• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

No News, Is Bad News?

Griffin will start week 1. I hereby will it to be so.

And after what I did with Kai Forbath, I am not to be doubted. ;)

Lol. No offense, Ryman, but the tweet just before yours is the difference between very good athletes and elite athletes. I don't doubt it took you a full year to recover, and the average joe might take even longer. But these are elite athletes, who have nothing to do other than rehab and get ready. I would not be surprised to see Griffin suiting up week 1. However, I might be more comfortable starting him on the PUP list.

Heh. Makes me think of this:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WzEhoyXpqzQ[/media]

"You're not an athlete." :D

OMG, I haven't laughed that hard in awhile, Henry. Thanks.

Griffin will start week 1. I hereby will it to be so.

And after what I did with Kai Forbath, I am not to be doubted. ;)

:notworthy:

Just to point out, Cobra Kai hasn't made a FG since the 2nd quarter of the Eagles game. :nana:

:notworthy:

Just to point out, Cobra Kai hasn't made a FG since the 2nd quarter of the Eagles game. :nana:
Nor has he missed an extra point.

Or hit himself in the leg with an axe.

Or gotten busted in a hotel room with hookers and cocaine. :)

http://washingtonexaminer.com/what-rg3-faces-in-recovery/article/2518024#.UO2zBDlZswF

Redskins Confidential:

What RG3 faces in recovery: Sports medicine expert Richard Lehman
January 9, 2013

John Keim
Staff Reporter - Washington Redskins
The Washington Examiner

Dr. Richard Lehman, who is with the U.S. Sports Center for Medicine in St. Louis, has served as a team physician for three NHL teams and has worked with professional athletes at all levels. Now that Robert Griffin III’s surgery on his lateral collateral and anterior cruciate ligaments is over, here’s what Lehman says the Redskins quarterback faces:

Q: Robert has already had an ACL tear, so from your perspective, what difficulties does he face recovering from another type of surgery to repair his ACL?

A: He’s had a previous ACL injury, and basically, you may be able to compensate for a small amount of anterior instability. So, you have some damage to your ACL. Then, you tear your lateral collateral ligament, so what ends up happening is … your tibia, or lower part of your leg, rotates; it doesn’t just go front and back or side to side. So, if you plant your foot, you don’t have rotational stability, because one ligament is torn that goes back and forth, and one ligament’s torn that goes side to side. What ends up happening is, you’re almost obligated to fix the ACL. If you just fix the LCL, then the knee will continue to be unstable. It’s a much harder rehab fixing both ligaments, and the problem we run into is … the rehab is tougher because the knee tends to get stiffer. It’s harder to get your motion back. You have to protect the knee from rotation post-op, so the rehab is slower or quite a bit slower, and what happens is instead of taking three or four months – which an LCL is probably three months and an isolated ACL might take three or four months – you combine them, and because of the problems of motion it could take a year, 14 months. It could take longer to get it rehabbed and rehabbed appropriately.

~more at link

Lol. No offense, Ryman, but the tweet just before yours is the difference between very good athletes and elite athletes. I don't doubt it took you a full year to recover, and the average joe might take even longer. But these are elite athletes, who have nothing to do other than rehab and get ready. I would not be surprised to see Griffin suiting up week 1. However, I might be more comfortable starting him on the PUP list.

a torn acl is nothing like a torn lcl, and Daniels is full of it he was a shadow of himself his last two seasons, our QB for my semi pro team played two years of pro ball, he tore his ACL and didnt even have surgery because with the proper excersizes you can actually function without one, its just not as sturdy obviously. but Daniels is being pretty ridiculous. keep in mind Rg3 tore the acl in that knee once already and the torn Lcl and possibly torn meniscus mean its not the ideal injury. when I blew my knee out I was being paid to rehab as I was fully insure (with canadian medical insurance lol) so I worked out every day and did rehab for 2 hours a day. I honestly think best case scenario is gonna be 8 months until he is able to go half speed then another couple months to regain to full speed , than about a year to regain full confidence and stop self governing.

his youth and shape works for him, but his play style and previous injury does work against him.

lets bookmark this and revisit it next season, I will say he isnt ready to go by the first game and shouldnt be rushed.

a torn acl is nothing like a torn lcl, and Daniels is full of it he was a shadow of himself his last two seasons, our QB for my semi pro team played two years of pro ball, he tore his ACL and didnt even have surgery because with the proper excersizes you can actually function without one, its just not as sturdy obviously. but Daniels is being pretty ridiculous. keep in mind Rg3 tore the acl in that knee once already and the torn Lcl and possibly torn meniscus mean its not the ideal injury. when I blew my knee out I was being paid to rehab as I was fully insure (with canadian medical insurance lol) so I worked out every day and did rehab for 2 hours a day. I honestly think best case scenario is gonna be 8 months until he is able to go half speed then another couple months to regain to full speed , than about a year to regain full confidence and stop self governing.

his youth and shape works for him, but his play style and previous injury does work against him.

lets bookmark this and revisit it next season, I will say he isnt ready to go by the first game and shouldnt be rushed.

Are you saying Daniels is lying about the type of injury and/or recovery time he had?

I'd almost prefer a wait-and-see approach. If Cousins starts out playing well and we rattle off a few wins, then just shelve Griffin until 2014. I mean, they rushed him back once and look what happened. Let him get stronger and continue to rehab, watch film, study, etc. He'll be unstoppable in 14.

I'd almost prefer a wait-and-see approach. If Cousins starts out playing well and we rattle off a few wins, then just shelve Griffin until 2014. I mean, they rushed him back once and look what happened. Let him get stronger and continue to rehab, watch film, study, etc. He'll be unstoppable in 14.

I definitely agree, I'd rather Robert play zero in 2013 if it means rushing recovery and risk elevation. I like Cousins and am comfortable with him in there even if he's not ideal.

Nope, we traded 2012 (and a second in 2012), 2013 & 2014's first round picks for the Rams 2012 first round pick.

wow, i cant believe I spaced on that. lol bah .

I dont think Daniels lied about his injury I think he exagerated his "comeback" and he didnt realise that rg3 also tore his lcl which is a very different injury. the torn meniscus is also what really worries me, that stuff doesnt really heal.

absolutely , and that was my point after the ravens game, after the cowpies game and after the second q of the seahags game lol

wow, i cant believe I spaced on that. lol bah .

I dont think Daniels lied about his injury I think he exagerated his "comeback" and he didnt realise that rg3 also tore his lcl which is a very different injury. the torn meniscus is also what really worries me, that stuff doesnt really heal.

Daniels tore both his ACL & LCL.

Press Release: STATEMENT FROM JAMES R. ANDREWS, M.D., ANDREWS INSTITUTE REGARDING PROCEDURE PERFORMED ON ROBERT GRIFFIN III
STATEMENT FROM JAMES R. ANDREWS, M.D., ANDREWS INSTITUTE
REGARDING PROCEDURE PERFORMED ON ROBERT GRIFFIN III

"Robert Griffin III had successful knee surgery early this morning. He had a direct repair of his LCL and a re-do of his previous ACL reconstruction. We expect a full recovery and it is everybody's hope and belief that due to Robert's high motivation, he will be ready for the 2013 season.

The goal of his treatment is to give him the best opportunity for a long professional career."

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.