• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

Well - let me be positive for once :) In a normal NFC East season, we'd be right there competing for the division title even now. It's pretty rare for any of the NFC East teams to just seize control and dominate like the Eagles are.

It's clear that the Eagles will win the NFC East outright - and that just brings more focus to the issues we have. I know this will sound weird to say, but in some ways it's been easier to win the division than to get into the playoffs via a wildcard because there are just so many other factors that come into play, and so many more teams you are competing against.

They aren't going to implode - that's wishful thinking imho.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A year ago, almost to the day, Philly began a 5 game losing streak, so in their last 7 games of 2016, they went 2-5.
It certainly well within the realm of possibility that something similar could happen again.
I'm just not ready to crown them champions yet.

I'm assuming Chase Roullier has been filling in at center while Longshanks is on the mend. If so, how's he shaping up at the position?

And what of their success prior to this season, where the coaching staff was the same ? They were the common denominator during the good years too.
If it was on the coaches, they would have failed to get anything out of Crowder and the rest of them in 2016 and prior.
And then there's Grant. Maybe not a great receiver, but he wasn't supposed to be this good. He's far exceeded expectations. You have to give credit to coaches for that.
There's something else going on this season, and it's not on the coaches.
The coaching didn't have to be as good when you had Djax taking off the top, and Garcon being Mr Reliable.

The point is, they haven't shown the ability to get ANYTHING out of Pryor. And the only way Mo Harris or the other "backups" got on the field was because of injury. Though they clearly performed better.
They just don't how to use Pryor. He must not fit Jay's "system".

The coaching didn't have to be as good when you had Djax taking off the top, and Garcon being Mr Reliable.

So why didn't this "failing" coaching staff "ruin" DJax's and Garcon's talent and production while they were here, they way they supposedly ruined it for Pryor.

The point is, they haven't shown the ability to get ANYTHING out of Pryor.

A coaching staff is not 100% accountable for whether a receiver produces.

I still have yet to see any evidence to even suggest that it's the coach's fault that Pryor isn't producing.

Perhaps Pryor's ankle has really been a hindrance.

For weeks I expected an effort to get him going by scripting some early touches. That didn't happen and it surprised me. He has now been relegated to being primarily used in stacked sets as the lead guy. I'm very surprised and disappointed in his performance to date. Lord knows he has the athletic ability.

I'm willing to give Pryor the benefit of the doubt. I still have hopes that he, Doctson and Crowder can be our future.

In the immediate future, I'll be happy when our upcoming opponent has more than a loss or two. That all changes next week.

Inside the Red Zone, WR's haven't helped much. Their big body wideouts just aren't coming down with contested balls. Crowder hasn't done much at all there but not a big body either.

Pryor - 5 Targets - 2 catches - 0 Td's
Doctson - 10 Targets - 3 catches - 3 TDs - He makes them count when he gets them. He'll improve from 30%.
Total 15 targets - 5 catches - 3 TDs. You might say that's good (?) because they'll draw the coverage but...

Ryan Gruden - 7 Targets - 7 catches - 2 TDs
Crowder - 12 Targets - 4 catches - 0 TDs (5 net yds) - uggh

Not a WR but Reed - 5 Targets - 4 Catches - 3 TDs - Need Reed in the game even if it's only to make plays in the RZ. Let Davis carry the load down field and use Jordan sparingly & maybe he doesn't get hurt as much.

8 Red Zone TDs by all these players and 5 by two guys (Reed & Grant) with 10 receptions on 11 Targets.

link: https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/was/2017-snap-counts.htm
Click on the last column. 'Game by game' snap counts.

Grant gets the benefit of other guys drawing coverage but does catch the rock while Reed definitely gets the D's attention and manages to make plays.

Need to give Sprinkle a shot in the passing game today and catch the Saints by surprise.

IMO, he has that ability if Cousins and the staff just give him a shot.

The Washington Redskins....snatching defeat from the jaws of victory since 1932

Top 10 pick here we come!

Considering all of the things that it could have been with an air-cast being installed on the field...Chris Thompson breaking a fibula is about as good of news as one could hope for.

Godspeed CT25. Thanks for your great effort.

The elite teams are all barely beating us. And they're the only ones beating us.
And this is where the schedule gets very easy by comparison, the rest of the way out.
And we are still a very good team.
So it's very realistic that we go 5-1 or even 6-0 here out, and make the playoffs.
And in fact, that's how this team typically enters the playoffs.
So the season is far from over.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 4, Members: 0, Guests: 4)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.