• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Do The Redskins Win More Than 3 Games?

Bulldog

The All-Time Great
Reaction score
The Chiefs at 0-5 are up next. I would consider that game a 'toss up' for the Redskins. I don't see them as a favorite in any games after that, with most coming against clubs either vying for the playoffs or division opponents more than happy to smack this club down.

So, the question: Do the Redskins win a game after KC?

Does Zorn get the 16 games so that Washington ends up with a top 3 pick which will be attractive to a new HC for 2010?

Or is there change for change sake after the bye with the club perhaps rallying for 1 or 2 late wins?

This team could challenge the 1994 Redskins under Turner that finished 3-13 for the worst record since the merger.

They'll be luckly to win two more games

The rest of the NFC East will ass rape us

I think the chiefs look better than us right now. I think we will be lucky to pull off 3 more wins. If we had a brain we could probably get a dominant LT in the first and a good RT in the second. Samuels has been one of my favorite all time but he can't go on forever. I think we need total rebuild. Maybe we can trade Dan Snyder for a 7th rounder and Viny for a 6th rounder. I think we then could start the rebuild.

Could you imagine us losing to the Raiders? I can.

We will win one game that is completely unexpected. Not a big stretch, I guess, since any win at this point would be.

Last edited:
KC will win. The skins have no offense.

The real question is when the inevitable firings come, how sweeping will they be, and will it make any difference down the road. There could be a lot of 3 win seasons in the future at this point.

I really hope we don't have a lot of 3 win seasons in front of us.

I still believe this defense has the pieces to be playoff caliber. Some schematic adjustments and addititions (i.e. FS, SAM) need to be made but overall I think this can be a competitive unit for the next 2-3 years.

It is scary to think about trying to replace guys like Griffin, Fletcher, and Smoot as they age given the lack of prospects on the roster. Ideally guys like Blades, Tyron, and Barnes will step up but the FO's track record isn't good here. IMO a glass-half-empty view of things is pretty grim after the 2-3 year window closes.

The offense is done though. So many changes need to be made. I'm not sure how this can be rectified in any sort of a painless way.

seriously,
when you look at the O starters would you keep any of them, except Cooley?

Maybe Samuels, Dockery, Moss and Kelly (developing).

Right now that's about it.

This game was a complete disappointment but predictable. Did anyone here honestly expect a different result. Let's see...

Offense was anemic - check
Defense could not come up with crucial stops - check
Poor time out management - check
Winless opponent - check
Orakpo burned playing coverage - check (play him at DE you IDIOTS)
Let's throw in a Special Teams flub for good measure - check

It's a shame it's come to this, but I didn't expect us to beat a WINLESS team this week. I knew we'd find some way to lose. I think a lot of the fans are starting to put down the Kool-aid and see things in DC for what they are, a complete mess....again. Maybe I should say as usual. It's going to be a long week.

Ya Cooley, Samuels (for however much time he has left), and I'm not sure about much else. Never was a fan of Dock....he is pretty limited but I guess other line positions are worse off. Hell its all pretty bad.

Like I said before the rebuild isn't not going to be painless but I do wonder how much worse that it is now it will get. I imagine like a St. Louis style offense. Thats probably what we will be looking at. Worst case scenario is we go from current production to St. Louis like production. Fun.

What made me mad I suppose is that this game was closer than I thought and the Skins SHOULD have won it.

I had them losing straight up and I guess it was the fact that despite having no offense, yet leading through three qtrs and making me watch them blow said 15 point lead is the worst part.

Here was my thoughts on the game before it started:
1PM Redskins (2-2) @ Panthers (0-3) (Panthers favored by 3.5)
You know me. I normally take the Skins, because I'm such a homer. That streak ends today. The Skins are 0-2 on the road. They have been really mediocre all year. Zorn is about to be fired. Lewis comes in to be a "Bob" and Portis/Sellers are fighting. Add to that with a poor run D, the fact that Carolina is much better than their record shows. I expect Carolina to really trounce the Skins on the O-line. Man, I hope I'm wrong.
Prediction: Panthers 26-13 (I wouldn't be surprised if it was much worse)

Had this happened, maybe I turn the TV off at halftime and do something else....although the BGO chat was fun.

I missed the chat for the last two weeks. It was probably for the better. Not for the company of course, but because I'm not fun to be around when I'm angry. I guess anger beats apathy.

To the original question of the thread. No, at this point I see nothing that leads me to think we'll win more than maybe one more game this season. Just don't ask me to tell you which one.

Last edited:
Hog,
we turned Brian Billick into a drinking game......he only said Smoke route about 100 times (god he's horrible).

generally, the chat kept me from getting too pissed off

Hog,
we turned Brian Billick into a drinking game......he only said Smoke route about 100 times (god he's horrible).

Agreed. Another offensive "genius" who failed to get an offense going in a long tenure in Baltimore. Tell us all how it's done coach. ......putz.

We'll win at least two more: One we don't expect at all and one division game. Other than that I make no promises.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

KC will win. The skins have no offense.

The real question is when the inevitable firings come, how sweeping will they be, and will it make any difference down the road. There could be a lot of 3 win seasons in the future at this point.

Bob, if you're keeping count the Skins win ever other game against a team with no wins. We beat the Rams, lost to the Lions, beat the Bucs, lost to the Panthers so now it's time to keep the Chiefs unwon. I know the odds are against us but we have "the pattern" in our favor. :joker:

Jim Zorn Countdown clock

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ko89hiGLUS8&feature=player_embedded[/media]

Even when we were up by more than one TD, I fully expected us to tank it at the end. And to their credit, the Skins managed not to disappoint me.

I think we'll probably squeek by the Raiders and maybe get one more win if we're lucky. Then of course comes the inevitable Zorn firing followed by the hiring of a big name head coach. We then proceed to return to our usual hovering area around .500 with the occasional 5 or 6 win season here and there. Snyder gets tired of big name coach "underperforming" and fires him to go on to the next big thing.

Wash, rinse, repeat. Wash, rinse, repeat. Wash, rinse, repeat. etc.

Bob, if you're keeping count the Skins win ever other game against a team with no wins. We beat the Rams, lost to the Lions, beat the Bucs, lost to the Panthers so now it's time to keep the Chiefs unwon. I know the odds are against us but we have "the pattern" in our favor. :joker:

You could be right. I do sense a definite pattern when I watch them play. :whoknows:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.