• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

Kind of a gamble, that we're taking up a roster spot on an injured O-lineman, when virtually our entire line is banged up, and we could use every roster spot we could get, for a healthy OL.
I'm guessing it's an indication of how highly they think of Kalis, and regret leaving him on the PS earlier.

So Dan Patrick has joined the fray and started spouting off about how he had a source that told him none of Kirk's receivers like him.

I guess Bruce is cranking the leak machine back up to paint Cousins in a bad light and grease the skids out of town.

This is what pisses me off about the team anymore: Instead of building a good team that can contend..and thus keeping this type of crap at a minimum...they flounder around at or below .500 and the gossip and innuendo flows.......

Thanks Dan!

Last edited:
Or, maybe it's true.

Gruden's "system" spreads the ball around, by design. Thus making it hard for anyone to put up consistently big numbers. Not having a bonafide, "scare the bejesus" out of you type of #1 WR doesn't help either. Maybe Crook misses seeing more wide open receivers than the average QB. Who knows? WR's are the divas of football. Not unusual to complain about touches. Not beyond the media to take statement like, "None of us likes that the QB doesn't zero in on us more", and report it as, "None of the receivers like #8 ."

Of course, that doesn't play into the "Dan Is The Debil" screech. Or the, "Allen Is The Grinch" chant.
But it's possible.

Just because you like the guy, doesn't automatically mean anything negative said about him, isn't true to a certain degree.

Geez.

If you can't see that this Front Office is inherently incompetent, there's really no more need to discuss it with you.

McCloughan told them three years ago to sign Kirk now and not get left holding the bag. Bruce over ruled.

All because he was more concerned with his ego, than doing what was right for the franchise.

And the deal offered by Kirk's agent back then? $20 million/yr. Which would be a bargain today.

It's not about fan boy love in regards to Kirk. It's about this franchise having no foresight and undervaluing their own free agents. Fact is, they trust other teams' free agents more than the guys they drafted.

Why is that?

IMO, If Kirk was an upcoming free agent with Cincy or any other team, with his current resume, Bruce would be tripping all over himself to get him in the building and signed.

This team just mismanages a majority of it's football decisions on a regular basis.

Geez.

If you can't see that this Front Office is inherently incompetent, there's really no more need to discuss it with you.
They make plenty of mistakes, for sure. But it's doubtful they're as bad as their most ardent haters make them out to be. I do hope you're not serious about only conversing with people who believe exactly what you do. ;)

McCloughan told them three years ago to sign Kirk now and not get left holding the bag. Bruce over ruled.
So says the drunk. And once again, signing Crook 3yrs would have been an okay guess, nothing more. He was barely removed from the "Turnover Machine" period of his tenure. No matter how much his defenders want to try and re-write history.
All because he was more concerned with his ego, than doing what was right for the franchise.
Show me someone who claims to have no ego, and I'll show you a liar.
And the deal offered by Kirk's agent back then? $20 million/yr. Which would be a bargain today.
And it would still be more than he's worth. IMHO. I know, market value yadda yadda.
Crook, like most QB's in the league, is capable of winning a Super Bowl, provided the team around him, the whole team, is above average-to great. He has not shown an ability to put the team on his shoulders and carry them there, simply on skill, and his will. He's been slightly above average most of the time, in the average game. He still has Brightlightitus. I know someone will pay him stupid money. Like we have the last 2 seasons. But unless he signs with a team that's only missing adequate QB play, he's more likely to fail, than not. Again, IMHO.
It's not about fan boy love in regards to Kirk. It's about this franchise having no foresight and undervaluing their own free agents. Fact is, they trust other teams' free agents more than the guys they drafted.
This has been much less the case for a while now.

IMO, If Kirk was an upcoming free agent with Cincy or any other team, with his current resume, Bruce would be tripping all over himself to get him in the building and signed.
That's your humble opinion. Seemingly based more on the front office's pre-Allen days.
This team just mismanages a majority of it's football decisions on a regular basis.
Based on reporting by the media, especially the local vermin, who's anti Redskins fervor taints every word they report, you're right. But none of us knows the real reasons their decisions are based on. Nor does anybody have the right to know. All we can do is speculate. And speculation is tainted by the beholders own personal biases.
We are ALL guilty of it.

Actually, the local vermin are disputing that there are any issues between Cousins and our WRs :)

What's most obvious is that the minute there's nothing on the field of relevance to discuss about the Redskins, it's time to start with the innuendo and rumor mill.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scary.

