• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

Sharing is fine. I think he's probably a good guy. JP Finlay even tries to straighten him out but he's just tone deaf...

If I can keep from CNN'ing stories I will, no need in giving drama queens clicks. I usually get tidbits from bleacher report, yardbarker fringe sites and really dislike the sensationalism types. You guys in the relative area get much more accurate news than what I can googly

Few tidbits

Feel fortunate to have never actually heard a Russell radio show.

This past week, when he stirred up the whole "Trent's pissed because they drafted Geron Christian last year" BS and when questioned on twitter about it, basically admitted he made it up....sealed his fate for me.

When Kevin Sheehan has Thom Loverro on his podcast, it basically ruins the show because Loverro turns the whole show into a Redskins bash fest and drags Kevin down the dark side rabbit hole. They basically cannot point to one positive about the team when Loverro is on.

After giving Loverro a couple of listens(previously had never heard him before) I no longer listen when he's on.

John Keim is a consistent dude. He'll point out both good and bad and you don't feel like you're brow beat with the bad. Can't wait for his Camp coverage on his pod.

JP Finaly I like too because he doesn't try to brow beat you either,imo.

Haven't heard all of the DC media but damn if Russell and Loverro don't try to suck every bit of positive energy out of an already worn out fanbase.

Yes - I agree with all of that. And not like guys like Keim, Finlay, and Bram are homers - far from it. But they don't get down and roll around in the mud and stay there. Loverro is not only full of hate and scorn, he's a nasty MFer when fans don't immediately lap up what he's selling. It's somehow personal for him and I refuse to listen to him or read his stuff. I'm thankful there are some quality sportswriters and broadcasters out there for us at all.

7e042c8b0410ea8d44fc492681bc8b36.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ya know that has to feel good.

You could shuffle every single one of those names after the top ten or so without raising much of an eyebrow. If you don't have a winning regular season record and playoff wins - that's bad, but it's also the norm for most of these coaches.

I'm not defending Gruden - I agree that until you consistently get it done, you aren't getting it done. But when you look at that list, all but 6-10 of these HCs are unproven, struggling at some level, guys. Failure is common at that level and that's why the job turnover in that spot is out of control.

Last edited:
The disconcerting thing is, after 5yrs, he doesn't instill any more confidence than a rookie head coach, with zero experience.

The disconcerting thing is, after 5yrs, he doesn't instill any more confidence than a rookie head coach, with zero experience.

But there is consistency at the head coach position!

:instigate:

You know what I'm going to say. You and El will discount it as ‘excuses', so there's not any point in discussing.

Well, the last couple years of injuries certainly haven't helped. But even with a full roster, he's as likely to lose, as he is to win.

Still too much of a buddy, instead of the boss.

His watch only counts up to 48 seconds per minute. And, there's no second hand.

And it may well be just "looks", but he has the worst in-game body language of anyone I remember, when things don't go as he had expected.

And, he's a one trick pony on game day. There's plan A, and nothing else.

But sure, we can talk injury.

You know what I'm going to say. You and El will discount it as ‘excuses', so there's not any point in discussing.

Let me say this in your defense...you are 100% correct that we need some consistency at the HC position, but after year 3 with the tremendous disaster to end the season, there was undeniable regression from the division winning season the year before.

That was our first indication he was an midland head coach. And while injuries didn't help the next 2 seasons, his poor coaching should have gotten him fired at the end of last season. No matter the peripheral issues, he displayed a lack of ability that deserved termination.

I have a feeling Norval Gruden could take a lousy team and finish 7-9 to 9-7 in the NFL.

I also believe he would have finished 7-9 to 9-7 with the ‘91 Redskins. It's just his nature.

Non-existent to lousy adjustments, lousy clock management mediocre Offensive game plans, worst body language I think I've ever seen in a “leader”... actually, 7-9 feels like a miracle.

Sonny Jurgensen has announced his last Skins game.

What a career on and off the field. Won't be the same without him.

Sonny Jurgensen has announced his last Skins game.

What a career on and off the field. Won't be the same without him.

Gonna miss the big smile and laugh of his and seeing the random shots of him in the booth puffing on that big cigar.

Sigh...another vestige of my youth fades out

Sonny was the great bridge with the Redskins. He was there to play with fellow HOFers Mitchell and Taylor, he was there when Lombardi arrived, was there when the Redskins went to the Super Bowl with Allen, etc.

When his playing career was over he then went on to become the most well-known sports personality in media in Washington for 38 years, along the way taking fans through 4 Super Bowls under Joe Gibbs.

Sonny through his presence kept the window to a rich history open and it is up to Haskins and the younger players on this team to build a future that fits in with what came before them, and before the silliness we saw here from 2000-20015.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 7, Members: 0, Guests: 7)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.