• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

The IQ of some of these players on this roster along with the competence of a number of coaches is definitely in question.

Meanwhile, the team is disintegrating and Bruce Allen is a no show.

Here we are...5 years after Shanahan lost any control he may have had over his team before he got fired, going through the same thing. Leadership is losing control from Gruden to Allen. The difference? Bruce Allen is no longer shielded from responsibility because "Shanahan had complete control".

I get the feeling Shanahan had less control than we'd thought.

Caps have Brian McClelland who won a championship as a player and put in 20 years in scouting, management to learn the job as sports executive.

The Redskins have Bruce Allen, a guy who never played in the NFL, never scouted players as a regular job and handled contracts as a front office executive.

Anyone want to guess which team is more successful? 😛

I still say that it should be a team rule that players should not be on social media during the season - including training camp, preseason, regular season, and the playoffs.

I'd absolutely do that were I a coach. Don't like it, you can ride the bench.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The best coaching press conference about social media came from Mike Gundy. I wish all coaches and players and really all people realized this about social media.

https://youtu.be/DoHMPGRu-YQ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I finally just had a chance to review the Mason Foster news of the day and I'm conflicted. Originally, I thought what he said was completely insane and indefensible. And that what Gruden said was just absolute garbage.

But after seeing a vet like Vernon Davis calling Foster "his favorite person in the entire locker room" and seeing other players defend him as a great person, I have no idea what to think.

I do believe nearly every single person reading this has complained about their jobs and work to their spouses at one time or another. I've certainly said "I hate this f---in job" on several occasions privately. He was stupid to say it publicly.

Also, I've seen more interactions between him and fans today, and it's incredible how viciously people went after him.

I'd post them, but they range from vile to complete ignorance. Racist..... you name it. I know every team has fans like that and that he needs to rise above or ignore, but wow.....honestly shocking.

Im not sure what to think.

Last edited:
Also, let's hope that the problem is just a few players who have given up or a HC that has lost control. All of those people can be replaced.

Hopefully it's not something related to a perceived slight or a feeling of throwing in the towel on the part of the FO by bringing Sanchez in, rather than giving Kaep a workout.

Last edited:
That's a good point. It's not like he told the entire country to F off. He thought he was speaking in private.

1. I hate Kirk.

2. This has nothing to do with Kirk, imho.

But in a league where the quarterbacks are so important, this has been a crazy season.

Maybe teams are spending too much on the position, to the detriment of the rest of the roster?

IMG_20181213_002707.jpg

well, with the cap hit for an injured Alex Smith who will end up on PUP in 2019 a number of these non performing veterans will need to be released in any event.

This team is going to be forced to get younger and cheaper.

Which puts an emphasis on hiring the right front office executive to avoid this club from becoming pre-2018 Cleveland.

Anyone hear anything on Alex? I assume he got MRSA in the hospital? Is he still there?

On Foster - yeah, even putting that out there privately probably isn't too smart. Be careful who you trust folks - most of us have learned that there are very few people you can rely on to have a truly private conversation with. Honestly - given what a lot of idiotic and rude fans have said 'publicly' to Foster on social media, he'd be justified to say whatever he wanted. I've never seen a pro athlete take so much nasty shit from fans. I'll never understand why fans think they have the right to do what they do to players. There's just really no excuse for it, but hey, this is America 2018, right?

On Alex... I don't know anything - and frankly, he has a right to privacy. He could probably sue individuals and some media types for accessing and/or sharing his private health information. However, speculating here, what typically happens when you get a post-op ortho infection is that the hardware put in during the original surgery has to be removed. Sometimes they'll put in temporary 'spacers' to stabilize the extremity, and sometimes they'll remove the hardware and leave it out. They rinse the wound copiously in the OR with antibiotic solution, and obviously put you on hardcore IV antibiotics for several weeks at a minimum. Although MRSA is a possibility, it's not necessarily the only infection that occurs. Sometimes, an infection can be bad enough that some tissue dies and they may have to perform an 'I&D' (incision and drainage) where they open the wound, surgically remove or 'debride' the tissue, and clean out the wound. This can be required several times. They may also have a wound vac in place which is a sterile dressing with special sponges that are packed into the wound with continuous suction applied via a pump which aids greatly in tissue healing.

