• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

2013 Washington Capitals Thread

That made my really sad Lanky. Those two years towards the end of Boudreau's stint, with the winter classic, were some amazing years with very high highs and very low lows. I remember watching Ovechkin fight... the youtube video linked in that article is just sad to watch. Boudreau's comments on how the best player was fighting were powerful - at least to me, watching from the outside.

I didn't think Boudreau was the problem, but I understood why he was fired and why a lot of fans wanted him gone. I felt like the problem was Ovechkin didn't like him, and was making it increasingly more obvious especially towards the end, and was possibly actually rallying his teammates against him.

I still feel like Ovechkin was the primary force in getting Boudraeu fired. I bet he regrets it. It's interesting to hear someone who is, apparently, knowledgeable on hockey suggest that Boudraeu's system wasn't the problem, that it was just bad luck. I had similar thoughts, and had heard friends say the same thing, but we were all bandwagon fans and just assumed we didn't know what we were talking about. That we were just fans of entertaining regular season hockey, and didn't understand playoff hockey.

**** I hate watching this team fall apart. I'm hoping my initial thoughts that they were just having a rough start, and that they're better than they look turn out to be true. But the more games that pass the harder it is to hold on to idea...

seriously, watching that hbo special has depressed me for the day.

I need a video about kittens or something.

This team is very, very bad. Look for GMGM to bring the hammer down soon and blow it up, but I don't even think that will help/do anything.

I'm really glad we pulled Neuvy last night. He was clearly the problem. lol

This team is an absolute train wreck right now.

I'm really glad we pulled Neuvy last night. He was clearly the problem. lol

This team is an absolute train wreck right now.

Yeah, I don't get that one. Clearly Oates favors Holtby - didn't pull him in the 6-goal shellacking on Sunday, but decided to pull Neuvy after a couple. Strange.

When they pulled Neuvirth it was 2-1 and the game was still winnable. The goals allowed were bad goals on Neuvirth's part.

You can't replace your entire team in one night, or completely mix up the lines and expect any results.

So the only real spark you provide is to pull the goalie.

When they pulled Neuvirth it was 2-1 and the game was still winnable. The goals allowed were bad goals on Neuvirth's part.

You can't replace your entire team in one night, or completely mix up the lines and expect any results.

So the only real spark you provide is to pull the goalie.

First goal was on Neuvy, but the second goal was defensive coverage from what I'm reading. Awful play by Mike Green watching the replay. And, first goal was a power play goal, so Neuvy was already at a disadvantage. Anyway you look at it, it was a quick hook; especially considering Holtby just got destroyed by this team less than a week ago.

Fair enough. I still think Oats was trying to spark the team because the game was winnable, and there flat out isn't another way to do it.

Went to dinner with my parents because they were in town.

Caps win 5-0

Seriously? I've watched almost every game, the one I miss you win 5-0?

Go kick rocks.

I missed this one too. Oh well, at least I got to spend the evening with my girl and my chitlins.

Thanks for hating me, Caps. ;)

I missed it too! I guess we know the secret to a Caps victory now! :paranoid:
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

Caps win the home-and-home, are no longer the worst team in hockey! Now we're just tied for the worst team in hockey. :)

Impressive comeback last night, but they're still playing fairly sh!tty hockey. Ovechkin seems to be heating up though, so that's nice.

Yeah, beating a bad team twice in a row isn't much to be happy about - but at this point in time I guess you have to hope this is the start of something, there just aren't many other choices.

Ovie seems to have found his shot, but the panter's goalies don't appear to be anything to be impressed by. We'll see how they do in tampa - that'll be a good gauge of where they are.

A come back win is a good thing, but I maintain 80% of their problem is bad penalties putting them on the PK far too often.

Oy vey... [media]http://img541.imageshack.us/img541/3150/wolski.gif[/media]

taken out of context it looks rather stupid :)

I didn't watch the game so I can't say one way or the other, but I find it hard to imagine a context in which it DOESN'T look stupid, lol.

I didn't watch the game so I can't say one way or the other, but I find it hard to imagine a context in which it DOESN'T look stupid, lol.

well - it was a point in the game where the caps were behind but trying to catch up late. they were playing super aggressive especially on the forecheck. on that play, those two (you see ovie coming from the bottom) were getting ready to kill whoever that was for the panthers, and he had to immediately stop and go backwards.

yes - crashing into the boards like that looked stupid, even in real time, but there was a reason for it and their super aggressive play is what got them back into the game and eventually got them the win.

Haha, regardless of context, he blew a tire and went face-first into the boards. I'm very happy they got the win, but it still looks stupid. :)

Yeah, that's true :)

I've seen it being passed around as like 'lol terrible caps' but playing like that is how they got the win.

Granted, it was against the panthers... and they may go lose their next 4 in a row... but still, that game was so much ****ing fun to watch though, especially brouwer's goal at the start of OT. Makes up for missing the 5-0 game in my mind :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.