• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Shanahan. To punt his ass or not to punt his ass...that is the question.

Fire Shanahan?

• Yes

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • No.

Votes: 39 95.1%
  • Maybe. Pending RG's health.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
The Redskins are talking about giving Shanahan an extension. No one in the organization is talking about firing him. To suggest firing him over some over-reactive knee jerk emotional spike is silly. The team is producing and moving in the right direction.

Continuity, organization, accountability, discipline, coaching, scouting, and long-term strategy are in place to make this team a success for a number of years, not just this one. To say we would win the Division at the beginning of the year would have made you appear as smart as Rex Grossman who said we would win the Division last year.

If Snyder fired Shanahan, without a plan in place to replace him, we would be right back in the situation we had before with Cerrato making stupid decisions based upon the whim of the meddling owner while having a head coach (Zorn) who had absolutely no idea what he was doing but had the job because no one else would touch it with a 10-foot pole. Spare the drama, do you want us to look as stupid and dysfunctional as the Raiders?

If you want to point the finger of blame at anyone, point it at RGIII first. He made himself available to play knowing full well his knee was NOT 100%, and thus, not only did he put his immediate playing future at risk, he played to the detriment of the team.

If Snyder feels the need to fire Shanny because he supported the decision of a player, he better have a Cowher or Chucky already committed to be his replacement. Shanny advised all that it would take at least 5 years to turn around the franchise, and look where we are at after 3! Surely, the next two years can only get better.

If you want to point the finger of blame at anyone, point it at RGIII first. He made himself available to play knowing full well his knee was NOT 100%, and thus, not only did he put his immediate playing future at risk, he played to the detriment of the team.

If Snyder feels the need to fire Shanny because he supported the decision of a player, he better have a Cowher or Chucky already committed to be his replacement. Shanny advised all that it would take at least 5 years to turn around the franchise, and look where we are at after 3! Surely, the next two years can only get better.

And if you really want to get to the person to blame, point it at us, the people who created a culture where a player feels he has to play through anything that doesn't stop him from moving at all or be removed from his position.

Griffin did what pretty much any NFL player would do.

And if you really want to get to the person to blame, point it at us, the people who created a culture where a player feels he has to play through anything that doesn't stop him from moving at all or be removed from his position.

Griffin did what pretty much any NFL player would do.

I read that as a contradiction.

You want to blame the fans first, then you blame RGIII?

Of course RGIII did what any NFL player would do, but he did so with a chance of completely destroying his career. He took the short term pain as opposed to the long term gain.

I know as I've been there. I tried to play through a knee injury, then I needed a complete reco, but due to the damage pre-reco, I've since had another three reco's, and have never played at the same level since.

For the sake of another month, this thread wouldn't even exist!

I read that as a contradiction.

You want to blame the fans first, then you blame RGIII?

Of course RGIII did what any NFL player would do, but he did so with a chance of completely destroying his career. He took the short term pain as opposed to the long term gain.

I know as I've been there. I tried to play through a knee injury, then I needed a complete reco, but due to the damage pre-reco, I've since had another three reco's, and have never played at the same level since.

For the sake of another month, this thread wouldn't even exist!

It is just like the whole issue with concussions and injuries in the NFL. The NFL is an accomplice, by all means, and the players have indeed agreed to put themselves through the ringer for our entertainment. But think about where the responsibility for the creation of the culture lies.

Get rid of the helmets, teach players how to tackle properly, and watch the incidences of concussion drop massively, but that's not the point of THIS thread.

Get rid of the helmets, teach players how to tackle properly, and watch the incidences of concussion drop massively, but that's not the point of THIS thread.

It's completely related to the choices Griffin made. He did what was expected of him as a leader of an NFL team. To keep going unless it was blatant he couldn't. And to a guy hopped up on adrenaline in his first playoff game and whatever else got injected into his knee prior to the game, I'm sure blatant is a much worse standard.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.