• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

We could be playing in the Super Bowl this year

Elephant - this is the point I have been making for 2 years. Shanahan in Denver secured his offensive line. He traded for Gary Zimmerman, a future HOFer from the Vikings. He had Dan Neal, a three-time pro bowler at center. And he acquired Mark Schlereth who had been a Super Bowl champion with the Redskins.

The Redskins started off making the OL a priority with the drafting of Trent Williams in 2010.

However, the moves made since then have either been ineffective (Artis Hicks and Jammal Brown) or for players that are projects (LeRibeus, Compton, Gettis, Hurt).

LeRibeus and some of the others may develop into starters.

But I still see a need to upgrade on Lichtensteiger and Polumbus specifically.

I don't see a right tackle on the roster who is an upgrade for 2013.

We need to address RT in the draft, either Round 2 or 3, and/or in free agency with that ONE major slot we can fill under the cap.

I still feel that releasing Hall and freeing up the $7.5M under the cap would allow us the flexibility to bring in a younger, solid but unspectacular corner that we could move forward with.

Again, I don't think you need to have 2 pro bowlers at corner to win the Super Bowl.

Certainly the Saints, Colts, Packers, and Giants have won the Super Bowl with merely solid players in the backfield.

As Tandler noted in his article on needs for next year, the Redskins need more SOLID professionals who come to play week in and week out rather than stars.

We could have been, without the injuries we should have been, and with some luck, we would have been, but we ain't, so end of story!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.