• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

I'll admit. I had to look him up on the Redskins coaching roster.

The one departure on the OL I am most optimistic about - the pending free agency of Shawn Lauvao.

Now 30 years old, Lauvao's continuing presence on the roster the past couple of years at a fairly high cap number despite average performances, is one of the great mysteries................

I recall Browns' fans on the internet talking about Lauvao as a 'failed' high pick (taken in Round 3) when he was not resigned in Cleveland.

Why the Redskins jumped on him and offered him a multi-year deal when he had no other serious suitors out of the block is a real question mark.

Perhaps at some point now that some coaches and the player himself are moving on, we will learn the full story.

Thanks for the correction - my bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe we can get Josh LeRibeus back

Just got through listening to an ESPN radio live conversation about Kirk Cousins.

What a bunch of BS. Cousins seems to be MUCH more highly valued by the talking heads now that he is potentially getting ready to leave DC :laugh:

"How can the Redskins allow a guy like that go"............

I don't remember anyone saying on ESPN in 2015 or 2016 that Cousins should be signed to an NFL version of a max deal because he was a once in a lifetime player. In fact what I heard then was largely that he was a stat-padder and not a true clutch performer. Now it's all different of course :)

Personally I don't see a Kirk Cousins departure measuring up to Drew Brees leaving San Diego for New Orleans, let's get real.

This team would in all likelihood be much better off for the future if we had traded Cousins last year in the offseason for draft picks and then taken Deshaun Watson.

We would have a 23 year old quarterback with skills to grow with AND additional picks that would be playing for us now as well.

It's amazing the difference listening to Skins fans talk about Cousins, and listening to NFL players from other teams talk about him.
Von Miller, Aqib Talib, and Brandon Marshall, all rave over him, like he's the greatest thing since the light bulb

Every NFL player in the league is rooting for #8 to break the bank. Hoping he gets the largest fully guaranteed contract, ever. Not surprising they talk him up.

In the case of Miller and Talib, I doubt seriously that they worry about #8 hanging a game winning drive on them.

Well, it didn't hurt that Cousins DID have his best game of the season against the Broncos in December :)

Of course that one good game was sandwiched down the stretch of the last several weeks with some real shitbergers against questionable opponents.

The fact Cousins almost always seems to come up short against the Giants and Cowboys (regardless of these teams' records) in the division games is one reason to imagine a future at qb that could be better than what we are currently seeing if Kirk moves on.

We play Denver every four years. We play Dallas and NYG twice a year each.

Side note on Miller. In 2016 he swore he'd never sign a tag as he feels it's unfair to the players and he was in a position to backup that opinion with his own actions and it wasn't about the $$$. He had already made $40M in his career up till that point so it wasn't like he'd starve if he sat out a year. Well, he didn't sign the tag and how did that work out for him?

At the deadline to sign tagged players to a LTD in mid-July he got 6 years/$114M with $42M fully guaranteed at signing and another $28M in other guarantees (meaning guarantees becoming fully guaranteed if he's still on the team) due by Mar 2018. $19M in those other guarantees became fully guaranteed on 3/13/2017, at the end of the 2017 league season and the other $9M fully guaranteed on 3/18/2018, just after the 2018 league starts. So basically he pockets $70M in 2 years but because the cap hit spreads over 5 years on the signing bonus he doesn't hit the cap any harder than $22.4M in any of those 6 years. Denver can opt out of each of the last 2 years of the deal and if they didn't exercise the 2020 option they'd have paid him $78M over 4 years.

Anyway, players always say it's not about the money but Von Miller actually backed that up by not taking the tag and got rewarded with a major contract. Kirk would a) want more than that and b) has already said he'd sign a $35M tender. Signing that would only strengthen his bargaining position, not weaken it, that's like $80M over 3 years and Washington will be in the same situation next year.

It was funny, yesterday I was listening to a show actually joning on Tim Tebow, while slurping Cousins. Last I checked, no one will confuse Tebow among the greats, but he has has still won more playoff games than Cousins.

I am up in the DMV visiting family this weekend. We went by the Redskins store yesterday and saw they had RG3 jerseys for $4.95. We were discussing later what would you do with a jersey. Would you replace the name tag with something like Schroeder or Green or some other name. Or would you just find a 2012 patch and put it on there to celebrate that one good year.

Watching Steelers/Jags:

A good running game and strong defense still gets you a long way in the so-called "passing" league.

Wish this team could get that through their thick head.

Watching Steelers/Jags:

A good running game and strong defense still gets you a long way in the so-called "passing" league.

Wish this team could get that through their thick head.

Eagles are another example.

I don't think Gruden could recognize a run game if it fell on his face and started to wiggle.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.