• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

2013 Washington Capitals Thread

Yeah, that's true :)

I've seen it being passed around as like 'lol terrible caps' but playing like that is how they got the win.

Granted, it was against the panthers... and they may go lose their next 4 in a row... but still, that game was so much ****ing fun to watch though, especially brouwer's goal at the start of OT. Makes up for missing the 5-0 game in my mind :)

Right, makes sense. I can see if its being touted as a "terrible Caps" gif how the view changes. I get your point now. :)

They're entering a rough stretch which includes two against the lightning, rangers, and devils.

Their season is going to sink or swim with these four games - assuming it hasn't already sunk, that is.

Regardless of how this ends the caps are playing awesome hockey tonight and ovechkin is playing lights out.
Edit: I'm watching a recording so that I say that with 13 minutes left in the third after killing the 5 on 3

Some random thoughts:

Holtby responded to his contract extension with a shutout - how can you NOT love this kid? Stopping Semin on a 2-0 rush was the best!

Cam Ward was standing on his head last night...that game probably could have been 7 or 8-0 against a lesser goaltender. Wow. That stop against Joel will be a finalist for save of the year.

Mike Ribiero is sick...if they trade him, I will be SO pissed. I understand not keeping him (after this season if he leaves as a UFA) would be a disaster, however I think they should focus on extending him. He is just so, so good. He's the exact player we've been missing for years; shipping him now would make zero sense.

Oh, and don't look now, but if the Caps beat the Flyers tonight, they will be 2-pts out of the division lead. Wowsers.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've missed both of Holtby's shutouts this year. Wasn't feeling too hot last night, so I crashed early. Maybe I should do my fellow fans a favor, and put myself on IR the rest of the year. ;)

I couldn't agree more on Ribiero. I don't know that I've ever seen a player who could thread the needle the way he does, laying it on the tape in traffic. Dude is flat out amazing.

this is not directed at anyone here, because the people posting here have been pretty level headed, it's directed at the ridiculous local media.

but - I told you so. the team is fine, they needed to get their system together and get their legs under them.

they played last night in a way that reminded me of the early beadraeu caps. how that score didn't end 8-0 I don't know.

yeah that dude had a ridiculous night. I thought Carolina sucked but they were leading the division going into that game.

although... that might not be solid evidence against them sucking... we seem to be without question the worst division in the league.

we'd be 12+ points out in any other division, we're currently 4. lol

Everyone should go watch the opening goal from the Blackhawks last night. Took them 12 seconds, and was a thing of beauty. Was a clinic in how hockey should be played, really.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

Boston, Massachusetts: Embellishment City

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6IxtxfsNWg&feature=player_embedded[/media]

Ovechkin on Mike Milbury, after his scathing comments:

"I can also voice my opinions about his work as a GM"

"I think, he just doesn't like Russians... My coach and teammates can make me go, not these... candy-wrappers"

https://twitter.com/SlavaMalamud

By my count, Alex Ovechkin is responsible for the last 3 opponent's goals. He is playing like doodoo. Completely lazy play...unfortunately the coach can do nothing about it. Last time one tried, he was fired.

Maybe he should stop worrying so much about ovie, and start focusing on the rest of the team. Then maybe he'd have a winning record against the capitals this year.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that article pissed him off.

are you still watching lanky?

i am because i just like sports, specifically washington area sports.

i'm pretty much to the point where i don't care anymore, and the season appears to be close to officially over. i find myself not paying attention when it's on or turning the channel, even when they have the lead, because it just feels like it wont matter in the end.

This season was a wash to begin with, I had almost no expectations other than it would force a partial rebuild that's been overdue and hopefully get rid of gmgm. A roster that is devoid of talent other than maybe 1 or 2 lines on offense and defense.

Wish we could play Winnipeg every night...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.