• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

Choice 1: Pay Shady 16.1 million this season?

Choice 2. Trade him for a LB that may have 8 years in front of him, and save $14 million a year.

Man they are so stupid! It's no wonder that they always finish in last place in the division.
That last paragraph is why people get pissed at you. You throw this bullshit out and lace it with nothing at all.

A linebacker coming off acl surgery doesn't necessarily have 8 years in front of him. You're the guy who's always harping about Griffin having 2...yet suddenly you don't think it matters?

Edit: Dear McD..I happen to agree that getting something for McCoy and dumping him for cap space was probably a good move. Loved Alonso in the limited time I saw him play. I can also agree that you come across as a noodge. I'll add that I listen to A LOT of talk radio and that you should be careful of plagerism [emoji12]

Last edited:
Wasn't boiling...just curious.

Wilfork to be cut..He's well psst his prime but better than anything we got now.

He'd be an interesting FA, considering we have never, ever, ever, ever had a true NT in this Defense.

Nick

Wilfork would certainly fill up space at NT ... but he's at best a rotational player for another season or two tops. Leaving us still without a "true" NT to anchor a hybrid 3-4 defense going forward. Grab him on the cheap AND bring in either a draftee or younger vet FA to be the longer term solution and maybe you've got something. But unless ol' Vince comes truly on the cheap, seems to me we should probably allocate our limited resources elsewhere.

Id rather not on wilfork. Hed never come cheap enough

Wilfork would certainly fill up space at NT ... but he's at best a rotational player for another season or two tops. Leaving us still without a "true" NT to anchor a hybrid 3-4 defense going forward. Grab him on the cheap AND bring in either a draftee or younger vet FA to be the longer term solution and maybe you've got something. But unless ol' Vince comes truly on the cheap, seems to me we should probably allocate our limited resources elsewhere.
Well, we don't have anyone there really and keep trying to plug people in. if we can go with the 2 year "teach" as well as play it can help tremendously until a true NT comes around I'm open for that. I think he still has enough in the tank to outplay most but it always comes down to money.

Dockett? He just signed with San Fran. 2 years, 7.5m.

I completely acknowledge that point......however......

When was the last time that a league-leading RB actually won the SB? You may (or you are very smart imho) may not be surprised.

Just go through the names. You know all them. AD, Jamaal, etc.

I think the contributions of Marshawn Lynch, Frank Gore and Ray Rice to their respective teams over the past few years make your argument very shaky. Do you know the last time a year's league-leading passer won the SB in that same year? I'll tell you. Never. Does that mean QBs aren't important? (also, not to nitpick, but the last time a league-leading RB won the SB in that same year was TD in 1998. Not 22 or 23 years ago but 17. :) )

Also, your cap-space argument would be more compelling if the Eagles were cap-strapped. But they aren't. They had something like $40 million in cap space BEFORE they made this deal. Making cap-freindly deals are nice, but not if they aren't necessary and rob you of an elite payer.

No, what this is is Chip Kelly thinking he's smarter than the rest of the world, thinking that he only needs his own college guys to win in almost an Spurrier-like way. And I'm not sure that's the case. He took an offense that was top ten six of the previous seven seasons and made it ... a top ten offense. His defense, on the other hand, went from being a top half defense all of the previous seven seasons to 29th his first year and 28th this year. Frankly, the man doesn't coach defense, so maybe he's hoping his old college LB can save him, despite the fact that he's now got a bad wheel. We all know all to well how a bad knee can de-rail a career.

This was a real head-scratcher of a move for the Eagles. If they were hurting for cap space and trying to rebuild MAYBE I could see jettisoning a 26-year-old elite RB for a 25 year-old LB coming off knee surgery like this, but even then I'd demand a pick or two as well. The ONLY way (if I were an Eagle fan) I could justify liking this move would be to rationalize it away by thinking Chip Kelly's A Genius who can make seemingly completely irrational moves which turn out to be brilliant.

And that may be the case, but I'm not convinced.

Dockett? He just signed with San Fran. 2 years, 7.5m.

I think he was talking about Dan Williams(?) Ngata, Wilfork and Williams are the recognizable NTs available in FA right now. I don't want any of them, I want to draft one like those three teams did.

Since everybody else is going nuts.... Brandon Marshall.....Should we??? :munching_out:

I just saw that too. It looks like $7.5 million a year......in the neighborhood of Garcon's contract. Maybe even cheaper.

I just saw that too. It looks like $7.5 million a year......in the neighborhood of Garcon's contract. Maybe even cheaper.

Dockett? 7.5m for two years. 4m first year. 2m guaranteed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 3, Members: 0, Guests: 3)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.