• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

Scabs or not those games counted in 1987.

The Redskins were 1-1 when the players went out and 4-1 when they came back.

Without that boost during the replacement games the Redskins would not have been 11-4 and East champions.

Imagine coming back at 1-4.

Be fair, give them rings.

Cooke was worth $1B at one point, don't tell me they couldn't afford the jewelry.

I remember the Raiders giving Marv Hubbard a Super Bowl ring in 1977 and he didn't even suit up for the team that year, having retired after the '75 season.

The 49ers gave Freakin' Chris Berman a ring...........

This is why I want the Redskins to pay the man and make him a Skin for life.

Is this a serious post?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't see how Boone.

Just too many injuries on defense ( loss of Allen hurts alot) and too many question marks on offense.

So far, Pryor,Crowder and Reed are no shows.

Limited Edition(Doctson) shows up for one play a game.

Outside of Thompson, we don't have much of a backfield,RB wise.

Our offense is mainly Chris Thompson with Vernon Davis and a sprinkle of Ryan Grant.

IMO, that doesn't scare anybody.

Valid reasons or not?

Last edited:
Thanks for posting this.
Great video. I stopped using Twitter a couple of years ago so miss little gems like this when they are posted.

Don't see how Boone.

Just too many injuries on defense ( loss of Allen hurts alot) and too many question marks on offense.

So far, Pryor,Crowder and Reed are no shows.

Limited Edition(Doctson) shows up for one play a game.

Outside of Thompson, we don't have much of a backfield,RB wise.

Our offense is mainly Chris Thompson with Vernon Davis and a sprinkle of Ryan Grant.

IMO, that doesn't scare anybody.

Valid reasons or not?

I was pushing back on what I read as a suggestion that losing Jonathan Allen was going to doom this team. I don't view that as a reasonable position. Do all the injuries on defense hurt our chances? Of course. But as I've said, all teams suffer injuries, even runs of injuries - it's part of the game. And because all team's experience it, by definition injuries don't typically determine success. They are just another factor amidst a hundred others. Teams that adjust, have depth, and continue to grind can still prevail. I think we generally have that culture (you seem not to believe anything has changed in DC - but I think it has).

If our offense were a finished product with the current cast, I'd buy more of what you are selling. I'd put it this way. 3 of the guys you are referencing (Doctson, Pryor, and Perine) are in their first year of full-time action with the Skins. There are all kinds of barriers to immediate success to overcome. Knowledge of the offense, timing with the QB, and others - those all take time to develop. On top of that, our starting RB (who gets no respect even from Skins fans) has been out with an injury. And we have a new offensive play caller even the veterans are adjusting to. We're 3-2 in spite of all those barriers and a very tough early schedule. Our offense needs work, but it's hardly struggling.

Great video. How can you not like what he does? Interesting comments around the 1:30 and 2:12 mark about playing with a lead and being lethargic. He's saying what we've been saying! :)

What Jonathan Allen and the emergence of Matt Ioannidis has covered up is IMO a growing concern that both Terrell McClain and Stacy McGhee are stiffs and were overpaid as free agents based on their ages and body of work to that point.

Jack del Rio may not be the best head coach in the NFL but he knows defensive talent.

Letting the 6'3 335 McGhee go in free agency with no real attempt to resign him had me second guessing this move when it happened.

Now with the injuries there is no place for these two to hide.

They have to produce something up front.

If Ziggy Hood is starting ahead of these guys on a near vet minimum deal for the balance of the season we will know we got stuck with these two.

Seems also as if Gruden is higher on Lanier than on McClain at DE.

Undrafted free agent vs a guy you just gave a $20M contract?

Optics on this one are not great.

When I saw the special, I felt the same way about the rings and was really surprised we didn't do it. Especially after Gibbs preached about doing everything as a team (for the replacement players and for the guys that were striking). They asked Gibbs about this in the documentary, correct? I think I remember him dodging the question.

I was very disappointed with Gibbs' response. He wasn't indifferent, he made it clear they didn't deserve a ring...citing rule I think.

And Ax, a couple of the players like Neil Olkeweicz and Daryl Grant stated they think the scabs deserve a ring, acknowledging they would never have won the SB without them, and the Monday Night game alone was worth it.

I cannot lie, I almost shed a tear when I watched the Monday Night game again.

More of an offseason topic but if it looks like Kurt is wanting to bail I wanna throw a WVU name in for consideration. BB & others are really good at breaking down prospects but wanted to get early thoughts on a guy.

WVU qb Will Grier, listed as 6' 2” & 217lbs.
Ranked #4 in passing offense
7 games in 5-2 record with 2467 yards
26 tds 5 int's w/2 rushing td's

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=97GIutdCTWM

P.S.- He can throw the fade!

Thought the same thing Fear.

Damn I wish we were healthy......

I might add to that Fear - lost to Philly, by 13, @ FedEx in week 1. Is this team improved since or at least as good? Not too sure about that but probably not...

We beat 9ers by 2.
Dallas beats 9ers by 30.
Then we play Dallas.
All in the span of 3 weeks.
Football Math does not add up too well for us.

While I agree with the conclusion, the logic is lacking. The NFL doesn't work that way. The 49ers beat Green Bay and we beat the 49ers, therefore we will beat the Packers - that kind of thinking has never held water.

Any.Given.Sunday.

Yeah - it's a cliche - and it also is reality in the NFL.

We can beat any team in the NFL (and certainly the NFC East) on any given night. Period.

That's what I think anyway.

While I agree with the conclusion, the logic is lacking. The NFL doesn't work that way. The 49ers beat Green Bay and we beat the 49ers, therefore we will beat the Packers - that kind of thinking has never held water.

Any.Given.Sunday.

Yeah - it's a cliche - and it also is reality in the NFL.

We can beat any team in the NFL (and certainly the NFC East) on any given night. Period.

That's what I think anyway.

But we ain't playing on Sunday lol. In all honesty though I wish we had 1 or 2 less injuries. If our backups which are better than we have had in years prove to be capable and keep the game close or tied we will have a good chance

Thought the same thing Fear.

Damn I wish we were healthy......

That hits the nail on the head...... Dallas isn't nearly as banged up as us, so it's easy for them to hang 30 on Sanfran. The loss of Fat Rob is huge on offense, and has changed the entire dynamic on that side of the ball. We lose any more guys on D, and we may be pulling fans from the stands to fill spots.

We win in Philly, why, cuz that's the bottom line cuz SO said so.

We do have a long list of injuries, iggles are playing well, and we DESERVE to be underdogs. But, I don't think we can just concede the game. As bad as game 1 was, there were still opportunities to win....

If we can control the clock on offense and limit Wentz's scramble drill big plays - we have a shot.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 9, Members: 2, Guests: 7)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.