• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Bold Offseason Moves

Fear The Spear

The Legend
Reaction score
What splash should we make ?

This will probably create some waves, but I would like to see us trade Orakpo.
I think RJ has proven he can start, and the dropoff from Orakpo was not that huge, and we could get a real playmaker in return for him, at either receiver, corner, or safety

Last edited:
Until Orakpo and Davis for that matter show that they are again healthy, neither player is going to be of much value on the outside. As a free agent again, Davis will be lucky to get a vet minimum plus incentives deal.

No one mentioned Davis but you BT :) I'm not in favor of trading Orakpo, but I think you' re dead wrong that he wouldn't get serious interest.

GET PERCY HARVIN!!!! Come home Percy, come home....

I feel you on rak... But for me to be like "peace out" it'd have to be Calvin Johnson or Brandon Marshall or some other ridiculously unfairly talented receiver (which I know would never happen). anybody else and I'd be sore about it.

When healthy Percy can be explosive. The problem is he can't stay healthy. He's only played all 16 games once in his career.

Before this year though I think his main injury issue was migraines. He seems to have them under control now.

MeAngelo is expecting $7.5mill for next season, the 2nd last year of his contract, but I think he should/will be cut before his 2013 salary is due. Considering we are already some $18mill in the hole, his $7.5mill can be used for someone who is much more consistent.

Of others entering free agency at season's end:
LB Lorenzo Alexander: re-sign
WR Brandon Banks: gawn
NT Chris Baker: re-sign
TE Chris Cooley: gawn, again. If Davis and Paulsen return as #1 & 2, and Paul as the #3 (also returner), sadly, Cooley will again be excess to requirements. Maybe offer him a coaching position!
TE Fred Davis: re-sign
DE Kedric Golston: re-sign, due to D-line versatility.
CB Cedric Griffin: re-sign
QB Rex Grossman: gawn
LB Rob Jackson: re-sign. Filled in for 'Rak, and did an admirable job. Should be rewarded with a new contract.
S Tanard Jackson: who?
G Kory Lichtensteiger: re-sign
TE Logan Paulsen: re-sign
P Sav Rocca: re-sign, but age and injury could be a concern (he is 39yo now).
LS Nick Sundberg: If Rocca re-signs, then re-sign Sundberg. Kai Forbath signed for three years, so keep this unit together.
FS Madieu Williams: gawn
LB Chris Wilson: gawn
FB Darrel Young: A restricted FA, Kyle Shanahan has described him as the best FB in the NFL.

The list I got from a WP article, but the comments are mine.

For mine, the secondary should be a priority. Meriweather is expected back, but how will his knee hold up? If Hall is released, and the free agents NOT re-signed, we could be very thin in personnel.

'Rak and Carriker return to the middle of the defence, but the future of Fletcher remains to be seen. Is retirement on the cards?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.