• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

2013 Washington Capitals Thread

Huge win tonight, and the first shootout for the Caps all season. Signed two of the better shootout artists in the NHL in Ribiero and Wolski, and don't get in one until over halfway through the season! Wolski was inactive, and Ribiero was mundane. The young guns had to step up. Fitting, as Ovi and Backs combined for the first two goals.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

Man, Ribiero's shootout attempt was so disappointing - I was expecting something like this:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XreUfjIMBuY[/media]

or this:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zsvy9lguQeY[/media]

or this:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYdUJysPArs[/media]

But what we got was...blah. Oh well.

Was just reminded by Ted Starkey that in a span of 11 weeks, as a fan base we've gone from "Ovechkin is back," to "Ovechkin is washed up," and now after he got the NHL First Star of the Week, we're back to "Ovechkin is back." Pretty incredible how bipolar the DC fan base is, in every sport. Not sure if other fan bases do this, but its kind of our specialty. :)

Yeah, I've commented on that before.

That said Ovechkin has been playing over the last 4 or 5 games the way everyone wants him to all the time.

When they play the way they did their last 3 games they can beat any team in the league. Not sure if they're just getting their legs under them, if Green and Laich returning sparked something, if Oates' system is finally clicking, or what but they're playing good hockey.

Not sure if other fan bases do this, but its kind of our specialty. :)

I have seen this every where I have lived. The only fans who seemed to be what I would believe are "good" fans are St Louis Cardinal fans who live in St. Louis. They are old school baseball fans who understand the ups and downs of professional sports...of course that was 13 years ago, so it may have changed.

The worst I have seen are Miami Dolphins' fans. Lanky, do you remember who finicky they were when you lived down there...especially the drama surrounding Ricky Williams?

Caps lose a heartbreaker to the Islanders...Mike Green with the dumbest puck-handling error I've seen while watching this team led to the GWG from Tavares. He needs to cut that ugly-ass mullet and get back to his former self! Pronto!

If the Caps lose either game this weekend (or especially both games) its bye bye Ribiero (IMO). Playoff hopes are quickly fading into nothing.

I was unable to watch. The wife pulled out the trump card and we had to watch other things. She gets to do that every so often since I pretty much watch every game.

Makes me sad to hear Green's mistake led to the loss. I was talking about how awesome he is for the last 2 days. Whoops.

Pulled out a big win yesterday, albeit we shouldn't have had to need a comeback against a rebuilding Buffalo but we got the points

Gut wrenching, horrible loss tonight. Ugh. At last they got a point, but damn!

Blowing a 2 goal lead in the 3rd never feels good, I still don't see us squeaking in the playoffs

Flyers are good at home. Not to excuse blowing a 2 goal lead, especially one that was pretty much given to you, but **** happens.

There aren't a lot of games left :(

Not looking good in Carolina so far either...down 0-2 in the first period.

And as soon as I posted this, Ovi scores from the slot. 1-2, end of the first period.

Last edited by a moderator:
Exciting game...Carolina goes up 3-2 on a hat trick after Mike Green ties it, then Mike Green ties it up again with a wicked wrister. Dueling hat tricks part II? :)

In the 11 games since the Puck Daddy article about Muller "solving" Ovi came out, he has 11-goals and 17-points (2 & 5 vs. Muller) - that's an 82-goal, 127-point pace over a full season.

That was a really fun game to watch. Green with two goals (maybe only one), Backstrom with the "Backtrick" (4 assists), Ovi w/ 2 goals and a helper, and a shorthanded goal. It would be really nice to finish our reign in the Southeast with another division title, wouldn't it?

I love how every year people bitch about how ovie is overrated, not good anymore, over paid, whatever...

come end of the year he's top 5 in goals.

he's 3rd right now and, as you said, on an ridiculous streak. I think he's the most productive player over the last 9 games or so in the entire league (in terms of points).

yeah, they were right. he's too old, over paid, and over hyped. :rolleyes2:

I still think the criticism of him not really giving much effort on defense is valid, but that's the way he's always been and his little to do with him scoring points.

I love how every year people bitch about how ovie is overrated, not good anymore, over paid, whatever...

come end of the year he's top 5 in goals.

he's 3rd right now and, as you said, on an ridiculous streak. I think he's the most productive player over the last 9 games or so in the entire league (in terms of points).

yeah, they were right. he's too old, over paid, and over hyped. :rolleyes2:

I still think the criticism of him not really giving much effort on defense is valid, but that's the way he's always been and his little to do with him scoring points.

Too be fair, he really was not playing well for the first 25 games or so. He was not showing up for games, taking shifts off, and generally just looking lost - I now believe a lot of that can be attributed to the RW/LW switch and learning the new system - I think it finally "clicked." As I posted a few above yours, he has been producing at a Hall of Fame rate for the last 11 games.

EDIT: historical pace, really. Would be by far the highest modern-era goal total over a full season.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.