• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Boswell: The Good Ones Always Come Back

I like the author of the article's positive outlook. Nice perspective...

not only should the Redskins be patient with Griffin (he is going to be hard enough on himself), and should we be careful and target a few players in free agency under 30 at key spots but we ALSO need to really evaluate some of the salaries here and whether it makes sense to bring back these players for 2013.

There was an article on Jerry Reese and his reasons for letting Bradshaw, Canty and others go in recent years including Kevin Boss and Aaron Ross.

He kept saying the goal was to let a player go a year BEFORE their play started a steep decline.

Reflecting on this year's team, I have that feeling with Santana Moss ($6.1M) and DeAngelo Hall ($7.5M) as well as a couple of others.

Are these really 'must have' players? or merely 'nice to have' players - if we didn't have the $18M cap penalty?

I think the Giants would let Moss and Hall go to be honest and go with younger free agents or draft picks who cost less.

I think there are slot receivers out there we can sign for less than $6.1M.

I think there are cornerbacks we can sign who can come in and play as well over 16 games as Hall did for $7.5M.

These guys are 34 and 31.

Both have peaked in the NFL and are clearly on the downside. The question is whether we ride that comet all the way across the galaxy until it breaks up.

Let's get off the train now and spend that money on cheaper, younger players that can be assets in 2013 but also in 2014 and 2015 as well.

Orakpo's name was being floated around on 106.7 today. I guess his cap number goes up to about $5 mil next year or so. I love the guy and I'm inclined to keep him, but maybe trade bait?

Orakpo's name was being floated around on 106.7 today. I guess his cap number goes up to about $5 mil next year or so. I love the guy and I'm inclined to keep him, but maybe trade bait?

I wish the Rams hadn't been so stacked at the DE position so we could have traded him as part of the deal with to draft Griffin.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.