• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

I Told You So

Status
Not open for further replies.
Uh, guys?

There's a lot of antagonism going around. Let's stop pointing fingers. That's my job. :)

Let's just all take it down a notch, ok?

Bull****, Brian. Plain and simple.

Don't come in here, on the day MY QB is having surgery and talk junk. If you want Tannehill, you're more than welcome to add the Dolphins to the list of teams you root for. (Congrats on your Ravens still being alive, BTW.) But don't hop back aboard the RG3 train when he's healthy, and playing even BETTER than he did this year.

I've come to expect some Redskin fans to be wishy-washy. I don't expect it from you. "I don't want him!" ... "Wait! I was wrong, yes I do!" ... "Wait, he got hurt? Told ya so!" GTFO of here with that noise.

According to Dr. Andrews, he passed all the tests to be able to play. So let's say after that, he decides not to play anyway. Then we'd have you coming in here saying "See, I was right. He has no heart. They cleared him to play, but he chose to sit."

Just stop.

I think this is a name-in-lights, picking-a-fight effort from you. I also happen to believe that you're better than that. Hell, I KNOW you are. But you're barking up the wrong tree right now, brother.

Like everyone else, I still love ya, but I'm going to call you on it when I think you're being a dip****. And I expect the same from you. :)

In all seriousness, El - why even post this? There aren't many silver linings about this injury; this is horrible for the entire fanbase and franchise. Why rub our noses in it? Are you going to start posting three threads a week, like a certain someone who couldn't stop telling us how right he was about the switch to the 3-4? I just don't understand why you would post this. Does it make you feel better to possibly be right?

actually the guy who posted those threads about the 3-4 was right and not just a little bit right but epic right.

as for the OP

1- we took a risk I was against the risk, but rg3 being injured was more to do with mismanaging him than his playing style as a matter of fact had we handled this correctly it wouldnt have been an issue.

2- shanny is a moron, this is on him we pay him 7 million bucks, we shouldnt have a 22 year old deciding if hes healthy enough to play no elite athlete every believes his back up is as good as he is.

3-its an LCL injury with an acl injury, I doubt we have him back for preseason and I DONT WANT TO RUSH HIM BACK. thats the thinking that got us here, fo gods sake we gambled again that he wouldnt get hurt worse and we lost that gamble, I hope he comes back 100% but its doubtful that he will. I think he will come back but not be quite the same. we need to put a better team around him.

and I believe that el has a point, we took a risk by drafting an guy whose style will be boom or bust, when its booming he will be superb, when its busting he wont be playing at all. his bopdy type as much as his play style dictates that. tannehill wouldnt have cost us as much and if he turns out good people will talk, thats the nature of the beast, there is no sense in getting all butthuirt when someone says they were right about something. I will give this 2 more seasons before I make my decision on whether this was the right call (drafting him) some decisions are obviously good or bad right off the bat, some you need time to really make the call.

Ryman, whether the switch was right or not is a long-dead horse that is hardly recognizable from all the beatings. I was simply pointing out the frequency in which it was noted. :)

Bottom line, I'll take Griffin for 5 years over anything we've had in 20 years and any other available QB risk-taking or not. He has toward to safeguard himself better although there are no guarantees

I'd like to think you're better than this thread. I'm going to choose to ignore that it ever existed.

Bottom line, I'll take Griffin for 5 years over anything we've had in 20 years and any other available QB risk-taking or not. He has toward to safeguard himself better although there are no guarantees

Without a doubt. He's a bright kid. There's no reason to believe he can't be smarter with his scrambles. He did make some improvement in that area and I expect it to continue. I hate that he got injured. I'm less pissed than I was. Playoffs are rare, especially for us. Giving it your all, even if over all chances for success are slim, is probably the right way to go.

Still, ranting via an I Told you So thread is pretty lame. There were already plenty of rant threads going.

attention-whores-gaga-demotivational-posters-1340217667.jpg

hu·bris

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/hubris?s=t# [hyoo-bris, hoo-]
noun excessive pride or self-confidence; arrogance.

Also, hybris.
Compare sophrosyne.

Origin:
1880–85; < Greek hýbris insolence

Related forms hu·bris·tic, adjective.
non·hu·bris·tic, adjective.
un·hu·bris·tic, adjective.

I think we have enough Griffin threads that we don't need to keep this one going.

This thread reminds me of something my Dad used to say...

'The beatings will continue until morale improves'

I pretty much forgive any/all comments over the past few days as we're all upset and responding emotionally...how can we not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.