• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

D'Angelo Hall is a girl

Wow...Aston and Henry just shut this thread down. Nice work, gentlemen.

On a side note, I just cried a little after reading Henry's post.

Oh, I didn't say he was the root of all problems. I just said that my seven year old could have made that tackle on a busted up old QB. Know why? Because he would have STAYED HOME. Like a good player should. Like a player that makes umpteen billions of dollars is paid to do. Boring I know, but it pays the same as over-running with the rest of the team to stop a fake handoff.

Fair enough Sarge. I just really wanted to bitch about our offense. :)

I didnt see the play.. i was at work.. but i've heard it was absolutely embarassing. Hall has been a playmaker... he's made more picks and set up a lot of points.... In fact we've scored what... a 3rd of our offensive production over the 5 games we've played becausee of the plays he's set up? Bottom line is we shouldnt have even needed to stop Delhomme in that situation. Like i said in another thread, i believe Hall is a professional and being a professional includes improving his game wherever it may need to be... but i dont think Hall is to blame for us losing that game.

Very few players at any position are immune from making a bonehead play now and again-good teams can recover from things like that with their overall level of play on both offense and defense.

The Redskins, unfortunately, seem to be in the position of having to accept the downside of the occasional missed tackle in order to have a viable INT threat.

Very few players at any position are immune from making a bonehead play now and again-good teams can recover from things like that with their overall level of play on both offense and defense.

The Redskins, unfortunately, seem to be in the position of having to accept the downside of the occasional missed tackle in order to have a viable INT threat.
This was going to be my exact reply to Henry's post Surv. You absolutely channelled me on this to the point that it's scary.
11.gif
To your comment I would only add that Henry is correct about Hall's turnovers helping to cover for our offensive ineptitude. However good teams don't regularly put themselves into the position of needing a deeply flawed player like D. Hall to have a shot at winning.

On a side note, I just cried a little after reading Henry's post.
You cried, I threw up in my mouth a little. :(

It makes you wonder ... are these players un-coachable? Or is the coaching just not there?

I understand that no player is perfect, but I have a really hard time believing a professional athlete can be taught how to catch an easily catchable ball, or to dive at a players legs to make a routine tackle.

It makes you wonder ... are these players un-coachable? Or is the coaching just not there?

I understand that no player is perfect, but I have a really hard time believing a professional athlete can be taught how to catch an easily catchable ball, or to dive at a players legs to make a routine tackle.

Good question, AG, in college Hall demonstrated the physical talents that would seem to be necessary for a CB-this from Wikipedia-(I know, but this time Wiki seems to at least have the numbers right)

Hall recorded 190 tackles, 20 passes defensed, eight interceptions, two forced fumbles, one fumble recovery and seven receptions for 86 yards with one touchdown in his three-year career at Virginia Tech. He returned 56 punts for 839 yards and five touchdowns. His 839 yards rank third on the Big East Conference career-record chart while his five returns for touchdowns rank second in conference history.

Granted this is college-level play and not NFL-level play-which, to me, would bring up a question. Wouldn't it be considered an NFL coaching responsibility to take demonstrated physical skills and help bring them to the level needed for pro football-and/or determine if those skills can be brought to the required level?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.