Those are the kinds of things most likely going on if he has had setbacks/complications as is being (irresponsibly) reported.

This Redskins team ruined their credibility with fans and this City when after beating Tampa we had DJ and Josh Norman talking about lousy fan support and exhibiting a preference for playing on the road.

This team has not won a game since and now we have Mason Foster and Zach Brown both indicating they are unhappy campers here in Washington.

A consistent thread through the various versions of the Redskins we have seen in Snyder's tenure is the tendency to be front-runners.

There is nothing more embarrassing than players lighting up cigars and talking about the Super Bowl when they win a few games and are in first place after 6 or 7 games.

It's a joke around the league. That's one of the reasons you see media and former coaches and players say in regards to issues here with the team 'well, it is the Redskins after all'.

I suppose that after puffing out their chests at 6-3 coming home from Tampa the same front-running players are now embarrassed and being hazed on social media for their comments and they can't stand the heat.

Too bad, maybe guys should shut up and play and wait until they win something before they come out and make any on record comments about the team or the league.

I saw Zach Brown's comments and while I agree he may be on the way out based on the contract situation, the fact he acts as if he was an all-pro player that was unfairly sent to the bench is pure nonsense.

An all-pro inside linebacker in the 3-4 can cover as well as stop the run. He doesn't need to be substituted out for one-third of the downs the defense takes.

Brown conveniently forgets the fact that in the past guys like Jason Witten and Zach Ertrz ate him alive in coverage across the middle.

That caused the team to have to play Josh Harvey Clemons and others on key conversion downs because they couldn't trust Brown to make the play.

I think Brown has some ability we didn't use - his speed could have been an asset as a pass rusher up the gut to get in the quarterback's face but for some reason the coaches didn't ever consider using him that way.

But in any case, Brown like so many others is a complementary player who wants to be recognized and rewarded as if he is 'best in class'.

And that's simply bunk.

Just watch and see how much money he gets on his next NFL contract. My guess is he ends up signing a one year deal for $2.0M with some incentives.

Meanwhile we were paying him $5.5M this year.

Brown, just like Norman was better with his previous team. This coaching staff always seems to find away to misuse players. And I don't blame Foster for his frustration. He's one of the hardest working players on the team, and he knows damn well his coaches are clueless and half his teammates are just cashing checks.

If I owned the Redskins, I would absolutely clean house right now. About the only players I would keep would be Settle, Payne, Allen, Iodinnis, Scherff, and Kerrigan. I would make Callahan the interim coach, and he would be the only coach I'd even consider keeping around. I would bring in the best GM money could buy, and I'd build the team from the ground up starting with the oline. Yeah the team would suck for a couple seasons, but at least they'd be young and they'd have a foundation to build upon.

Well, with the wide receiving corps we now field each week, why didn't we pick up Kelvin Benjamin and give him a look for 3 weeks?

Andy Reid and the Chiefs took the opportunity to give him a look on an 11-2 team that really didn't need him.

I just saw him catch a 20 yard sideline pattern that we never seem to be able to complete here on Sundays.

Well, with the wide receiving corps we now field each week, why didn't we pick up Kelvin Benjamin and give him a look for 3 weeks?

Andy Reid and the Chiefs took the opportunity to give him a look on an 11-2 team that really didn't need him.

I just saw him catch a 20 yard sideline pattern that we never seem to be able to complete here on Sundays.

Ummm...we don't have a quality QB for starters.

If Johnson goes down, word is Ax and you are next in the rotation. ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 3, Members: 0, Guests: 3)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.