• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

theismann.jpg

Days til training camp, hopefully no one breaks a leg, too soon??

I don't know why Dez Bryant turned down the Baltimore deal, it was for more money than he was going to get anywhere else.

Since he didn't manage to latch on with New England or Oakland where I thought he might go, he may be waiting to come back to the NFC East.

I didn't like some of his early antics with the Cowboys, but on a one year deal for the $5-$6M we gave to Terrelle Pryor I would take him.

The Redskins do in fact need a veteran wide receiver. Even if Trey Quinn and a guy like Robert Davis flashes some ability in camp and the preseason they aren't going to be ready contributors in the opener and early in the season.

Given how tough our schedule is and how important it is to win early, I would be looking for a veteran WR and another veteran OG to fill out the roster with some additional depth at key areas.

I don't know why Dez Bryant turned down the Baltimore deal, it was for more money than he was going to get anywhere else.

Since he didn't manage to latch on with New England or Oakland where I thought he might go, he may be waiting to come back to the NFC East.

I didn't like some of his early antics with the Cowboys, but on a one year deal for the $5-$6M we gave to Terrelle Pryor I would take him.

The Redskins do in fact need a veteran wide receiver. Even if Trey Quinn and a guy like Robert Davis flashes some ability in camp and the preseason they aren't going to be ready contributors in the opener and early in the season.

Given how tough our schedule is and how important it is to win early, I would be looking for a veteran WR and another veteran OG to fill out the roster with some additional depth at key areas.

I find myself battling internally with the idea of bringing him in. If you could somehow do a blind lineup of 4 FA Wrs and make it anonymous, the only thing you know is the the stats, then I feel like the majority of Redskins fans would be all for bringing the player with his resume in and try to sign them. The problem is that he's Dez Bryant, and he used to play for the Cowboys. The hatred is ingrained in us regarding him and the logo on the helmet he once wore. If we were to sign him, there would be a large outcry from the fanbase that would not be one stemmed from the quality of player, but more quality of person.

That said... If he comes in here and helps us win football games.. most of those voices will silence and all will be forgiven.

I just can't see Dez, not being Dez..............for the first time in ages there's no drama and no bs, I prefer to keep it that way

“If you're so called go-to receiver, if he's going to be that guy he's got to be that guy all around. He can't be a negative influence otherwise. Whether it's practice skills, missing meetings or any of those kind of things. You can't be a leader doing those kinds of things. I think a locker room is better without those kind of guys. I call those guys destructive achievers. Those are the kind of guys, they are the best teammates you can have. But as soon as you run into adversity along the way, they're the first ones to point their fingers at other people and never at themselves. That negative influence can be infectious to the other guys.”

"If you're the elite guy and you're not doing things the right way, then the other guys say if he's not going to do it I'm not going to do it. Our influence in our locker room was Roger Staubach. If he was working out then I needed to be working out. That's the kind of influence you need to have in the locker room. If they see the captain of the team doing things that are positive, then they're going to do things that way. I think with Dez [Bryant] being gone, it's going to be a different atmosphere in that locker room.”

~ Former Dallas WR Drew Pearson

I don't see any reason why the Redskins would want to sign Bryant.

There's a reason why he's still available. Some guys just aren't worth their stats. He's like a poor man's Terrell Owens, who was a nightmare for like three teams.

Then again, I didn't want to sign DeSean Jackson either, so what do I know? Also, the Redskins are downright terrible at drafting WRs. Maybe this is the best we can do.

I don't see any reason why the Redskins would want to sign Bryant.

There's a reason why he's still available. Some guys just aren't worth their stats. He's like a poor man's Terrell Owens, who was a nightmare for like three teams.

Then again, I didn't want to sign DeSean Jackson either, so what do I know? Also, the Redskins are downright terrible at drafting WRs. Maybe this is the best we can do.

You also need a strict disciplinarian coach to keep Bryant's ego and antics in check. Jay is way to laid back to be that type of coach.

Jay is way to laid back to be that type of coach.

I disagree. Jay does have another side to him.
He may not be a strict disciplinarian, but he's not a pushover, either.
He's certainly not afraid to get in a player's face when the moment calls for it.
Just ask his players, like Chris Thompson

https://riggosrag.com/2018/06/27/washington-redskins-chris-thompson-gives-endorsement-gruden/

"Sure, coach will yell at you and get after you, but two minutes later he has forgotten that and is laughing with you. He doesn't let things linger out. He really has a likable personality, even when he is getting on you. You know, most of the time what he is getting on you about.'

So Barkley get 4 yrs/31m guaranteed? Guice is looking better and better everyday.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 3, Members: 0, Guests: 3)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.