, but we got by last year with average corner play. If we upgrade to slightly above average, and then supplement through the draft, we could have a very nice off season.

We didn't get by, we were pummeled in the secondary. Just flat out pummeled.

Anyway...

I hope that we are not structuring a contract for NE. Shanahan and Allen need to use their persuasive acumen and convince young Talib that we do our own bidding. Typical Belicheat if it happens.

We didn't get by, we were pummeled in the secondary. Just flat out pummeled.

That's fair. I also will add that we did manage to win a division title and make the playoffs with a bad secondary. Also, our secondary wasn't what kept us from advancing against the Seahags.

Hopefully Morris is a big draw for Talib, but then again, he got in trouble while under Raheem's tutelage, so....
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

Yeah i don't see how we can afford him without some major restructuring going down. As much as i would love to have a stud corner i just think it would be better to bargain shop in FA. That and make the scouting staff earn their pay this year wrt secondary.

If possible this seems to be a prime year for multiple trade downs again and stocling up on 3rd and 4th rounders to develop.

This seems like a no-brainer.
He's expected to demand big bucks, and even if we can afford him it's just barely.
In addition he comes with baggage. The type of baggage that has ruined big-money Redskin signings in the past.
Sounds like deja vu, all over again, yet another time again.

No freakin thanks.

the only reason we 'got by' last season was that we surprised the NFL with an offense they didn't expect to work with high ceiling rookies in Griffin and Morris that no one had NFL tape on to plan for.

in a season where the offense may not be as productive to start as 2012 due to Griffin's injury and the rehab process for Garcon, Morgan, etc. we need to allocate whatever resources we do have to the other side of the ball.

Yes, the #2 and #3 picks can be used for defense and may net us a starter and perhaps a role contributor in Year 1.

But with Josh Wilson being less than a #1 corner, we need to find someone to be the guy we put on productive outside receivers, especially with all 3 other NFC East teams having good WRs.

Last edited:
I wonder if a team like Atlanta or the Broncos could be looking at Talib and that has muddied the waters a bit. Green Bay is also a team that needs help in the secondary, but they usually don't take chances on guys with a checkered past off the field.

I'm going to say it here and say it now.

These so-called "Redskins Insiders" know diddly squat. Point blank, they know diddly squat. Yeah, they had some insider connections with Karl and others, but not with the Shanahans and Allen.

From now on, I will go with my gut instincts, reports from various (informed) sources, and reliable contacts (via credible media sources). The BBQ threads are fun and certainly a challenge, but enough of trying to rely to any degree on these so called insiders.

Buffoons.

Last year, I relied very little on those "insiders" and did ok with the BBQ FA and BBQ Draft threads. It wasn't perfect, but it was better than any of those who proclaim to reside at Redskins Park. In fact, the draft day game that Neo had the last couple of years produced better results. Just saying.

Lesson learned.

Yeah we're too effed up financially to grab a top tier position this yr thanks to that pig ****ing Mara and his life partner Rodge.

I'm okay with the team/FO using every available resource with the draft this season, and actually prefer it. Also a realist and know every team tier isn't gonna get fixed this offseason either.

My fingers are def crossed there's a bunch of teams wanting to jump back into the bottom of the 2nd rd this April so we can aquire bookoo 3rds and such.

Time to target Antoine Winfield if he's willing to play for a team that is not quite on the brink of a Super Bowl.

He's solid still near the line of scrimmage in terms of busting up running plays. Additionally, his cover skills are still fairly decent and not that big of a downgrade compared to DeAngelo's.

He can bring some solid intangibles to the defensive backfield, including leadership, and provide some solid tutelage for the likes of Richard Crawford and any other corners that we hopefully target in the draft.

For a short term stop-gap, I think Antoine should be near the top of our list at this point.

These so-called "Redskins Insiders" know diddly squat. .

They know as much as me or you or any talking head on the Pre game shows.

All that is is a way for them to purport themselves as "cooler" fans than the rest of us.

LOL...whatever......

They know as much as me or you or any talking head on the Pre game shows.

All that is is a way for them to purport themselves as "cooler" fans than the rest of us.

LOL...whatever......

I guess so. If they are "cooler", then so be it. I don't really care one way or the other.

The days of Andyman are gone and that is probably a good thing.

Are you guys referring to the other site's "insiders"?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.