• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

What to do when you come off the waiting list, but can't buy tickets ?

Fear The Spear

The Legend
Reaction score
So I put myself on the Skins season ticket waiting list years ago, and recently got an email advising that I am now eligible to buy tickets. But I no longer live in the DC area, so it's not feasible for me. Can I transfer my place to someone else who would like to take my place ? To take it a step further, could I sell my place to someone willing to pay for it, or would that be illegal or unethical ?

Second question - what if I do nothing at all - does my eligibility expire after a certain period of time ? Like if I'm able to buy season tickets like 2 years or more, from now, is that too late, and would I have to start all over on the waiting list, or does my eligibility still remain ?

I don't know if you can transfer it/sell it. You can only transfer tickets to immediate family members so I'm not sure how you could transfer your waiting position.

I don't think selling it is illegal, and screw ethics in this situation, but again I don't see how you could do it.

The only way you could do it is if you bought them then resold them, which is a risk. You could get someone to pay you up front, that's what I'm going to do with a buddy of mine.

As for your second question...

Nothing will happen. You'll get the same email/letter/phone call next year; and the next year; and the year after that; and probably every year until you feel a need to angrily tell them to stop contacting you regarding the tickets.

The season ticket waiting list is a myth. Majority of the people on the list have already been offered tickets and declined, and they still continue to be offered tickets. My coworker got his today, for the 3rd year in a row, and is going to decline them, for the 3rd year in the a row.

It's nothing more than a marketing list at this point. Sad, but true.

You'll get the same email/letter/phone call next year

I concur with this. I received my first email 3 off-seasons ago. Like many, I've been hit hard during this recession and can't afford this luxury. Maybe next year...

The season ticket waiting list is a myth. Majority of the people on the list have already been offered tickets and declined, and they still continue to be offered tickets. My coworker got his today, for the 3rd year in a row, and is going to decline them, for the 3rd year in the a row.

It's nothing more than a marketing list at this point. Sad, but true.

So, you're saying it's over-rated, and not really that hard to make it through the waiting list ?

So, you're saying it's over-rated, and not really that hard to make it through the waiting list ?
No. It's not. If the season ticket waiting list was anything the team proclaims it to be then I wouldn't know a handful of people getting this every year for years after declining every year. I also wouldn't see as many people on the Internet doing it either.

We also wouldn't have so many seats being sold to ticket brokers.

I wouldn't have received a seat upgrade from the upper level of the upper deck to lower level sidelines in one year. I wouldn't be begged to add more seats to my account every off season.

They wouldn't have ripped tens of thousands of seats out of the stadium a few years ago.

Agree with tshile. I gave up my season tickets. Thrilled to finally get them. But the stadium experience sucks (sorry, but between drunken douchbag fans and the traffic, just doesn't compare to watching from the comfort of home). Not saying it's not exciting, but it's not worth it on a game by game basis. Just my personal opinion. Glad not everyone feels that way though :)

Are you referring to the Redskin fans, or the visiting fans ?

Both. It's especially bad for primetime games.

To be honest this past year was better people-wise than it's been in a long, long time. The general fan intelligence was much higher, El and I have discussed it in other threads throughout the season. I imagine the team being a contender for, and eventually winning, the division had a lot to do with it.

As the team gets better the actuals season ticket holders start going to the games again (instead of selling them), the price for games on the 'after-market' goes up so the type of people you get improves (yeah, sounds assholish but for the most part it's true. to be fair you have the wine and cheese asshats at the other end that suck equally as much), the number of opposing fans that shows up goes down (which helps with overall animosity levels), and people are generally in a better mood at the game.

There's just entirely too much alcohol at the games; to be fair I used to be among those people that got trashed and caused more trouble than I was worth. About 4-5 years ago I decided to grow up and actually go to enjoy the football, not make it an excuse to act like a college kid again.

Unfortunately, some of both. It's been 6 years plus since I gave mine up, but one of the issues I had was the total absence of a family-friendly environment at FedEx. I would not recommend anyone take their young kids to a Redskins game Btw, I just got a 'we want you back' email from the Redskins asking me to buy season tickets again 6 years removed from giving them up. Some 'waiting list'...

Unfortunately, some of both. It's been 6 years plus since I gave mine up, but one of the issues I had was the total absence of a family-friendly environment at FedEx. I would not recommend anyone take their young kids to a Redskins game Btw, I just got a 'we want you back' email from the Redskins asking me to buy season tickets again 6 years removed from giving them up. Some 'waiting list'...

As I said in my other post, last year was actually pretty nice. We had some people in our section bring their 5 kids quite a few times. There's still the drunk and cussing element - and every parent has to decide how they feel about that - but last year was a monumental step in the right direction for the stadium experience. I can count on one hand the number of issues we saw last year, which his pretty good.

I don't know how much of that has to do with moving down to the lower level, but in general I've heard good things from most people about their stadium experiences as well.

1 year does not make up for, or cancel out, the going-on 14 year history of that stadium, but I can't lie I'm excited and hopeful that the 2013 season will bring a still-better crowd.

I think lower level has a huge degree of impact - that's what I hear anyway...

I don't know the specific story but yes the redskins reserve the right to do such a thing.

I find it a joke of a policy considering they partnered with and advertised Stub Hub to sell tickets which could cause that problem. They now actively push the NFL's ticket exchange and have enabled you to sell your tickets through the redskins.com account management.

Tailgating has a lot to do with it. There's quite a few people every game that don't even make it into the stadium...

Tailgating has a lot to do with it. There's quite a few people every game that don't even make it into the stadium...

It's a conspiracy by the other teams' fans.
When Skins fans tailgate with opposing "friendly" fans, the other guys are offering excessive free drinks to our fans, and roofies as well, so we pass out before the game even starts - thus severely hampering the "12th Man"

LESSON : Don't party with opposing fans in the tailgate......or even get close enough to them, that they have close access to your alcohol stash.

Can definitely agree with the drinking. I seem to always have more problems with our own fans than I do with opposing fans.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.