Post of the Year Post of the Year:  0
    BGObsessed
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Lates NFL mock draft news and Redsdkins projections

http://dcprosportsreport.com/2009/10...ojections.html

Mock NFL Draft sites smartened up and realized, don't project the Redskins to take offensive line, because they don't know how to do that. Instead, most are projecting a QB, which fits the excitement Dan Snyder needs. He'll just get pumelled because we have no Line.
    0 0 0 0

Covering the 'Skins, Nats, Wizards, and Caps

http://www.dcprosportsreport.com

BGObsessed
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Air Force

We're going to need a QB afer this season. JC wil be run out of town and IMO be lucky to be a backup on some other team.

Unfortunately, after years of neglect, we need as many linemen as we can get. So once again I'll call for us to trade down and get them. We need a RT, maybe a RG if Williams doesn't work out and a developmental player for Samuels

I think we need to pick up a serviceable vet QB that will last a couple of years and allow the mostly rookie line to jell
    0 0 0 0

Formerly known as ...............Sarge

BGObsessed
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    We're going to need a QB afer this season. JC wil be run out of town and IMO be lucky to be a backup on some other team.

Unfortunately, after years of neglect, we need as many linemen as we can get. So once again I'll call for us to trade down and get them. We need a RT, maybe a RG if Williams doesn't work out and a developmental player for Samuels

I think we need to pick up a serviceable vet QB that will last a couple of years and allow the mostly rookie line to jell
    I agree Sarge. This is a pretty decent QB crop, but without a major redevelopment of the offensive line, all you get is a QB with high expectations that will be nothing more than a sitting suck. I bet they go QB though, because that is the sexy move to do.
    0 0 0 0

Covering the 'Skins, Nats, Wizards, and Caps

http://www.dcprosportsreport.com

BGObsessed
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Air Force

Quote Originally Posted by PennSkinsfan View Post
    I agree Sarge. This is a pretty decent QB crop, but without a major redevelopment of the offensive line, all you get is a QB with high expectations that will be nothing more than a sitting suck. I bet they go QB though, because that is the sexy move to do.

And he'll get killed. And blamed for the team sucking. And run out of town. Lather, rinse, repeat
    0 0 0 0

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Blog Entries

Yeah, with the recent success of rookie QB's (Cutler 4 years ago, Ryan and Flacco last year, and Sanchez this year) I have little doubt this team will go QB early with the expectation that doing so will fix all our problems. People forget that in all the cases I mentioned, the teams had established, solid lines for those QBs to work behind. They also had at least solid, if not dominate, running games to take the pressure off those rookies. The Redskins have neither at this time.
    0 0 0 0

Subscribe to our BGO Mailing List

hailus redskinnus
    COYS

BGObsessed
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Air Force

I'd venture to say JC would be a servicable QB behind the Hogs of old. Not great, but good along the lines of Rypien. Now we'll never know
    0 0 0 0

Vescere bracis meis

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    VCU

That's been a point I've made one several occasions. Ryp never had Hall of Fame talent. Jason has almost the exact same set of skills he had. The difference in the teams of course is the O-line (and the D line and the WRs and the RBs, ect, ect). If I remember right Ryp was only sacked 6 or 7 times that whole season, and he wasn't exactly the most mobile guy. A real running game would help too.

We'll definitely go QB in the 1st.
    0 0 0 0

A cynic is a man who, when he smells flowers, looks around for a coffin.
    H. L. Mencken

BGObsessed
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Blog Entries
    Navy Salisbury

Wink

No Tebow?

surprising (j/k)
    0 0 0 0

Formerly known as Walking Deadman

BGObsessed
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Air Force

Quote Originally Posted by Hog Fever View Post
    That's been a point I've made one several occasions. Ryp never had Hall of Fame talent. Jason has almost the exact same set of skills he had. The difference in the teams of course is the O-line (and the D line and the WRs and the RBs, ect, ect). If I remember right Ryp was only sacked 6 or 7 times that whole season, and he wasn't exactly the most mobile guy. A real running game would help too.

We'll definitely go QB in the 1st.
    If we do that with our number one, then we need to have a firesale of vets and see what picks we can pick up by trading away the vets that are actually good and like to play football
    0 0 0 0

Vescere bracis meis

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    VCU

That plan is probably way over due. If it's time to rebuild, and it seems to be, then we need to commit to it and do it right.

Never gonna happen.
    0 0 0 0

A cynic is a man who, when he smells flowers, looks around for a coffin.
    H. L. Mencken

BGObsessed
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Air Force

But he's cool Mike! He's really, REALLY coooooool.

And tough

And pretty, so he can sell jerseys
    0 0 0 0

2016 BGO Survivor Champ

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Florida State

I keep hearing the Rypien/Campbell comparison and I am not buying it. Rypien had a great O-line, yes! But to compare him to Campbell is ludicrous.

Mark Rypien was a two time Pro Bowler and a SB MVP!. Campbell could never accomplish this! I don't care how good the O-line is.
    0 0 0 0

The more things change...the more they stay the same. It's like deja vu all over again.

BGObsessed
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Air Force

Probably not. But Rypien, as much as I liked him, stunk it up the first two seasons he played. He fumbled everytime the wind blew. In fact, if I remember correctly, his fumbles costs us a playoff game against Minn in 89 or 90. So he had his issues. Not as many as Campbell, but he had them
    0 0 0 0

BGObsessed
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Michigan State

Re-sign Chase Daniel - he was released by the Saints. Let Brennan and Daniel battle it out next year while you draft offensive line. If they get pummeled and/or don't do well, at least they got their shot (and it didn't cost much as they were low round selections), you got an offensive lineman and can draft a QB and another O-lineman the next year. You end up with with a better O-line in place to protect your QB, especially if you supplement the draft with free agency.

Unfortunately I think Sarge is right. Dan will make the sexy QB pick, he'll get killed behind a crappy O-line, the Redskins will suck for a couple more years then we'll get another coach and another QB...lather, rinse, repeat. It's a shame, you'd think someone like Snyder who grew up a fan of the Redskins with the Hogs would understand the value of having a good O-line.
    0 0 0 0

Face piles of trials with smiles. It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.

BGObsessed
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Blog Entries
    Navy Salisbury

At this point,
    The Redskins are going to be around #5 (my projection) in the 2010 draft,
    I'd like to see the Skins either take the best OT at this spot or trade back and try to get some extra picks and build the interior O-line ( guard and center or a RT).

I'd love to see the Skins focus on the O-line with the 1st and 2nd rounders.
    3rd rounder is Jarmon.
    4th rounder either a RB or DT
    0 0 0 0

Formerly known as Walking Deadman

BGObsessed
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by China View Post
    Re-sign Chase Daniel - he was released by the Saints. Let Brennan and Daniel battle it out next year while you draft offensive line. If they get pummeled and/or don't do well, at least they got their shot (and it didn't cost much as they were low round selections), you got an offensive lineman and can draft a QB and another O-lineman the next year. You end up with with a better O-line in place to protect your QB, especially if you supplement the draft with free agency.
    it's definitely all about the lines. the first two picks should be OL and then OL/DT. there are so many holes on this team right now, but a strong OL makes average QB's and RB's much better. ditto a strong DL withaverage LB's and DB's.

with what we have this year on the OL, it'd be great to trade down, pick up an extra 2nd and/or 3rd and use all the picks in the first three rounds on the lines.

makes too much sense for our brain-trust to actually do, though.
    0 0 0 0