• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

My Fellow Four-Eyed Nerds, I Am In Need Of Assistance

Nobody

Super Bowl MVP
Reaction score
Military Branch
Army
I am cheap. Big shocker, I know, but calm down a second. My vision sucks. I'm practically blind. Not like things are kinda blurry at a distance blind, more like if I take my glasses off I'd bump into myself blind. My vision is 20/120 in one eye, 20/140 in the other. As a result, my prescriptions are thicker than my skull.

Because of this, buying eyeglasses at places like Pearle or LensCrafters is out of the question, because they inevitably charge upwards of $400 for the cheap crap. So I have to go online and punch in my information to order some.

For the past few years, I have used 39dollarglasses.com. When I first started using them, I was impressed. They were very cheap, and they worked just fine. Over the years though, the quality has diminished greatly. Now, the anti-scratch coating peels off, sweat eats through the arms, they're just total garbage.

My question is, do any of you guys buy your prescription glasses online? Who do you use or recommend? I see a bunch of sites that advertise $9.99 and up. That is the opposite of what I'm looking for, I want something that will last more than a few months. My budget is no more than $150.

I would actually prefer to get both. I am constantly working on cars, the house, etc. and nothing is more irritating than wearing glasses and having them slide off your face from the sweat. For those times, and in certain other situations like amusement parks, boats, etc. contacts would be ideal.

I noticed that when I read ingredients on small containers of food, that I am having a harder and harder time making out the ingredients. I don't know if it's the result of my vision getting worse, as I get older, or the result of them printing smaller print on food labels.
Does anyone else feel that the print is getting smaller ? Or is it my eyesight ?

The print is definitely getting smaller, but you should still be able to read it. If you're having problems, start by picking up a $4 pair of reading glasses from Walmart or Target and see if that helps. that's as far as a lot of people need to go with it.

Been in glasses or contacts since I was 12. My vision is around 20/200...NOT a typo!
I recommend America's Best Contacts & Eyeglasses. Check 'em out. I've always joined the eyecare plan, it's a good deal.

Both of my parents need glasses, and both got them around my age (my pops a little earlier). I haven't noticed my eyesight deteriorating yet, but I'm pretty sure its coming. Especially staring at a dang computer screen all day, 5 days a week. Ugh.

Both of my parents need glasses, and both got them around my age (my pops a little earlier). I haven't noticed my eyesight deteriorating yet, but I'm pretty sure its coming. Especially staring at a dang computer screen all day, 5 days a week. Ugh.
You could just have the same issue a lot of people have that don't wear glasses - you could think your vision s fine, or great even, and find out it's a lot worse than you would have imagined. My wife's line was, "I don't need an eye exam, my vision is perfect. I see everything fine." Then she walked out of the optometrist with a prescription for her "fine" ****ty vision :laugh: And it wasn't just slightly bad, it was moderately bad.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.