• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

HOW This Game Was Managed Has Me Steamed

Sorry Fear, I'm just not buying that. Shanny's full of crap on that one. Any and everybody watching the game could see he was just a shadow of himself, from the limping "runs" to the consistently off target passes. Again, I hope all involved learned a lesson from this because their collective stubbornness cost us this game IMO. I just hope it doesn't end up costing us and Robert long-term.

Shanny is full of **** and he has been known to ride players hard (terrell davis, Darryl Gardner) and play them through injuries. Im not upset that we lost, I am upset that shanny let his ego and his desire for self aggrandisement possibly screw us. anyone with a brain saw on that INT that Griffs leg slipped at first I thought I saw it buckle but it just slipped because he couldnt drive off that leg, but when we saw him limping obviously on that boot, he should have been pulled NO MATTER WHAT HE SAID.

Now as a caveat, we probably wouldnt have even been in the plyoffs without shanny, and when we stay true to his scheme and RUN THE GODDAMN BALL WITH STRETCH PLAYS AND ZONE CONCEPTS we are dangerous, but when we start running straight tosses and when he makes such glaring idiot moves gambling our future, it bothers me.

a wise man posted on my facebook that its like having a rich uncle who is an alchoholic. he does so much that we like, but then pulls idiot moves that make you shake your head

Shanahan and son together derailed the pain train. The Butler had what? 16 carries? WTF is that in a game where the Skins had the lead for the majority of the game? RG3 should have came out in the second quarter. If it was obvious to me, it should be obvious to ****ing NFL coaches. For ****s sake, I'm freaking raging over here...
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

Shanahan and son together derailed the pain train. The Butler had what? 16 carries? WTF is that in a game where the Skins had the lead for the majority of the game?

Not to mention, was averaging over 5 yards a carry, at the time, as well as totalling 200 yards the week prior.

I smell a conspiracy.

Aliens are involved.

The proof in the pudding was that the Redskins had less than 100 yards after the first quarter.

If limping around was not the signal point, then the lack of production certainly was.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

I'm with Beans.

The Seahawks could NOT stop the run and Alfred Morris. Kyle went back to the Kyle of weeks 1-9, where he abandoned the run early, trying to get too fancy. 16 carries in a game that we held the lead for three quarters is ridiculous! Absolutely ridiculous.

I agree that Griffin probably should have come out of the game, but I'm much more angered by the lack of a running game.

Another viewpoint RE: Griffin's knee - many here (including myself) gave Jay Cutler a LOT of grief for not playing on a bum knee last year. How many here would have given Griffin the same grief had he been pulled? People are acting like Griffin was begging to come out of the game, which is simply not the case. Yes, maybe Cousins should have gone in earlier, but I'm not convinced he would have been able to win the game.

First of all, I don't think any of us think Griffin wanted to come out. We all expect him to want to play. That's his job. We also expect the coach to be able to see what all of us could plainly see. The kid couldn't play.

While I agree with you that we should have been running the ball more, there's no 'probably' about whether or not Griffin should have been pulled. He absolutely, positively, and in all other ways should have come out of the game. My guess is the reason we didn't run the ball more was because the Seahawks were selling out to stop the run and we were trying to beat that. When we clearly couldn't with Griffin in there he should have come out. Waiting until his knee completely gives out and he's collapsed on the ground unable to move with the ball sitting right next to him is inexcusable.

Yeah, he couldn't play. His throws were garbage, and he could barely walk, let alone run. He wasn't throwing the ball well against Dallas either, but he played that whole game. Who knows...its over now.

Yeah, he couldn't play. His throws were garbage, and he could barely walk, let alone run. He wasn't throwing the ball well against Dallas either, but he played that whole game. Who knows...its over now.

Dallas was dumb enough to sell out to stop Griffin's intermediate passing game. God bless those fools. :)

Another thing to mention is that Grossman was inactive. If Cousins goes down, you're left with direct snaps to Morris all day, which might have been more effective than Griffin. I don't know. I'm still in shock, really.

I was screaming at the TV when we ran the toss , we simply arent good enough on the Oline to run man blocking. why the eff were we trying to run that Toss when the zone was working so well? the difference cousins would have made wasnt just his throwing but the fact that seattle wouldnt have been able to sell out against the run because cousins is mobile enough to boot.

I'm with Beans.

The Seahawks could NOT stop the run and Alfred Morris.

I beg to differ. In the first qtr, before Griff got hurt on the sideline throw, Morris was 8 for 49 and after Griff hurt his knee Morris was 8 for 31. Those are very different numbers. Not to mention our field position sucked much of the afternoon after we scored those two TDs and we had a couple of drives stall with dropped passes on 3rd and long.

I beg to differ. In the first qtr, before Griff got hurt on the sideline throw, Morris was 8 for 49 and after Griff hurt his knee Morris was 8 for 31. Those are very different numbers.

Very different, but that does not mean the latter was poor.
He went from an excellent average to a good average.
With the latter being 8 for 31, that's just about 4 yards a carry......
not dominating, but certainly not "shut down". And with it not being shut down, it certainly was no reason to abandon it.

Jesus. I'm still raging, with most of my ire directed at Shanahan. RG3 is a 22 year old kid playing in the biggest game of his football life. Of course he's going to say he's fine. Shanahan is a 60 year old coach that should know better. I can't believe I'm about to type this, but the Skins might have been better off losing to Dallas...

I can't believe I'm about to type this, but the Skins might have been better off losing to Dallas...

Problem is, the lesson for Shanahan and Griffin had to be learned eventually and somehow. The lack of a scenario that would have caused a mistake, does not clear a person from ever making that mistake again, in a similar scenario. They are bound to make that mistake at some point, if they have a "flawed theory" in their head, that does not, and will not, change until experience teaches them. Because that person truly has yet to learn, what they were destined to learn what they were lacking.

Eventually they both had to learn that lesson. Hopefully, they learned it this time. And if so - better sooner, than later. Especially, if we weren't going to be champs this year anyway. For when the year comes when we're ready to become champs, as a complete team, we should not have to worry about that unnecessary mistake being an issue. Rather, we got it out of the way, in a year, when expectations were not to be Super Bowl Champs.

Now, I see the probably point you're making, which is likely that this gaffe may have cost RG3's long-term health, and be ir-reversible, and ir-reconcilable, health-wise. As far as that's concerned, let's wait and see on the prognosis of his knee, before we declare RG3 as "permanently damaged goods" physically.

Last edited:
I beg to differ. In the first qtr, before Griff got hurt on the sideline throw, Morris was 8 for 49 and after Griff hurt his knee Morris was 8 for 31. Those are very different numbers. Not to mention our field position sucked much of the afternoon after we scored those two TDs and we had a couple of drives stall with dropped passes on 3rd and long.

Lick was terrible and got flat out beat until he left the game, running left was not very solid until lerib came in. even then we had success when we ran zone and read option but none when we tried to run that short toss, that short toss requires the guard and the tackle to beat their man and make a hole, the stretch and zone let the back find a seam. when we started running those tosses, it killed us, instead of second and short we had third and long.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.