Maybe they're just lining themselves up behind the Crook camp, so if/when he leaves they can continue to bludgeon everything Redskin.

any team that is out of the running this early is going to have this crap crop up. If there's nothing positive to talk about on the field, they look for any negative off the field to justify the on field play.

Scott Campbell has been with the Redskins for 17 years. Alex Santos for 12 years. 121-150-1 since 2000 with Campbell. Why are they both still here?

Rick Snider's tweet today:

‘I'd pay zero attention to Dan Patrick's report on Redskins receivers not liking Cousins. It's just nonsense. If it was a beat writer reporting I might consider it, but this smells like an agent causing trouble.'

Being down on the Redskins org is no justification for believing every unsupported rumor and conspiracy theory thrown at the wall.

Rick Snider's tweet today:

‘I'd pay zero attention to Dan Patrick's report on Redskins receivers not liking Cousins. It's just nonsense. If it was a beat writer reporting I might consider it, but this smells like an agent causing trouble.'

Being down on the Redskins org is no justification for believing every unsupported rumor and conspiracy theory thrown at the wall.

Dieselpwr44 said:
This is what pisses me off about the team anymore: Instead of building a good team that can contend..and thus keeping this type of crap at a minimum..

I never believed the rumor.

My lament is that this could all be avoided if the team was just competent: on the field and off.

Or it could be avoided by sports personalities actually talking about real facts instead of making shit up :)

I understand the frustration but I personally prefer getting outraged over actual real events and circumstances - which already provides a wealth of opportunity.

The challenge with the Garcon and Jackson decisions was always short-term vs. long-term.

If we're just looking at this season, letting those two go crippled our passing game. Had Reed been able to stay on the field, and had either Pryor or Doctson become an impact WR, we might've been able to weather the storm. Had the OL not been hit with devastating injuries, the impact might've been diminished as well. But those guys haven't developed (Doctson has, at best, had a handful of great catches but is hardly a consistent contributor) and Pryor has been a total bust to date.

Personally, I'd have like to have seen us keep Pierre. But I can understand not signing big LTDs with two guys clearly on the downside of their careers. If you look at the big picture it makes sense. It's actually the kind of hard decision that really good teams like the Patriots make time after time.

I think it's too early to judge if it was a stupid decision or a smart one. If we sign Pryor at a bargain, and it turns out 2017 was a bump in the road and he takes off, if Doctson turns the corner and becomes 'the guy', and if Crowder continues to improve, the decision to let two overpriced aging vets go may look a lot better in a couple years.

We need to shore up our TE situation. Either commit to developing Jeremy Sprinkle, or find a long-term replacement for Jordan Reed who is no longer a reliable starter. He's probably the most talented TE in Redskins history. But he's one big concussion away from retirement, and even if that never happens, he can't stay on the field long enough to be a major contributor on offense.

Yeah, I'm in the "should've at least kept Garcon" camp.

I thought at the time, and still do, if you're gonna overpay the Crook, you better keep his top receivers too.

The loss of Rice Paper Reed compounded the loss of Garcon and Jackson. The loss of all 3 made it even harder to function after the injury bug started biting.

Hopefully, the receivers we have now have learned the system well enough to make next year a smoother transition for the new starting QB.

Maybe one day, after the season is over, Ax could sit down and tell us how Kirk Cousins is a crook ?

Be some nice fire side reading while we watch Bruce botch another offseason.

Last edited:
Pretty easy Diesel.

He's received $40 mil for 2 years, and produced back to back failures to take the team to the playoffs. That's the kind of money he's made.
I consider it highway robbery.

Anyone want to tell me how Colt McCoy couldn't have done the same thing for less than $6 mil?

Oh that's right, HE has a trophy in the Stats Case. That helps HIM make a ton of money.

And, he's still tied with RGIII in playoff W's. :movefast:

I'm sorry Ax, does he run the ball and play defense too?

Aaron Rodgers has only been to one SuperBowl in his whole career and the Packers haven't won jack crap even though he's considered the best QB in the league.

He must be a stat champ too, right? Could get the same results with Hundley(sitting home in Feb.) at a cheaper price, right?

Redskins are now 0-2 against the 'easy' back end of the schedule :wall:

Time to think about draft pick order and shutting guys down to get them healthy for 2018.

The Redskins are pretty much locked into that 3rd spot in the NFC East regardless of what they do the rest of December in any event.

If Kirk Cousins needs two 1,000 yard capable wide receivers and an offensive line with 3 pro bowl caliber players (Redskins in 2015, 2016) to be successful in the NFL, then I wish him and his new team well.

Few of the teams out there looking for quarterbacks going into the offseason offer that kind of offensive support.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 5, Members: 0, Guests: 5)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.