• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Dr. James Andrews Official Statement

Awesome post, CounterTrey, but I'm fascinated by "multi-sport racing." What is that?

Triathlon swim bike run
Duathlon run bike run
Aquathon run swim run

I also love the tough mudder type races.

My wife and I are pretty hardcore about it and have done a decent amount of traveling for races, it's why I drove a crappy car for many years, my bike was worth more. ;) I also play soccer once a week during outdoor season, and speed and aggressiveness are my game so I know that RG3 will be cutting HARD on that knee when he steps out there. The PT folks just don't cut ya loose, nor do the surgeons until you can do things in rehab that make anything done on the field seem easy by comparison. In fact I'm convinced it's a large part of why AP had suge a huge year. Rehab for an ACL at a sports medicine practice actually made my legs stronger than they'd ever been before and gave me exercises for strength that I still use to this day and will never ditch. An exercise called a monster walk (also called gorilla walks too iirc) with a tension band around your knees is the single most difficult all body exercise I've ever done (and I'm a P90x veteran)...it's BRUTAL! :)

CT that's hard core, indeed.

As a fellow 42 year-old who tries to stay active I have to ask, how do you not ache, like, all the time? :)

Triathlon swim bike run
Duathlon run bike run
Aquathon run swim run

I also love the tough mudder type races.

Oh, okay, I see what you meant. I had something much crazier in my head (think Calvinball). LOL.

The better in shape the less that stuff affects me Henry. I get injured a lot easier when I'm not playing these sports especially my back. During soccer season though, I'm always dinged somewhere. Only difference now is I heal MUCH slower, it hurts more afterward and I get black and blue when I didn't used to. ;)

Ok writing this it seems insane, seemed like a good idea at the time...I got my first concussion after this comeback that started a few years ago (in soccer that is) and last year I was knocked out for a few secs and then went back in the game when I knocked heads with another guy. Heh...his head was a mess, bleeding like crazy and my dumb ass went back in. I still love it though, working behind a PC or being a stay at home Dad I need those outlets, and I've missed team sports. Duathlon and Mudder's I'll never give up, I've been hooked since the mid 90's.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...s-andrews-rgiii-already-wants-to-start-rehab/

James Andrews: RGIII already wants to start rehab

On Thursday, though, the famed surgeon was interviewed on a weekly sports medicine show on Doctor Radio, SiriusXM’s 24/7 health and medical channel. Andrews had a wide-ranging, 36-minute conversation with three hosts from the NYU Langone Medical Center, which touched on modern sports medicine, various procedures what it’s like on the sidelines, and his new book. But he was asked several questions about RGIII, including one about Wednesday’s surgery.

“Well, I really can’t talk specifically about an injury from just the privacy act of that young man’s career,” Andrews said. “But obviously I had to operate on his knee [Wednesday]. And it’s a shame, but he had a re-injury to his ACL. He’s already waiting on me this morning to start his rehab and start his recovery. A fine young man and a great talent. We’re looking forward to trying to get him back, ready for next season. That’s about the gist of it.”

~ more at link~

translation " I am a doctor with a great reputation and can get away with giving out an absolute best case scenario because of he doesnt meet that expectation I can simply say he didnt rehab hard enough."

the injuries are not as easy to come back from as the good doctor is making it sound but frankly doctors will always give best or worst case scenarios never anything in the middle.

Why don't we just relax and figure that Cousins may start a game or two next season.

That seems the most reasonable approach at this point.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

Why don't we just relax and figure that Cousins may start a game or two next season.

That seems the most reasonable approach at this point.

That's pretty much the way I'm looking at it.

Frankly, I like the way this team is being put together and if we continue to draft well I think Cousins will hold down the fort just fine.

yup. too bad we traded that extra first though.

Really?

Kirk Cousins
Alfred Morris
Perry Riley
Chris Neild
Jarvis Jenkins
Richard Crawford
Aldrick Robinson
Josh LeReibus
Keenan Robinson - TBD
Tom Compton - TBD
Adam Gettis - TBD

True, Shanahan has done his best work in the first round, but he is hitting more than he misses in rounds 2-7. I think most teams do their best work in the first round, because naturally that's where the highest level talent is.

I am actually getting sick of hearing about Andrews.

He comes out and says he never okayed Griffin to go back in the Baltimore game FOUR WEEKS later, and then recants and does an electric slide to agree with what Shanahan said.

Then he comes out and says he has been really fearful for Griffin on the LCL the past month but evidently makes no move to tell Shanahan he should come out when he can barely walk to the line of scrimmage.

Let him sit in his FLA office and run his ortho practice.

Evidently outside of the safe confines of his practice he doesn't have any stones at all.

Talk about CYA, that's all this guy is about.

BT, I believe he was advising against RG3 even playing against Seattle.

That's why he came out in public just hours before kickoff to say he was worried they had rushed him back so soon, and that he was very scared. That was his conscience's way of telling everyone that Shanny wasn't listening to his advice.

I am actually getting sick of hearing about Andrews.

He comes out and says he never okayed Griffin to go back in the Baltimore game FOUR WEEKS later, and then recants and does an electric slide to agree with what Shanahan said.

Then he comes out and says he has been really fearful for Griffin on the LCL the past month but evidently makes no move to tell Shanahan he should come out when he can barely walk to the line of scrimmage.

Let him sit in his FLA office and run his ortho practice.

Evidently outside of the safe confines of his practice he doesn't have any stones at all.

Talk about CYA, that's all this guy is about.

Well as I work in the field with a number of orthopedic surgeons I can tell you they all have huge egos. So I'm sure he's eating up all the attention and views himself as practically a god.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LqeC3BPYTmE[/media]

Well as I work in the field with a number of orthopedic surgeons I can tell you they all have huge egos. So I'm sure he's eating up all the attention and views himself as practically a god.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LqeC3BPYTmE[/media]

Now they're saying Griffin's medial meniscus also had a minor tear and was repaired - whatever the heck that is.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.