• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Redskins Round Table Introduction

Should Jim Zorn be fired now or later? Here are the responses from Dan Steinberg of The Washington Post, John Keim of The Washington Examiner, John Pappas of Warpath Confidential, Rich Tandler of RealRedskins.com, Thomas Threlkeld [Spence] of DC Pro Sports Report, and Boone, Sarge and Yusuf of Burgundy and Gold Obsession. We're going to try to do this sort of thing more often so we hope you enjoy it.

Read it now.

This is very impressive-yeah, I know these guys from being here ( a few from being elsewhere as well:)), but I like the roundtable format-different perspectives on a single pertinent question from people whose judgement and insights I have come to respect. Well done.:thumbsup:

Great work. I read the discussion and everything is well said. Just wonder what or who can get through to Snyder so maybe he will see it as well. Is he in denial? Guess when get to be so successful at an early age your ego sometimes gets in the way. You would think at some point all this talk about a strong GM would sink in.

Hey,
did you guys get my comments?
I sent them out via PM yesterday morning......

Let me know if you need me to send them via email.

Love the roundtable, keep the topics coming.

Here's what I wrote:

No.
If it was just bad choices and bad playcalling made by Zorn, then I'd say yes. Right now this organization has a multitude of problems and many of them don't revolve around the coach. Firing the coach won't solve any of them at least this season.

Also, if Zorn is fired who would become the head coach? Danny Smith? Jerry Gray? Joe Bugel? Does anybody think that having Sherm Lewis (who hasn't coached since 2004) take over the playcalling will radically make this team better?

Also, one has to consider this. What if the Skins turn it around with the interim coach? Then what is Snyder to do? Fire a guy who was winning to bring in the big name or keep the assistant who has been coaching very average to mediocre teams but is on a winning streak?

Best bet is to stick with Zorn and let this year play out as we hope to rebuild with a new coach in 2010.

-Al

You too Sarge. I had almost forgotten how funny you can be. My hat, 'er bag is off to you sir. :anonymous:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.