• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

Clearing up cap room needs to happen regardless.
They are not going to tie up around 60 Million in quarterback money, for each of the next 2 years.
No chance.

Honestly, I'm surprised this is even an argument...there are structures that could be put in place to minimize the immediate hit. That is the one thing I will applaud Bruce Allen for doing ov er his tenure, working the cap to our benefit, even if the league screwed us on one of the occasions.

Yeah - he hasn't won, not nearly enough. But that wasn't the argument you were making :)

Actually, it was the point I was making. For all the talk of him being a QB whisperer, WTF has it gotten us? Nothing.
Stats? Whoopdi do!
Being liked by the players? How is that a necessary nutrient? It sure hasn't turned into W's.
The only QB that's stayed here, given the choice, is Colt.
No, he doesn't coddle players. And that's fine. But he also thinks any QB with half a brain should be able to throw for 10,000yds, 100 TD's, and go undefeated, every season while playing in his "perfect if only" offense.

He is a loser.

So, he is not the guy to be choosing, or grooming, our QB's. IMHO.

Honestly, I'm surprised this is even an argument...there are structures that could be put in place to minimize the immediate hit. That is the one thing I will applaud Bruce Allen for doing ov er his tenure, working the cap to our benefit, even if the league screwed us on one of the occasions.

Yeah, the cap is almost a non issue. There always seems to be an end around.

As for Foles, no thanks. Unless his coach is coming with him.

Giants have informed Landon Collins that he will not be franchise-tagged, making him a free agent next week.

We'll see if all of his ‘I want to be a Redskin' talk is BS or if he's willing to sign for a reasonable contract. Nab him and draft an edge rusher and/or LB on the draft and we could have a pretty scary D in 2019, especially if Reuben Foster plays the entire season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ya know if BruDan can get us a legit LG and an all round TE that can block like a T, our run D would be savage. Guice and AP should set up some kick ass playaction.

I really don't understand this team's resistance to signing a capable veteran to play LG or draft one.

We picked Scherff with the #5 overall pick as a RT and moved him to guard.

The team seem happy with him there.

It wouldn't cost that much to solidify the other guard spot.

I really don't understand this team's resistance to signing a capable veteran to play LG or draft one.

We picked Scherff with the #5 overall pick as a RT and moved him to guard.

The team seem happy with him there.

It wouldn't cost that much to solidify the other guard spot.

And the quality FA guards are falling off the board.

If Bruce somehow lands Cody Ford in the 1st that would be okay in my book. Now if we go rounds 1-3 and still no guard picked Bruce needs keelhauled in Beaverdam creek. Thrice for every round he ignored Guard.

We really need to make picks in Rounds 2 and 3 that come in and contribute right away.

Too often we end up with a guy like Ryan Anderson or Geron Christian that are on the inactive list for half or more of their rookie seasons.

When you take a guy that high you are looking at the profile of a potential starter.

But for a team that finishes 7-9 most years its frustrating to see picks take a year or more to even get on the field.

I remember last spring Bruce and Jay were talking about having a couple of spots open in the starting 22.

Excuse me?????

A 7-9 team really has 20 starters that you can just pencil in to the next season?

I retweeted with no comment. Everyone is going bonkers over there. Now I know what a shark feeding frenzy looks like.

While Diggs obviously would improve this team and has a connection with Keenum, I can't help but think of all the failed attempts we've had at drafting and developing WRs. Would be nice for a change if we could find a Diggs-type contributor in the middle rounds of the draft (like he himself was) without having to pay the hefty price that it would likely take to acquire him. At the end if the day though, this has been part of the problem that has plagued the Redskins for so long.

Unless it's for Rosen, I am not a fan of the idea of giving up draft picks for any other position. If they were a starter and 25 or younger, maybe. But I think it's generally a bad idea because free agency is inherently pricey. You almost always overpay.

You can afford 2 or 3 guys you reach into free agency for but these really need to be must have players.

New England will reach out for a cover corner like Gilmore or Talib or a pass rusher like Chris Long but they don't reach for an expensive guard or running back because they can find them in the middle rounds of the draft.

An outsider's thoughts on the Redskins in 2019.

Couple things I'd mention. First of all, there's no guarantee Keenum will be the starter, although I personally think it's likely since even if we draft a QB, Gruden isn't going to trust a rookie right out of the gate. I don't think Gruden believes as much in Colt as conventional wisdom argues. Colt can't stay healthy and, let's be honest, he looked pretty shaky even when he was healthy last year.

The other thing that I think is the 'X' factor in 2019 is Derrius Guice. If he's the electric runner the Skins believe they got at a bargain basement position in last year's draft, he could have a huge impact on the Redskins offense in 2019.

Man I hope The Bruce isn't trying any funny business with one of our good o-linemen.

".....
John Keim
ESPN Staff Writer
PHOENIX -- Redskins team president Bruce Allen said contract talks with right guard Brandon Scherff are "on-going" as the team seeks to prevent him from hitting free agency next offseason. However, when asked about defensive end Matt Ioannidis, whose contract also expires after this season, Allen said there's "nothing to say right now." As of now, Scherff is playing under the option year of his contract with a $12.5 million cap hit. He's coming off a torn pectoral injury, but is seen as a crucial part to the future. Ioannidis blossomed over the past year, but his situation will be interesting to watch. The Redskins have four other young defensive linemen, including first-rounders Jonathan Allen and Daron Payne. If the other young linemen -- Tim Settle and Caleb Brantley -- play well this year, would the Redskins decide Ioannidis is a luxury? But, as of now, there's no doubt the defense is much better with him on the field....."

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 3, Members: 0, Guests: 3)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.