• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Dr. James Andrews Official Statement

Newsflash. In every sense of the word, relative to all things Griffin - he's dangerous.

Newsflash. In every sense of the word, relative to all things Griffin - he's dangerous.

Fine. Mock me if you must. But know this: if he isn't starting opening day, I am so making an I told you so thread.

:paranoid:

Fine. Mock me if you must. But know this: if he isn't starting opening day, I am so making an I told you so thread.

:paranoid:

No mocking intended, I'm being serious - you can't judge this guy by normal standards. He's completely a maverick.

Hey don't be too hard on Dr. Adickes. His repair of the initial right ACLU tear lasted for several seasons. There are no guarantees. However, we need to trust what Dr. Andrews says and if thinks he will be ready for the start of e next season then we should count on it.

The pessimism around here is depressing. He will be back by next season. The surgery went well. :wall:

I guarantee you any amount of money that if someone were to create a DAILY newspaper exclusively for the purpose of daily updates on RG3's knee for the entire offseason, and called the newspaper "RG Knee", that thousands upon thousands of devoted and obsessive fans would pay money to consume this product :)

And if Cousins starts the first couple of games, does that mean the Redskins are in trouble?
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

It appears there are a minority of people out there in the media that seem to be relishing this setback for Washington and Griffin.

All those people that predicted a 3-13 team this year are now trying to get in their digs by talking about Griffin as if he is done.

All those people that predicted a 3-13 team this year are now trying to get in their digs by talking about Griffin as if he is done.

Oh no, does this mean that I missed out on hearing the annual Cowboys are favored to win the Super Bowl in the following year prediction, by 13 out of 13 "analysts" ?

Last edited:
Hey don't be too hard on Dr. Adickes. His repair of the initial right ACLU tear lasted for several seasons. There are no guarantees. However, we need to trust what Dr. Andrews says and if thinks he will be ready for the start of e next season then we should count on it.

The pessimism around here is depressing. He will be back by next season. The surgery went well. :wall:

To be fair, you really have no idea what it's been like being a redskins fan. It's like telling Jews they should lighten up about all that 'holocaust stuff' :)

I'd call Shanahan into the office tomorrow morning, and ask him exactly what qualifies him to be our coach next season.

Baylor Fan vs. Redskin Fan

To be fair, you really have no idea what it's been like being a redskins fan. It's like telling Jews they should lighten up about all that 'holocaust stuff' :)
No Boone being a Baylor fan is eerily similar to being a Redskin fan. I very much understand what it is like to be a Redskin fan. Ironically it was the same person who helped deliver us from the wilderness.

Loser attitudes take a long time to change. But you are dead wrong to think that I have no idea what it is like to be a Redskin fan.

HTTR

Fair enough, RG3_Fan, fair enough. :)

The good news is that now that the "major" injury is out of the way, we and RG3 will not have to worry about him re-injuring the knee in a meaningless Pro Bowl game, which would also delay his offseason recovery time for an entire month.

Rehab is a grueling process and many normal people opt to simply give it up and live with their lost abilities. I believe Dr. Andrews sees in RGIII the willpower to get up everyday and do the prescribed regiment needed to bring him back and the intelligence to not do something that will set himself back.

Everyone is making a point to say Peterson is the exception, not the rule, which is absolutely correct.
What I've been hearing though, is that the time frame for recovery, is indeed, the rule these days. With modern medicine being what it is.

The exception was AP's level of performance, from day one of his return to action.

Robert's knee will be healed, and ready to go, within the time frame of 6-8 months. His range of mobility, and confidence, will be the question. NOT the stability of the knee. Being a world class athlete, who's already done it once, I doubt it will be a problem for him to start Week 1. He's a gym rat, by all accounts. And confidence oozes out the kid like lava from Kilauea.

If it takes a little longer, big whup. This TEAM will be fine.

It appears there are a minority of people out there in the media that seem to be relishing this setback for Washington and Griffin.

That's exactly what we need at this point. Let the media keep hammering that he's done / will never be the same. Push it down his throat from every angle, because it will only add to his already amazing determination.

My take is evidently atypical on this but it comes from the perspective of a 42 year old who blew (and I mean destroyed) my ACL within a week of AP and was within 2 weeks of AP's timetable for return to play on a ball field. I did mine playing soccer and was back on the field (although not at full burst of speed yet)with full medical approval for contact and cutting hard at about 5.5 months.

I started rehab 3 days after the surgery and was back on my feet on crutches within 2 hours. I'm not a big guy, in fact I'm skinnier than RG3 is, but I am athletic and was in triathlon shape (I also am involved in multi-sport racing) when the injury happened. I went to a sports medicine practice that does all the stuff for OSU's AD, they're pretty cutting edge. Throughout my rehab and from day one we talked about AP and his time frame and how while his ability to perform was freakish, his rate of recovery and time frame was not...4-6 months was the norm for a reconstructed ACL that had been completely pulverized. I was stunned to learn this after thinking I'd never play again.

I get that it's LCL primarily and that it's a double whammy and it will complicate and delay rehab but this is my long winded attempt to counter the repeated notion that the 6 months AP took to get rehabbed was so freakishly fast. It's not, it's what the sports rehab folks consider normal...and RG3 isn't any more normal of a physical specimen than AP is. Even without the performances all you need to do is look at a pic of this kid in shorts and UnderArmour to see he is a chiseled specimen who is well above anything that can be described as normal physically.

He'll be back for the season opener at 100% health wise but he'll take another several months to get his full burst back...but he's not a RB so that's not nearly as important as being able to plant and throw or cut. And when he does it won't be pushing it back too fast or a risk. The biggest obstacle is going to be regenerating muscle lost to atrophy, the healing is not a big deal at all. THAT's what makes AP's recovery so impressive, what he could do with an obviously weaker leg early on. RG3 won't need to.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.