• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

Elephant - when Hyde was in Cleveland he had a 3.4 yards per carry average.

I don't see how that was worth trading for. Hyde is 28. He is what he is as a runner, there is no upside there from here.

The Patriots were smart. They got a productive WR in Gordon and they got him for nothing to fill one of their definite need areas.

Gordon and a #7 went to Cleveland for a #5 .

So, in essence Belichick traded a #6 pick for a guy who is already making a difference.

Bruce and Co. are so afraid of making a mistake now they don't want to take any real risks.

I was talking about picking up Hyde in FA in the off-season not trade. If you're going to improve the RB position Guice was a solid move, but we should have brought in Hyde, or hell...in retrospect even Peterson. And I agree with you absolutely about Gordon. The only thing I'll say supports DP in that Bellichek is likely one of very few coaches in the NFL who can tell this kid, no bullshit or you're gone. I am not so sure Gruden could.

Although the trade deadline has come and gone, there may be a slim hope of someone dropping an OL vet off the roster and here's why...

The bizarre compensatory pick formula rewards teams if they release a player who has played the first 10 weeks. In other words, although it may not be an intended result, teams have *some* incentive to shed players who are not 'essential' or who may be on the downside of their career in order to potentially pick up compensatory picks. I don't have anyone in mind, but that's really the last hope the Skins have of picking someone who could be a legit starter/backup who isn't currently on the street or a PS guy.

I have to say, I am disappointed this front office did not sign Dez Bryant. Knuckle head that he is, the dude has something to prove and was considered one of the best in the game very recently.

I don't know who got hurt in NO, but signing him can only make that team better.

The Dez signing speaks for itself. If a team that's on the fast train to the Super Bowl has room for him on their roster, I don't see any reason why he shouldn't have been a Skin, especially with our lack of talent at the position, compounded with depletion by injuries.

There is a big difference in production with Dez signing in New Orleans vs the Redskins signing him. The biggest criticism with Dez's football ability is that he can't get separation. If the criticism of Redskins receivers is they can't get open, Dez isn't helping that. In New Orleans, that doesn't matter. Brees will throw him open and throw it in spots only he can catch it. Smith hasn't shown he can do that. Also, in New Orleans, Dez will be the 4th or 5th option. Teams will be trying to stop Thomas and Kamara and Smith with the deep ball. Not to mention playing the run with Kamara and Ingram. Plus they have Watson at TE who Brees loves. If Bryant signed with the Redskins, he would get the toughest coverage and he would struggle to make a difference.

What the Redskins need in a receiver is a guy who can get open down the field quickly. Smith showed last year he can throw to that guy. Obviously Hill is a special player, but for the 1st time in his career Smith threw the ball deep last year. That's what the Redskins need. I don't know if that person is available, but someone to go deep and who can do it quickly with this banged up line is sorely needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Redskins argument is BS.

Dez Bryant plays the 'X' and that is what Josh Doctson plays.

Right, but Josh Doctson for the most part has not been consistently productive in that role to this point in Year 3.

Bryant not only would have provided added productivity at WR but would have given Doctson some competition to potentially light a fire under his butt.

Sometimes I see Doctson and he seems to be going through the motions.

Brian Mitchell nailed it a couple of days ago when he said it is a DE-MOTIVATOR for players on the team when a guy continues to start or is given a position because of where he is drafted and fails to earn it.

The NFL as people say is a 'results oriented' business. It should be a meritocracy of talent.

The teams that don't improve and progress under the cap are the ones that make the wrong moves in re money vs. talent.

You tie up too many high picks or free agents that don't perform and that crowds out the ability to correct those mistakes for a year or two under the cap.

Right now, for those guys coming into their option years the only one I would exercise and try to work out a long term deal with is Brandon Scherff.

He is the only one that is a true building block.

Jamison Crowder and Preston Smith are complementary players not front-liners.

In fact Bruce Irvin would have been a big upgrade on Smith.

I know he wanted to go play with Dan Quinn again who was his DC in Seattle and so Washington didn't have much leverage to sign him, but it's telling when a guy that gets released is at least a step above a guy we already have starting.

Last edited:
Of course, Josh Doctson never smacked his own mama.
Or screams at his OC on the sidelines.
Or throws temper tantrums when he's not the recipient of every single pass.

A team like the Saints, with their stability at QB, for years, along with an actual offensive guru at head coach, will probably get something out of the punk mother puncher.

But we don't need him, or want him.

Although I'm sure we'll get updates every 5 minutes when he does anything good. And crickets if he doesn't.

Just because Doctson is part of the problem doesn't make Dez Bryant the answer. Bryant wants to get paid far in excess of his value - that's why not one NFL team bit on him up to now - including plenty of other teams with critical WR needs. Hard pass.

Looks like Dez has torn his achilles and that will sideline for more than a year. Earliest comeback would be no sooner than 2020.

That's quite the turn of events. I was happy they didn't sign him initially and now really happy as they already have enough injuries on this team.

Well, of course if Bryant signed in Baltimore or Washington he wouldn't have been in the exact situation/circumstance where got hurt today so that dog doesn't really hunt.

My main problem with the Redskins is roster management.

For the second year in a row we went into the season painfully thin on experience and demonstrated productivity at WR.

It has cost us.

For the second year in a row we failed to sign or draft any depth for the interior OL.

It has cost us.

When you look at the Redskins OL the team started the year with TWO guards, Lauvao and Scherff. There was no legit backup.

The backups in the interior were both natural centers in Bergstrom and rookie Dunn. They and Rouillier can move over in a pinch at guard but lack the size and strengh to do more than finish a game or hold the fort for a game if a starter has a minor injury.

But there is no way these guys are going to hold up for 8 or 9 games there.

And why make a primary plan moving your starting center in the first place?

Makes more sense to bring in a vet or pick off the bench who is a guard by trade.

I can't think of another team that keeps THREE natural centers in this kind of rotation strategy.

In the end the strategy didn't work and we had to go out and sign Jonathan Cooper last week anyway.

Now he's likely to start being here less than a week.

Just doesn't make sense to consistently get caught short with these unbalanced roster constructions each season.

OK, well...Brandon Marshall is out there! We need another WR, desperately!

Crowder is officially out for the Bucs game. Did not travel with the team.

Not good.....

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Own coaches hating and blaming me for Atl loss smh naw B check the film b4 blaming someone eye in the sky don't lie</p>— Zach Brown (@ZachBrown_55) <a href="https://twitter.com/ZachBrown_55/status/1061447921646874624?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">November 11, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Not good.....

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Own coaches hating and blaming me for Atl loss smh naw B check the film b4 blaming someone eye in the sky don't lie</p>— Zach Brown (@ZachBrown_55) <a href="https://twitter.com/ZachBrown_55/status/1061447921646874624?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">November 11, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Par for the course with this damn team. We're not allowed to have nice things as skins fans.

Well, let me be the first to say it! I think Colt McCoy gives us a better chance to win. The OL has played well enough, I'm officially off the Alex Smith train.

Unless surrounded with incredible talent, he sucks.

Bench Smith and give McCoy the ball for at least the 2nd half of this game to see what he can do. It's gotta be better than Smith!

Browns 28, Falcons 10.

Falcons suck. Another so-so team like the Colts we allowed to come in here and undress us on national TV.

Browns are blitzing up the middle and Atlanta's awful offensive line is looking like their true selves.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 6, Members: 0, Guests: 6)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.