• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Looking forward to free agency

If it doesn't though, I'd still advocate Snyder and Jerruh burning the league to the ground, in court. :evil:

I think this depends how the NFLPA appeal to the 8th Circuit Court of Appeals goes. They are a decidedly conservative/business friendly Court so it doesn't look good. I just don't know how Danny and Jerruh would have a leg to stand on if the collusion case is dismissed...again.

I think this depends how the NFLPA appeal to the 8th Circuit Court of Appeals goes. They are a decidedly conservative/business friendly Court so it doesn't look good. I just don't know how Danny and Jerruh would have a leg to stand on if the collusion case is dismissed...again.

Doty already rejected the claim, that avenue is closed.

It would probably take getting a politician involved. Anti trust, and all. :)

And it won't be hard to find a politician looking for an excuse to act important.

Can't the Dan, or the Bruce get a politician to look into the Giants and satan for say taxes or something? They have to know people that would be eager for an inquiry you'd think.

im NOT ok with losing 18 million and getting 5 million back off of this years 18 million, screw that, it was collusion you simply cannot penalise a team for breaking the salary cap in a year when THERE IS NO SALARY CAP. if the penalty stands the goddamn union better step up because teams like Tampa bay screwed played by not honouring the salary floor and then going big in free agency with the money that should have gone to players the year before.

im NOT ok with losing 18 million and getting 5 million back off of this years 18 million, screw that, it was collusion you simply cannot penalise a team for breaking the salary cap in a year when THERE IS NO SALARY CAP. if the penalty stands the goddamn union better step up because teams like Tampa bay screwed played by not honouring the salary floor and then going big in free agency with the money that should have gone to players the year before.

I agree completely, but I don't think we will get a full refund. I suspect that if Godell quietly approaches Snyder with an offer of half a refund to make everything go away, I think Snyder almost has to take it. If not, there is no chance we get ANY of our cap back before the start of free agency, because we will be tied up in court.

I would guess we'll get somewhere between $7-11M back in the next few weeks, or we already have and just haven't heard about it. Either way, I would think the NFL would want to keep it REAL quiet.

Having said all that, the idea of Danny tying up the start of free agency through a mandated court order until this is sorted out leaves me tingly all over.

Nope...they are going to the 8th Circuit Court of Appeals...

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8900677/nflpa-appeals-decision-nfl-collusion-case

I have a feeling this could end up going to the Supreme Court. Not that they would even decide to hear the case, but I think it ends up going that far.

As you said though don't expect any relief from that court. Doty is a lot more union friendly and rejected the case. No way the 8th goes against big business. They are known for being very friendly to corps.

I'm not expecting relief from them Bob...and I don't think we're going to get a dime back. The more I listen to pundits and read about this, it looks like DeMaurice Smith really dropped the ball!

I just don't understand how such obvious collusion could go unpunished. It doesn't make any sense!

Ryan Clady just got tagged, so he's pretty much off the table at this point. Damn.

Jared Cook just got the franchise tag as well - but I think that means the Titans want to trade him, and not lose him in free agency.

Any top tier tackles or corners or pass rushers are going to get tagged. No one is going to let guys in their prime at these positions walk out the door without compensation.

The Colts let Freeney go and the Packers let Woodson go because both are on the wrong side of 30 and have had injury problems the past couple of years to go along with high cap numbers.

Clady was never going to be a free agent.

Not surprised there at all.

Yeah, what a bunch of crap.

Didn't hear much about the union's collusion beef 'til now, getting shot down twice by the judge ain't much in the way of a positive for our side.

Well then, you say "pretty please", and see what happens.

And if the answer is no, you go nuclear. And if they don't do that, then Snyder, Shanahan, and Allen are just a trio of puss's.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.