• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

I Told You So

Status
Not open for further replies.
But we all DO all have a complete idea of how RG3 performed.

so now your point has evolved to "well, he might not eventually be a HOF QB so we made a mistake taking him"?

You look more and more ridiculous with every successive post on this.

I'm out of this dumb conversation before my blood pressure gets higher.

Find me any Football pro who today would agree with you that we should have taken Tannyhill instead of Rg3 and I'll give you your special accolades that you so obviously need to feel good about yourself.

My point hasn't "evolved Ss. It is the same as it was last year. RG3 was a risky investment that has not paid off. You seem to think a Division Championship was as important as damaging the futuire of the team. I think we should have rebuilt in another way. And if you'd stop reading what you want to read and actually use some reading comprehension skills, you'd see that I mentioned Russell Wilson too since Shanahan swooned over him last year at the Senior Bowl.

You guys can wear your Burgundy and Gold colored glasses all you want, but I won't.

Yup, lets rush him back again on the same ACL that's been torn twice now with an added torn LCL to boot.

No, I am not a doctor and I just witnessed Adrian Peterson do something amazing, but for you to suggest it is factual incorrect is pure conjecture! There is no fact in projection, you can't read the future! Just like I could be wrong about where I believe the next year is going. I am sickened right now that we spent so much on a kid who has torn his knee in the same place and another in less that 4 years.

Again, no! A division Championship was not worth this young man shredding his knee! We should have sidelined him for the rest of the year!
No I'm not. Having been through the experience myself in the same time frame as AP I know EXACTLY what is involved and how long it can take. Mine took 4 months to be training hard and 6 months to be back on a field cutting and running like I did before the complete destruction of my knee...and I'm 42. A lot has changed in the last decade and ligament injuries just aren't as devastatingly permanent as they used to be. AP might be a freak for the season he had but his recovery is now the norm.

You're coming off a bit hysterical here and you're just not right about the medical part of it. You're right since I don't know the exact details it's conjecture to a degree, but at least mine is based on something other than a "feeling" which is all you're really going on at this stage. Andrews hasn't even operated yet.

Didnt you also backtrack every week in chat saying he was awesome and you were wrong to not want to draft him?
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

LOL, El is a "live in the moment" kind of guy it seems. Hey, there I times that I change my opinion to fit current events too, I just dont crow that I was "right all along" afterwards

In all seriousness, El - why even post this? There aren't many silver linings about this injury; this is horrible for the entire fanbase and franchise. Why rub our noses in it? Are you going to start posting three threads a week, like a certain someone who couldn't stop telling us how right he was about the switch to the 3-4? I just don't understand why you would post this. Does it make you feel better to possibly be right?

Well, I for one am very pleased with our picking of RGIII. Wouldn't change how this season went for anything. Injuries suck and everyone will always 2nd guess any decision that appears to of had a point where a better decision could be made. 20/20 hindsight. Gotta love it.

However, in the end, he is a rookie. Did amazing things as one and the excitement level is still there, in fact even more because of how this season turned out. His brain wasn't hurt and his arm wasn't hurt. His legs will be there and he will come back stronger and more determined. I believe this because his proven character says it will be nothing less in his return. But he was still a rookie and he, along with Coach, have to learn from mistakes to get better. Sure, we all could 'see' different things and all would of made various decisions at certain points, but these are the guys who have the wheel right now and I would say we are going in the right direction.

Well, I for one am very pleased with our picking of RGIII. Wouldn't change how this season went for anything. Injuries suck and everyone will always 2nd guess any decision that appears to of had a point where a better decision could be made. 20/20 hindsight. Gotta love it.

However, in the end, he is a rookie. Did amazing things as one and the excitement level is still there, in fact even more because of how this season turned out. His brain wasn't hurt and his arm wasn't hurt. His legs will be there and he will come back stronger and more determined. I believe this because his proven character says it will be nothing less in his return. But he was still a rookie and he, along with Coach, have to learn from mistakes to get better. Sure, we all could 'see' different things and all would of made various decisions at certain points, but these are the guys who have the wheel right now and I would say we are going in the right direction.

Please post more often! Awesome.

I will say this. The kid is far too reckless.

The reason he got hurt in the Ravens game was because he slid too late. The reason he got hurt again against Seattle was because he tried to stop on a dime and throw a desperate pass rather than simply run out of bounds (same with his concussion against Atlanta.)

He needs to not try and eke out that extra yard, or extra throw or whatever it is and start protecting himself. And he needs to be a LOT better about it. Someone needs to tell him nothing is more demoralizing to a defense than to see a QB rush for 10 or 15 yards and then slide harmlessly to the ground. That's just as rough on a defense as a QB getting 15 to 20 yards and taking a monster hit.

