• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Sign Winston At RT

I posted in BB's thread also, but Andrew Brandt had an interesting tweet yesterday. Can't find it, but essentially he said when he was with the Packers, their strategy was to let everyone else spend the crazy dollars on the first day or two of free agency, and then sift through the rest to find good fits. Better bargains that way...

I think that's our plan at CB.

Other than that I don't know.

Pashos is better than Black or Polumbus if he is back to 100 percent.

For one year the the team is going to have to hope its personnel dept is good enough to find contributors in other than prime free agent and top 5 draft picks.

I don't think this challenge is insurmountable.

One move I go back to is the 2012 signing of Josh Morgan on the heels of 40M for Garcon, wondering if we should have made a second expensive WR move with the implications of the two year penalty.

That additional 3-4M would be nice to have right now to find a corner.

Man you just CANNOT let the Morgan signing go, can you? :)

We could just cut him now if he was that terrible, you know.

I think Morgan was a damn valuable asset down the stretch. He was tough, showed good hands, appeared to run good routes, and ran like a maniac after the catch. I like what he brings to the table, and I got the clear impression the young stud QB does too.

Plus to hear Doc Walker tell it, DC still hasn't seen the real Morgan yet. Coming off the injury, he doesn't believe Josh was full speed, and has a kind of "wait 'til you see this kid next year" twinkle in his voice when he talks about him.

Assuming voices can twinkle.

Great OM.

So we have a Pearl Harbor crew quality secondary but are pretty sure Morgan will have a very productive contract season in 2013.

Just in time for him to shop himself next March.

My point was not that Morgan has no value on the team, merely that with limited resources you can't focus too much on one spot, you need to share the wealth so to speak.

I think the Redskins with Griffin, Morris and Garçon healthy can be a productive offense.

Morgan is a 'nice to have'.

Meanwhile a new starting corner is a MUST HAVE.

They signed Morgan last year BT. In the hours after the cap hit came down and they were unaware how it would play out. WR was a position of need and they filled it aggressively.

And Morgan has done well...certainly better than I believe you are willing to acknowledge?

Time to stop pointing to that move every time there's an evolving need to upgrade elsewhere. Particularly since when they signed him no one except Mara and the Ginger knew the full truth about what they were doing to the Skins financially.

Great OM.

So we have a Pearl Harbor crew quality secondary but are pretty sure Morgan will have a very productive contract season in 2013.

Just in time for him to shop himself next March.

My point was not that Morgan has no value on the team, merely that with limited resources you can't focus too much on one spot, you need to share the wealth so to speak.

I think the Redskins with Griffin, Morris and Garçon healthy can be a productive offense.

Morgan is a 'nice to have'.

Meanwhile a new starting corner is a MUST HAVE.

I think the coaches were seriously considering cutting Moss until he came back in with a great attitude and in the best shape he's been in in years. I see that as the major reason we signed Morgan and would have signed (was it) Avery as well? Moss was a goner, he made it impossible for them to cut him and had a productive year to boot. In addition, I don't think they ever felt the full $36mil was gonna stick. :puke:

Last edited:
I think the coaches were seriously considering cutting Moss until he came back in with a great attitude and in the best shape he's been in in years. I see that as the major reason we signed Morgan and would have singed (was it) Avery as well? Moss was a goner, he made it impossible for them to cut him and had a productive year to boot. In addition, I don't think they ever felt the full $36mil was gonna stick. :puke:

Eddie Royal, right? We supposedly had him all but locked up. Did he end up in San Diego? I didn't hear ANYTHING from him last year.

Eddie Royal, right? We supposedly had him all but locked up. Did he end up in San Diego? I didn't hear ANYTHING from him last year.

He had 23 receptions and was 6th in receptions on his team...

Oh snap... My bad. Yeah Royal not Avery. I didn't think either of them did squat last season. Avery had a decent season but only 3 scores.

Avery 60/781 3tds
Royal 23/234 1td

Moss 41/573 8tds

Yeah I think it turned out to be a good decision. 8 friggin tds. I'm glad we kept him around I think with Davis and Moss in this offense together, we might see magic.

Royal not signing with Washington was a blessing in disguise.

I still think with an $18M cap penalty over 2 years, the Redskins were really tempting Providence to go into free agency last year and try to land THREE wide receivers in the first 48 hours in Garcon, Morgan AND Royal.

You have to spread the wealth with the limited budget.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.