• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

I still don't get that ejection. Well, let me state it this way. If that is an ejection then the hit on Quinn, who is in a much more vulnerable position and has defenseless player protection, should also warrant an ejection. Olsen doesn't have defenseless player projection since he's a runner. Not to mention he lowered his own head when the contact was coming making the hit worse. Again, I'm not saying that the hit on Olsen shouldn't be an ejection, but a worse hit should then also be an ejection.

I thought the same thing. I don't think Anderson had multiple personal fouls either, so that reasoning was ruled out.
So the only reasonable explanation I could come up with, is it being due to the "star power" of Olsen, far exceeding that of Quinn.

So... we all wanted that high draft pick.

But in typical Redskins fashion... The Skins are still in Playoff contention.

With 4 games to play we're only 3 games back AND we have games at all of our rivals to come.

Could you not just see this being the effed up result of this season. It seems typically Redskinsian.

*runs and hides!*

That was the most dominant overall half we've had in a long while. Obviously - our offense is still a major work in progress. I'm seeing some progress with Haskins who is still missing some throws but also made some great ones and had several big ones dropped. It's sort of stunning to see our entire receiving corps and a star running back who are all youngsters who can play. I think part of what's happening on defense is that we have some major DL talent and they are starting to gel. You're seeing walk-on guys who are having success getting to the QB because the interior defenders are collapsing the pocket. Add in that Moreau and Dunbar are coming on and the pressure we have put on the QB the past few games would stymie most offenses. Carolina is not a great team, but they do have talent on offense and a decent D. We absolutely shut their O down in the 2nd half. I haven't seen us frustrate a team that much in years.

I'm not a Callahan guy. But something is going on. While I would love for us to have a top 3 pick, I did enjoy staying up late last night to watch the game on Gamecast.

Definitely the best game of the season. It's been a long time since we dominated on both sides of the line.

Also, looks like benching Norman was the right call. Who would've guessed? :)

If the Skins are turning the corner from historically horrible to garden-variety bad, they could conceivably win any of the remaining division games. 4-12 after the way this team started would actually be an accomplishment. I wouldn't worry about draft position. Until the front office finds some competence, that won't matter anyway.

Enjoy the win. It was a good one.

Yeah... worrying about dropping in the draft lottery is sort of a waste of time. NFL teams really don't and can't 'tank' and whatever happens is going going to happen. I look at it this way... if we lose, we win as it helps draft position. If we win, we win, because it builds morale, means younger players are developing, and we get to enjoy a weekend without misery. Either way - it's all about the future.

I must be the only guy in here that thinks Callahan is doing a fantastic job. How satisfying was it to watch the Skins run it right down the Panthers' throat last night a la Riggins and the Hogs circa 1982? I know you all think I'm nuts but I really like what Callahan is doing. I have a prediction for you: the Skins are going to win all 3 of their NFC East match ups to close out the season!

I must be the only guy in here that thinks Callahan is doing a fantastic job. How satisfying was it to watch the Skins run it right down the Panthers' throat last night a la Riggins and the Hogs circa 1982? I know you all think I'm nuts but I really like what Callahan is doing. I have a prediction for you: the Skins are going to win all 3 of their NFC East match ups to close out the season!

I was originally all in on Callahan but the team almost seemed to badly regress during the 4 game stretch of 49ers-vikings-bills-Jets, at least on offense. Then, it's like the team powwow'd properly for the lions and it started to look better. Yesterday was a beautiful display of pounding the rock and what I and a few others have been waiting for. The offense has came along at the same pace as a sloth on Ambien but coming along all the same.

If Callahan, O'Connell and Haskins get their remaining issues worked out and continue improving the last 4 weeks then I'm back on the Callahan freight train for good. It's kinda got the 2nd half feel of Marty's only season and we all wonder what if we shoulda kept him.

No, if Billy C can get these bastards toughened up to replicate yesterday while Petitbon uses Manusky like an avatar then he should get a 3 year deal offered. Especially if he takes a team that resembled what Oscar the grouch would wipe his ass with to a hard playing respectable team in 1/2 a season.

It appears some have confused understanding the value of a high draft pick and actively rooting to lose are somehow the same thing.

Our best path forward is to have a top 2 pick, and while I won't cry for a loss...I certainly don't care if we do. What I will cry over, is seeing a division foe draft what could be the best DE to come out of college since Mario Williams.

Whether we draft that player or not is moot, if we're in a position to do so...we have leverage for where he lands as opposed to the Giants, especially if it means we get extra picks.

So while I won't cheer against us in the hopes that we lose, I will go into each game each week wondering if the value in a win outweighs the value in a loss for building the future, especially since we're lacking a 2nd round pick in the upcoming draft.

Win? OK. Lose? OK. Again, not going to actively cheer against the team, but I don't care if we lose out, either. Winning does nothing more than boost moral. How has that worked out for us in the past 5 years?

Last edited:
Think how much a LT, TE, and a legit slot WR could do for the offense. Throw in a bloodthirsty FB and we're set on offense to begin a push.

Oh yeah Bruce has to go regardless of this season's outcome.

I do worry that a win streak at the end of the year will be enough for Dan to keep Bruce around, though.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

I do worry that a win streak at the end of the year will be enough for Dan to keep Bruce around, though.

With any luck Bruce & Dan both make a departure announcement. Baby steps though

That's a perfectly understandable fear, and one I think we all share to some degree.

However, I suspect that even if Snyder DOES fire Allen at the end of the year, it will solely be to placate the fans. I don't think firing Allen will be part of some long-term plan or a legitimate attempt to re-define this team's identity going forward. Snyder will simply replace Allen with another Allen, but it will buy him a few more years with some of the fanbase.

I hope I'm wrong. We'll see.

If it were 1982 I'd be thrilled. But that style of play isn't going to win you many games in the modern era. Surely you can see that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If it were 1982 I'd be thrilled. But that style of play isn't going to win you many games in the modern era. Surely you can see that?

I don't know man, the Patriots won the SB last year on a strong defense, heavy run offense. The Ravens are winning with a strong defense and heavy run offense. And the 49ers are doing the same.

I do realize there are dramatic changes that favor a heavy pass game, but the teams with the most success right now are running more.

I don't think Allen is going anywhere regardless of how we finish. It would take a lot of Snyder to get rid of Allen.

My guess if people don't renew season tickets then that may get Snyder's attention.

Then on the other hand do we have the confidence that Snyder would replace him with a real GM?

I don't know man, the Patriots won the SB last year on a strong defense, heavy run offense. The Ravens are winning with a strong defense and heavy run offense. And the 49ers are doing the same.

I do realize there are dramatic changes that favor a heavy pass game, but the teams with the most success right now are running more.

I agree, but today's fans want to see the ball being aired out. Which why premium on pass rushers.

Too many don't appreciate the run game and strong D like some of old timers.

To me you do what wins games.

First of all - Fed Ex has been 2/3rds empty! And what hasn't been empty has been 50% or more opposition fans. If you don't think that's gotten Snyder's attention....

And a good defense and solid running game is always helpful. But the passing game has and will continue to rule the NFL day. While Callahan has been unable to produce a consistent passing attack, he has shown an ability to misuse timeouts, and mismanage the clock at crucial points in the game.

I appreciate the last 2 wins, but I'm far from convinced he is the answer at HC.

Aren't most of the best teams in the NFL run first offenses right now? I'm not saying install the actual offense from 1983 lol but you know what I mean. Build a dominant oline, run the ball and protect the big arm QB on play action.

Would beating the packers this weekend bring anyone over to the Callahan wagon?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 4, Members: 0, Guests: 4)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.