He's trying to be a warrior out there. He's trying to do it all. But he doesn't have to. He needs to start trusting his team a little better. Russell Wilson is probably half the player Griffin is, but you know what? He knows when it's time to slide. And at the end of the season he's able to take the field at full strength. And that was the difference in the game on Sunday.

I love this kid. I love his heart. But he did make some big rookie mistakes, and it's costing us. Hopefully this is a big lesson learned for him.

Didnt you also backtrack every week in chat saying he was awesome and you were wrong to not want to draft him?
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

I admitted that as the season wore on I was very excited he is was on our team. Yes.

I will say this. The kid is far too reckless.

The reason he got hurt in the Ravens game was because he slid too late. The reason he got hurt again against Seattle was because he tried to stop on a dime and throw a desperate pass rather than simply run out of bounds (same with his concussion against Atlanta.)

He needs to not try and eke out that extra yard, or extra throw or whatever it is and start protecting himself. And he needs to be a LOT better about it. Someone needs to tell him nothing is more demoralizing to a defense than to see a QB rush for 10 or 15 yards and then slide harmlessly to the ground. That's just as rough on a defense as a QB getting 15 to 20 yards and taking a monster hit.

He's trying to be a warrior out there. He's trying to do it all. But he doesn't have to. He needs to start trusting his team a little better. Russell Wilson is probably half the player Griffin is, but you know what? He knows when it's time to slide. And at the end of the season he's able to take the field at full strength. And that was the difference in the game on Sunday.

I love this kid. I love his heart. But he did make some big rookie mistakes, and it's costing us. Hopefully this is a big lesson learned for him.

It's a learning process, Henry. We need to be patient. For God's sake, our first three wins were pretty much all because of Griff, especially when Garcon went out. As the season progressed, the team learned how to come together and win without him or with a diminished Griff, but in the beginning, it was him and him alone for the most part.

Like you said, he's young. If this injury is what it takes for him to learn that lesson the hard way and slide earlier and not fight for 2 extra yards, then so be it.

I couldnt agree more. Thanks, Utah, for the voice of reason in an unreasonable thread begun in the spirit of narcissism and egocentric self validation.

So, instead of bowing out of the thread like you said you would, you continue to attack me because you don't agree with me? And I am the narcissistic, self aggrandizing egocentric?

Grow up man. Your participation in this thread is childish and immature.

Last year before you even came to this site, I was adamant...I did not want Griffin on the team. It wasn't just because he was a mobile QB, if those of you who think that is why, just re-read the OP. It was because from what I saw from him in college, he was reckless as Henry said. I knew that if he played that same way in the pros, he would get hurt. And I did not want us to trade up to get him because of that recklessness.

As the season came closer, I began to see much of what those in Texas had seen...a leader. He brought a spark to this team that was thrilling. The very first game I attended this year, I was simply amazed that a 22 year old kid could be so dynamic. What people had been saying was true, he wasn't just a running QB (which I didn't think he was), he didn't have just a strong arm, and it wasn't that he was smart...it was that he had all three and the leadership skills.

I got on board and it didn't take long. I am a die hard fan of the Washington Redskins. People have varying hobbies, one of mine obsessing over the Washington Redskins. I invested a lot over the past season to support my team...our team! I even went so far as to tow the burgundy and gold line when it came to defending this kid when others would state he's just a flash in the pan, he's gonna end up getting killed if he continues to play this way.

Bottom line, I was correct in the off-season about his style of play...Henry and Go Deep were less antagonistic in their support of that assertion than I was by starting this thread. But I was lamb basted last year for suggesting he was too risky of an investment and I sit here today feeling I was right.

All I ask of you Ss is to grow up! If you disagree fine, offer a counter point like adults do, don't storm out of the thread and call it/me stupid then come back in talking about ego. It's a very tired tactic!

Ummm, Brian? Love you man, you know I do, BUT...

When your thread title is "I told you so", I feel like maybe you should expect a little antagonism. Ya know how you told Ex and myself that we were expecting too much of drunk people on NYE?

Well...

:)

Ummm, Brian? Love you man, you know I do, BUT...

When your thread title is "I told you so", I feel like maybe you should expect a little antagonism. Ya know how you told Ex and myself that we were expecting too much of drunk people on NYE?

Well...

:)
Antagonism? Sure... But what Ss has displayed is something entirely different.

reap what you sow. You started the thread pal
I did not plant the seeds of "immaturity" nor the seeds of "attacking the poster" because I don't agree with them. You did that all by yourself my man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.