• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Fallout From Griffin's Injury

I agree. At some point, with Moss getting grey in the tooth and Garcon (maybe) injury prone, we will have to look for a #1/#2 WR (assuming we don't see Robinson or Hankerson really step up) as well. Surprise, surprise - we have more needs than we have picks for the next couple years.

how about cornerback? free safety? right tackle? how about a true nose tackle that can push the interior line like Ngata does?

I agree we need a healthy target at TE, but it would seem at least to me that RT and CB are the top priorities in the draft as they are going to cost more in free agency.

We def have needs at several positions but i agree that RT and secondary should be first. Tho drafting an o-lineman in the 2nd round is unheard of in Shan's mind.

I think it's safe to say capgate ain't going any where so we'll have to adjust accordingly. My draft i would like to see if the picks stay as is....

2-Best RT available (Polumbus sucks at pass blocking)
3-Best FS available (time to stop the merry-go-round)
4-Best TE available (Fred is injury and ganja prone)
5-BPA
6-BPA
7-BPA

Looking at your list there Win4us, I am thinking the best value we could get at the draft position for our first pick would probably be the TE...maybe FS, but with a healthy Brandon Meriweather, we can deal with what we have.

No doubt El, if there's a stud TE sitting there with our 2nd we may have to nab him up. If Griff/Kirk had a Gronk we'd be in some buisness. Fred is Fred and Paul is the latest 50/50 version regarding hands.

The RT in the 2nd is really just wishful thinking on my part, i know Shan NEVER takes o-line early, especially after Trent. Last time we had a legit RT was Jansen in the 2nd and he locked that spot down pretty good for a while.

I also wouldn't mind a monster NT or a stud LB with one of our early picks. Love London to death but this is probly his last season and we def need some speed/youth at the spot.

Last edited:
This video shows Griffin talking to Morris about his knee in the Cowboys game, says he was good for 10-yard runs. That's why he was diving. So, he's been hurt for awhile...that knee injury could have happened any time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&v=h7zh3Kvvm94&NR=1

Oh yeah. They were discussing it on 106.7 days before the Seattle game. That very clip. There was some serious worry out there, but I think some of us (myself included) were just hoping for the best. That's what fans do.

I'm starting to get pissed off at his original doctor and at Baylor...why wouldn't they get the best fix possible? Unreal. This smells like college baseball teams who wear out their pitchers' arms with no inning limits or anything.

I'm beginning to think the initial injury against the Ravens was inevitable.

Not sure if a regular knee would have reacted the same way RG3's repaired knee did on that tackle.

And the way the initial surgery was described probably meant that something would happen to the knee in the future.

Maybe getting this out of the way at the beginning of his career is the best thing.

Thats sort of how I feel too. Get this repaired and ready for the long term now. If he misses a few early games next season, or even more than a few, I'm completely fiune with it as long as they do it right.

Really?

I'm starting to get pissed off at his original doctor and at Baylor...why wouldn't they get the best fix possible? Unreal. This smells like college baseball teams who wear out their pitchers' arms with no inning limits or anything.

So Baylor's star Sophomore QB goes down with a knee injury in a pre conference game and you really think that Baylor wanted him to have a shoddy knee operation. Besides that how do you know it was shoddy? He played two full college seasons with the repaired knee. What angers me is the fact that the Redskins played him when he was obviously hurt. Ridiculous.

As a show of solidarity, I've decided to have knee surgery myself. Scheduling now for 3rd week of February

Okay, not really.....but I did **** up my knee on Sunday playing basketball and have to get cut (again) to clean out a bunch of meniscus and cartilage. Seems like the major ligaments are fine still, so there's hope that in about half a year I'll be up and back on the court again - just as stupid as I was before.

Aaah, love getting old.

Robert will be just fine. He's 22 years old (right?) and has the best doctors possible taking good, good care of him. I'm not too worried so long as he isn't as stupid as I am nor as he was this December.

So Baylor's star Sophomore QB goes down with a knee injury in a pre conference game and you really think that Baylor wanted him to have a shoddy knee operation. Besides that how do you know it was shoddy? He played two full college seasons with the repaired knee. What angers me is the fact that the Redskins played him when he was obviously hurt. Ridiculous.

College baseball teams overuse their star pitchers all the time with no regard to their health. I've seen it stated that the surgery was done to get him back on the field as quickly as possible, and was only a matter of time until it failed. They only needed him for two more years.

College baseball teams overuse their star pitchers all the time with no regard to their health. I've seen it stated that the surgery was done to get him back on the field as quickly as possible, and was only a matter of time until it failed. They only needed him for two more years.

Ive read that too to be honest.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.