• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

D'Angelo Hall is a girl

Sarge

OK, so not quite the level discourse we're looking for here.

Didn't watch the game because I could see this coming, but I did watch the NFL "highlights". My seven year old could have tackled Delhomme in the open field like that .

But you know why Delhomme made that play? Because he WANTED it. And Hall did not because he's going to go back to DC and cash another Vinny paycheck

Anybody miss Springs?

Thanks Vinny

True - although I'll point out he at least contributes to as many positive plays as negative - guy did have a crucial interception and nearly scored. When's the last time we had a player, ANY player, in our secondary who consistently hauled in interceptions prior to Hall?

Not making excuses for him, but he has more upside than 1/2 our roster right now.

And no - count me among those that doesn't particularly miss Springs - the ultimate 'show me the money' player, not to mention brittle as a sand dollar.

I'm pissed at Hall for that play.

However, I agree with Boone. Hall brings a play making ability to the secondary that no one else back there posesses. We need a guy with that skill set.

Unfortunately, he is also weak at the point of attack and not great at man-to-man. Ultimately I'm not suprised he didn't make that tackle because I know he isn't good in those spots. But it doesn't mean I hate him being on the team. Simply, he is what he is.

Anyway, this game isn't on the defense. They put the team in a postition to win. I'll rethink my position on Hall if his play becomes the difference between winning and a losing. At this point though we have bigger fish to fry.

Hall has had the chance to make plays in the open field each week and has failed to do so almost across the board.

While he has admitted he has not played well, it doesn't really make me feel a lot better about the contract he was just given.

All that money and this may be the best we see.

I'm pissed at Hall for that play.

However, I agree with Boone. Hall brings a play making ability to the secondary that no one else back there posesses. We need a guy with that skill set.

Unfortunately, he is also weak at the point of attack and not great at man-to-man. Ultimately I'm not suprised he didn't make that tackle because I know he isn't good in those spots. But it doesn't mean I hate him being on the team. Simply, he is what he is.

Anyway, this game isn't on the defense. They put the team in a postition to win. I'll rethink my position on Hall if his play becomes the difference between winning and a losing. At this point though we have bigger fish to fry.

He can't tackle

My point would simply be, of all the things to pick on, hammering the guy who forced a defensive turnover and netted us (ultimately) a touchdown, Hall isn't on my top 10 list of concerns.

My point would simply be, of all the things to pick on, hammering the guy who forced a defensive turnover and netted us (ultimately) a touchdown, Hall isn't on my top 10 list of concerns.

Most assuredly there are others deserving of wrath. Not that I even get worked up about it anymore. But Hall in indicative of what's wrong with this "organization". The big, splashy Dan/Vin ny signing

we need to cross breed "hands of stone" and "cant tackle" to get a single decent player. At least "laundry" has been behaving although disappearing to do so. "Trying" seems to be playing ok though.

Wow! So half you guys are okay with Hall because his good plays and his poor plays cancel each other out. That's real sad. Real Sad.

Wow! So half you guys are okay with Hall because his good plays and his poor plays cancel each other out. That's real sad. Real Sad.

I'm not happy with Hall's shortcommings Bill. I wish he was a complete player like #28. I really do.

At this point though I don't think our problems like with a guy that makes some plays for a unit that is, or at least can be, pretty competitive. Every mistake made by the defense is magnified because the offense can't cover up for anything and usually just makes things worse.

This team would still be 2-3 if we had #28 out there.

Dr. FrankenDeadman here with some ideas to make the Redskins better:

Merge Carlos and Hall together to make the ultimate corner
Put Collins brain in Campbell's body to make a great QB
Combine Tryon/Smoots speed with Kevin Barnes size/hitting ability you have another decent corner.

Take the Speed and Skills of Moss and combine it with Malcolm Kelly and you'd have a player like Calvin Johnson.........

BWAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!! (cue creepy/campy horror music and/or "Monster Mash")

edit: still can't fix the O-line with what I got though, sorry.

You can't call out the defense at ALL this game. Yeah, maybe Hall missed a tackle, but they hand-delivered two touchdowns to the offense (thankfully the O was able to punch it in from 10 yards and 1 yard, otherwise this game would have been a lot uglier), and held Carolina to 20 points. I mean, you hold a horrible team like Carolina to 20 points, it should be an easy W.

Outside of Fletcher, McIntosh, and Doughty we don't tackle well. Tackling well is part coaching and part attitude.

Hall should have made the tackle, but again it shouldn't have come down to him making an open field tackle for us to try and score with 2 minute offense.
Missing that tackle put us out of misery sooner. I seriously doubt our OL could have helped us execute a 2 minute drive (with no timeouts). Peppers and Panthers DL would have had smelt blood.

Do feel like Hall is giving it his all. Sometimes he takes chances and gets burned, then again since been here has like 5 or 6 int's. No one else comes close to that number.

Greg Blache is already in short time mode. Get the feeling he can't wait to retire and call Bingo.

Hall's interception return (1 play) = 44 yards.
The Redskins offense (52 plays) = 198 yards.

He may be a girl, but he represents 22% of the offense, and after the TD which followed his pick, the team had a 15 point lead.

Yes, he sucks at tackling. Yes, his lack of tackling gave them the first down they needed to close.

But the real problem isn't Hall. It's the fact that we can't maintain a 15 point lead against a winless team because the offensive line is about as effective as a wet paper bag trying to protect a quarterback whose vision is almost as bad as Jamarcus Russell.

The fact that we're having to depend on Hall to make tackles to win games is the real problem. The fact that we have no depth, anywhere, is the real problem. The fact that we field a team that hasn't been coached to get the hell out of the way when a fair catch is called is the real problem.

Hall is not without his faults, but his ability to catch and make plays in the secondary gives this horrible offense a chance, so to put the blame on him alone is just ludicrous.

To be honest, at this point, I'd say Fletcher is far and away the MVP of this team, and Hall, as bad as he's looked on occasion, is probably second.

Sad, but true.

Let's see.

The Rams have given up 28, 36, 35 and 38 points to the rest of the league.
We scored 9 on them.

The Lions have given up 45, 27, 48 and 28 points to the rest of the league.
We scored 14 on them.

The Bucs have given up 34, 33, 24 and 33 points to the rest of the league.
We scored 16 on them. The first three set up by a Hall INT.

The Panthers have given up 38, 28 and 21 points to the rest of the league.
We scored 17 on them. Seven of them set up by a Hall INT.

Our banner day on offense was apparently against the Giants, when we scored 17 on a pretty good defense. Of course, 3 of those points were set up by a Hall INT as well.

DeAngelo Hall's tackling ability is so far down the list of problems with this team I'm not sure it's even worth mention. Without his INTs to set up points we'd literally never score more than two TDs on anyone, including the worst collection of defenses ever assembled in a four-game stretch.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.