• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Why Keep Him In?

There wasn't anyone in chat that didn't want him pulled - it was obvious he couldn't run OR pass effectively. I've long thought we were cursed. And maybe we really are.

I have to admit, watching him run a 5.5 40 to the sidelines on read-option plays had me wanting him pulled as well...

Rumor from JSteelz and LL... ACL/PCL likely. Still waiting on official word. This is a long recovery process if true, requires full reconstruction, rest and then rehab. It's POSSIBLE Cousins is our quarterback for 2013 and we don't see Robert until 2014. That's worst case scenario, though.

Usually the PCL is torn along with the MCL, correct? Kind of strange to see an ACL/PCL tear.

Torn ACL/PCL basically destroys everything that makes him what he is.

Forever.

Shanny should be run out-of-town before dark. And yeah, I know Cutler was blasted for pulling himself out of a playoff game, but these aren't even remotely comparable.

Nick

I mean, if Adrian Peterson can tear an ACL and come back the next year to almost break the single-season rushing record, I think Griffin can come back also. It will be hard, and will take a LOT of rehab, but if anyone can do it, its Griffin. Well, if any TWO people can do it, its Griffin & Peterson.

I don't think you understand, Lanky.

AP had an ACL/MCL tear.

Griffin, if true, has an ACL/PCL. The PCL is the largest ligament in the knee and there is disagreement on how to handle that ligament. It's possible he's out until 2014, if not longer, worst case. And that's VERY real.

bottom line you weigh the benefit of winning a first round playoff game that you had no business being in anyway, versus the next 15 years of a players career. while this injury hopefully wont be a career ender, it is going to be career affecting.

the more I think about this today, the angrier I get, there simply is no excuse to put a guy behind that Oline when he is defenceless. now we have no choice but to play cousins next year, there is no way Rg3 comes back with the injury he had (according to pundits) before next season. worse yet it will be at least 2 seasons before he regains confidence in it, if the surgery is even effective. we basically just traded a ****load of picks for a guy who wont be at 100% mext year. awesome.

oh btw Eff you shanny

The other question is; Did anyone think he had a chance of playing next week even if he would have finished the game?

This decision was so stupid it's borderline bizzare. Especially when Shanahan says he wouldn't have played him if he thought he could further injure himself. Does this guy actually listen to what he says or is he just a ****in idiot?

He already has a injury, then obviously injured it some more to were he could barely walk, and then the whole ****in knee goes! What a ****in dumbass!!!

The opposite reasoning of keeping Jay Cutler out; moral victories that involve excessively hyping intangible qualities like toughness at the expense of losing the asset completely. And yes, RGIII was walking around; so the fan docs can also say he was just fine just like they did with Cutler.

There wasn't anyone in chat that didn't want him pulled - it was obvious he couldn't run OR pass effectively. I've long thought we were cursed. And maybe we really are.

The curse of Snyder! I was thinking the same thing today.... I'm not generally a supersticious man but jeebus, we've been in the tank for sooo long and now it seems the football gods won't let us have a good year and bow out gracefully. No, our success has to be trumped by a major catastrophy! Or so it seems......

Fingers crossed for tomorrows exam.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.