• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Grant Paulsen Twitter: Trent Williams involved in altercation last night

I just spit my dinner on my screen. Thanks! Glad he didn't get seriously injured or "sent home" like some other report said. I still think he's a knucklehead but just a little bit less now.

Mmm hmmmm...was it a nice CROW PIE, perhaps? :)
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

You're not funny and your ginger beard is just like the 30 hipsters I see in Santa Monica every day! :D

Last edited:
So he was just standing there and got assaulted? It's possible but color me skeptical.

You're not funny and your ginger beard is just like the 30 hipsters I seen in Santa Monica every day! :D

:rotflmao: But Lanky's had his for years! ;)

So he was just standing there and got assaulted? It's possible but color me skeptical.

I doubt he was just standing there, twiddling his thumbs, and someone just walked up and assaulted him for no reason. The point is that he was not the aggressor. We have no idea what the circumstances were or anything, maybe it was a perceived slight? You spent some time out there in Hawaii, didn't you? I don't know how it was when you were there, but when I was there, tensions could escalate very quickly. Especially if there were marines or locals present. I doubt we'll ever get the full scoop, but it seems like he was definitely NOT the aggressor - I just don't see why people are LOOKING for fault when there isn't any.

And I'm one of the biggest "just walk away, be the bigger man" advocates out there.

You're not funny and your ginger beard is just like the 30 hipsters I seen in Santa Monica every day! :D

:rotflmao: But Lanky's had his for years! ;)

#Trendsetta

Goddamn right! If a ginger beard is good enough for Chuck Norris, its good enough for me!

FAir enough. But I'll stand by my prediction that trouble will continue to 'follow' this guy.

FAir enough. But I'll stand by my prediction that trouble will continue to 'follow' this guy.

So would you pull the trigger on signing one of the best LT's in the game, Jake Long, in the FA and move this powder keg over to RT?

I worked many a club in NW DC back in the early 70's.

Fights can and do pop-up for apparently no reason at all to the outsider.

All we could do was break it up and get the guys out of the club but if blood was drawn we had to call the cops.

If we could get a reason out of the group, it usually was about what Lanky said, some perceived slight that made no sense at all to us.

One night I was holding a towel to a guy's face who took the wrong end of a broken brandy snifter and he had no idea what he did to deserve it.

We found that a middle eastern guy took some 'offense' and without warning broke the glass and went at it. We could only figure a motivating cultural difference and the offender enjoyed diplomatic immunity so the cops could only ask the guy to leave and not come back.

I say cut Trent some slack, especially since we do not have all of the facts. There are actually guys out there looking for trouble, they have no qualms about demonstrating their manhood by picking out the biggest and baddest dude in the place and using any excuse to have at it.

*Quietly wonders if the people assuming Trent did something to "deserve" this were the same people who assumed ST was doing something dumb when he was shot.*

Name me another left tackle out of the 32 in this league that has had any issues? I can't think of any that were labeled as lazy coming out of college, got busted for pot and suspended for 4 games, fined for bitch slapping an opponent after a loss, and then cracked over the head with a champagne bottle at the probowl 2 weeks later.

If that's not enough to be disappointed in the guy.... I'm just sayin.

*Quietly wonders if the people assuming Trent did something to "deserve" this were the same people who assumed ST was doing something dumb when he was shot.*

Trent Williams has done plenty to impugn his own character. PLENTY. You and others think he deserves the benefit of the doubt? Great. I don't. At the very least, Williams, who already has a history of hurting the team with poor judgment and drug use, is out late in bars. Is it his fault he got hit? Maybe, maybe not. Has Williams learned from his past mistakes like Taylor did? We can hope so. But I'll believe it when I see it. And I'll be nice enough not to shove it in your all's faces the next time he screws up :)

does it have to be limited to left tackle? I mean, if you want to break things down like that we can say "name another MikeSr who's done...." but if you want to say OL there are plenty out there.

Robert Gallery comes to mind first and foremost.
Tony Mandarich
Jason Smith of the Rams/Jets
Mike Williams
Michael Oher was moved from the "blind side" to RT in only a few short years of playing.

Every single one of these players is worse than Trent has ever been. He wasnt called lazy once this season, he wasnt busted for drugs once this season, and I dont blame him for mooshing Sherman in the face. He was man enough to apologize for it afterwards. But if we cant move past his "label from college" this kid will never get a fair shot.

Weak list dude... Very weak. He's a decent player, which nobody on your list apparently is/was at left tackle in the NFL.

Beyond the obvious at QB...the left tackle is your franchise Mike that's why I didn't expand it past LT. On top of that he's a captain, (laughable) which means he is to be held to a higher standard.

As to the laziness thing from college... well that figured in with when he got busted for pot and now a little nightclub tussle.... hmmm...it all kinda fits together.

Boone's got it right here. He lost the "benefit of doubt" last year (with me) with his suspension. He's a knucklehead and this won't be the last time something like this happens. HE WASN'T THE AGGRESSOR! Yay.

I kinda wish he woulda got sent home... tough love and all.

I guess he needs to go into hermit mode since having millions makes him more of a target than the average Joe.

No one is forgetting the boneheadedness in hurting the team and his loose control of emotion but I'm not going to immediatly condemn him everytime there are some scattered reports of trouble.

Perhaps he did overreact or maybe trouble does 'follow him', I just don't know enough about this situation to make that call.

I'm with John here and will just have to break out the I told you so's next time he's involved in something he shouldn't be. And a lot of you won't see the real TW until he can't be resigned and leaves as a free agent... Write it down.

Last edited:
Well, I think we would ALL agree on hoping that's 100% right Mike.

Yeah I'm all for you rubbing it my nose this time next year!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.