• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

on Fumble = Carlos Rogers dropped INT

fuji869

The Rookie
Reaction score
Military Branch
Army
Wilson Fumble = Carlos Rogers dropped INT

When Russell Wilson fumbled ball yesterday and Marshawn Lynch picked it up and ran it for a first down it reminded me of when Carol Rogers dropped an INT in the 2005 playoff game that would have been a pick. The 2005 dropped INT would of put the Redskins up 10-0 instead resulted in the Seahawks went down field and Matt Hassellbeck ran it in for a TD and the Seahawks never looked back. In last weekend’s Wild Card Game I don’t know if Madiue Williams could have returned the fumble for a TD if he could of got a hold of the ball but the drive did result in I think a Seahawks TD that made the Game 14-10.

History repeats itself in the Redskins Playoff Games against the Seahawks..... :whoknows:

Last edited:
That just reminded me of the 1999 playoff game against the Bucs that we lost, due to an almost identical scenario.
Remember when Bucs QB Shaun King fumbled the ball, and Warrick Dunn picks it up and runs for a 1st down, to further cement the game ?

This was a huge play. Had Williams recovered the ball we may all be talking about the Falcons. Just like Doughty not getting INT in end zone.

Ugh, Madieu Williams. I hope they ran him out of the building yesterday.

What I hate about the whole thing is our guys all year trying to scoop it up and run with it, as opposed to falling on it. Falling on it guarantees you the ball. More often than not, attempting the scoop and run results in a bobble and loss of the ball. I hate it, and I wish these coaches would drill in these guys heads to just fall on the damn thing. Get the damn ball, that's all that matters.

That just reminded me of the 1999 playoff game against the Bucs that we lost, due to an almost identical scenario.
Remember when Bucs QB Shaun King fumbled the ball, and Warrick Dunn picks it up and runs for a 1st down, to further cement the game ?

Fear, I thought the exact same thing. Sadly, we had the same result.

This was a huge play. Had Williams recovered the ball we may all be talking about the Falcons. Just like Doughty not getting INT in end zone.

Unless there was another one I missed (I turned of the game after Griff went down for the count), I don't blame Doughty for that. That was Offensive PI that wasn't called.

Sadly, this was a game of missed opportunites, poor decision-making by the coaches, poor playcalling and thumb-twiddling by the referees. Karma, you piece of ****, you REALLY ****ed up this time! :mad:

Unless there was another one I missed (I turned of the game after Griff went down for the count), I don't blame Doughty for that. That was Offensive PI that wasn't called.

Sadly, this was a game of missed opportunites, poor decision-making by the coaches, poor playcalling and thumb-twiddling by the referees. Karma, you piece of ****, you REALLY ****ed up this time! :mad:

YES! I was SCREAMING at the TV when the WR interfered with Doughty. Terrible no-call on that play.

YES! I was SCREAMING at the TV when the WR interfered with Doughty. Terrible no-call on that play.

For someone who was VERY calm before the game, I spent a LOT of time SCREAMING (and cursing :paranoid: ) at the TV until I just totally lost it and turned it off, found a "punching bag" and went to town until I couldn't lift my arms. :tantrum:

I wouldn't lose too much sleep over that fumble recovery. We got one of those to beat the Giants. We recovered the one at our own goal line that saved at least a FG if not a TD. The ball bounced our way a lot this season.

Frankly if Griffin hadn't re-injured himself I don't think it would have mattered. Our defense was playing very well and if we could have sustained any drives on offense I doubt Seattle would have gotten the eight possessions necessary to surpass our initial 14 points.

I wouldn't lose too much sleep over that fumble recovery. We got one of those to beat the Giants. We recovered the one at our own goal line that saved at least a FG if not a TD. The ball bounced our way a lot this season.

Frankly if Griffin hadn't re-injured himself I don't think it would have mattered. Our defense was playing very well and if we could have sustained any drives on offense I doubt Seattle would have gotten the eight possessions necessary to surpass our initial 14 points.

Great analysis.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.