• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

Agree with Boone.

I thought the Panthers blew it by not passing every down in the first quarter! The Skins secondary has sucked for many years now: limited talent and a complete inability to communicate.

eh...we'll see when we p[lay a quality team what progress has really been made.

Aside from injuries...their main problem was their QB looked/was worse than ours!

The Skins will get an OT in the first rnd, nothing in the second round unless they trade yet more future picks, and pound their chests through another sucky season of mediocrity next season.

Came to a realization about Sweat yesterday: his problem is that he appears to lack upper body strength. I have no idea if that's the case but that's what it looks like to me. It's either that or horrible coaching (i.e., technique).

Aren't most of the best teams in the NFL run first offenses right now? I'm not saying install the actual offense from 1983 lol but you know what I mean. Build a dominant oline, run the ball and protect the big arm QB on play action.

This why Kyle is having success, his west coast base uses the pass to setup the run as much as vice versa. Of course it helps that any of his 3 RB's can rush for 100 any Sunday.

First of all - Fed Ex has been 2/3rds empty! And what hasn't been empty has been 50% or more opposition fans. If you don't think that's gotten Snyder's attention....

This is the key right here.

If we start winning, will it bring the fans back to the stadium? Will it put asses on seats?

I suspect not. With 4 games left I wonder if the fanbase is more jaded now, a short win streak is not going to get them into sitting in Fedex in the cold waiting for the other show to drop. I think we'll only see the fanbase start coming back if we can sustain good form. For me that would mean going through next year too. I wouldn't be spending my hard earned cash on tickets simply because we racked up wins against bad opponents.

The rot has set in and while I'm enjoying watching these young players find their way, currently it's not enough to encourage me to go to Fedex. I want to see stability, I want to see BA gone, and I want to see that this team is trending in the right direction. I'm jaded by the phantom hopes of the past and I think many fans are in the same boat. We've been fooled before.

That said, I need them to turn this around in the next couple of years so that when I come over to the US for my 50th birthday to watch what will probably be the ONLY Skins home game I ever see in my life... I get a good show. :D

A running game still matters in this league and unless they completely push the rules to almost eliminate it, it will always matter in football.

"It's a passing league"- Nice,hip catchy phrase but that crap doesn't get it done in the rain,snow and ice of late season NFL football.

Seahawks
Steelers
Niners
Ravens
Titans
Bills

All have formidable run games that have led to their success.

When teams like the Vikings have had their success this season, it's because they got Cook going and lessened the load on Cousins.

The Patriots have Brady but they have their most consistent success when they get their ground game going which opens up the play action for Brady.

Keep building the Oline, find a couple of good TEs for Haskins and keep growing the O side of the ball.

I really hope Snyder doesn't go after him.

Why? I'm not heavily pro or con bringing him in... may depend on who the other realistic options are? If they plan on putting Allen out to pasture (and I know that's a big if) I would hope they would do that sooner rather than later and let the new GM pick the next head coach.

But Rivera is a good coach who won more than he lost, got his teams to the playoff multiple times, and even to a Super Bowl. He did those things with a tough D most years and inconsistent offense (Newton had a couple good seasons but was never a great QB in my opinion).

We could do a lot worse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wouldn't want RR as a head coach at all. However, if he's open to taking over the defense that would be absolutely fine. I believe he could get our current guys playing at a top ten ranking in no time.

Why? I'm not heavily pro or con bringing him in... may depend on who the other realistic options are? If they plan on putting Allen out to pasture (and I know that's a big if) I would hope they would do that sooner rather than later and let the new GM pick the next head coach.

But Rivera is a good coach who won more than he lost, got his teams to the playoff multiple times, and even to a Super Bowl. He did those things with a tough D most years and inconsistent offense (Newton had a couple good seasons but was never a great QB in my opinion).

We could do a lot worse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wouldn't mind him as a DC. I just have a hard time getting excited about a coach with only 3 winning seasons in 9 years, who never had back to back winning seasons. In the same time he's been coaching, we've also had 3 winning seasons. He just doesn't show me anything as a HC.

Man I swear! I really liked to see what Guice did last week, he showed he is a legit RB in the NFL. And I found myself thinking what could be.

At this point, I have to think the best he will ever be is a great change of pace 3rd down back that offers a little size...he cannot carry the ball more than 10 times a game.

Unfortunately, Bryce Love should be able to do the same thing when he gets healthy.

Either way, it sucks for Guice...I like the kid.

We need a #1 RB who can carry the ball 20 times a game.

Last edited:
Man I swear! I really liked to see what Guice did last week, he showed he is a legit RB in the NFL. And I found myself thinking what could be.

At this point, I have to think the best he will ever be is a great change of pace 3rd down back that offers a little size...he cannot carry the ball more than 10 times a game.

Unfortunately, Bryce Love should be able to do the same thing when he gets healthy.

I put who I'd like in BB's thread, this dude runs like a tank. Could probably get him with one of our 4th's

Holding out hope that he just banged that knee pretty good on a helmet and that there's no structural damage. A 3rd ligament injury is going to be hard to come back from. Would be a shame, because he is one tough SOB and a helluva runner. Fingers crossed. We are due for some good luck and I really hope he gets good news later today after the MRI.

I will say one thing. I don't know if it's because of it, but I think the pass defense has looked a lot better since Norman was benched.

Without a doubt. Hell I've been wondering if Norman's been tanking assignments to try and force his cut or trade all season.

Holding out hope that he just banged that knee pretty good on a helmet and that there's no structural damage. A 3rd ligament injury is going to be hard to come back from. Would be a shame, because he is one tough SOB and a helluva runner. Fingers crossed. We are due for some good luck and I really hope he gets good news later today after the MRI.

I thought I saw that he sprained his MCL, which shouldn't be too bad in the end. Sucks, but honestly might be okay to shut him down and not get him too hurt this year. He at least showed us something this time, and it'd be good for him to come in healthy next year without any surgeries.

To my knowledge, and you may need to correct me, sprained MCLs are a fairly short recovery and little after effects. At least that's what I was advised when I personally had one, and I don't have the treatment facilities the NFL does.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.