• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

tablet viewing

Dead Money

, Mike Wise HATE'r
Reaction score
Bought a tablet recently running android 4.1.2 and using chrome for mobile browser. Entering the site it didn't recognize that I was on a mobile device. I didnt mind that because the tablet is big enough to view the full site on. No real issues except for the floating shortcutbar that contains chat links on it. It lags when floating to the bottom of the page and hangs up in the middle of the page sometimes. Just thought I'd share. Keep up the good work,!!!

Thanks, DM.

One of the biggest aspects of the upgrade we're working on is brining BGO current on mobile and tablets. Amazing how in just a couple years that's gone from a cool add-on feature on message board sites to a staple. We'll probably be talking mind-meld apps when we get around to our next upgrade in, oh ... a couple years. :paranoid:

I ponied up for the tapatalk app which makes my android phone more than adequate. I could use that on the tablet too, but its big enough to enjoy the site as is except for the hiccup above and flash of course.

I designed/managed a few websites in the late 90's up through around '04. Hats off to anyone who deals with it today. I thought technology was moving fast then... its moving 100 times faster now.

Amazing how advanced you are in comparison to certain "other" forum sites already, you should be proud!

We're upgrading our chat software as well as the site itself. The main reason is so that folks can use chat and especially so they can join us on gamedays via phone or tablet. That may resolve the issue of the chatbar being stuck to the middle of the page. If it doesn't, I'll get cometchat support on it. They have great service and I'm sure we can figure it out.

And yeah, there are so many options technologically, it's hard to keep up with it all at times, no doubt :)

I'm trying to use a new Android tablet and when I hit the gray area chat icon that recently appeared on the bottom of the screen, I get....
Mobile webapp extension is not configured. Please ask your admin to configure it through CometChat Administration Panel.

What is the suggested approach to remedy?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.